Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Libba is a little gun. Very consistent performer at a very high level.

I would argue that Jack's best games have more impact because of his goal kicking ability and moments of great leadership and commitment but Libba has had a significantly better year than Jack.

Agree - think JZ has a higher ceiling and will soon be the better player but Libba's 2013 was better.

Well done to Scotty T. Definitely deserves it
Players left for top 10?????

G Ablett
J Selwood
J Roughead
D Swan
S Pendlebury
S Mitchell
R Griffen
K Jack
H Taylor
BOOMER!!!!

Steven Motlop - 19 :eek:
Libba - 31 :eek: (had a good year but come on)
Brad Ebert + Stokes :eek:
Mayne - :eek:
Swallow >>>> Libba

Well done to Scotty T. Definitely deserves it
Players left for top 10?????

G Ablett
J Selwood
J Roughead
D Swan
S Pendlebury
S Mitchell
R Griffen
K Jack
H Taylor
BOOMER!!!!

Steven Motlop - 19 :eek:
Libba - 31 :eek: (had a good year but come on)
Brad Ebert + Stokes :eek:
Mayne - :eek:

As much as I would like Swallow or Lindsay to sneak into the top ten I think Mike will have Cyril in there.

As much as I would like Swallow or Lindsay to sneak into the top ten I think Mike will have Cyril in there.

Haha shows how much of a joke this list has become.

Very much deserved. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't go higher next year if our midfield continues to pressure the other way.

My favourite player now, Wells second.

Reckon Mike is usually close to reality (disregarding bias which mean 90% of team fanatics think the list is ridiculous) and hopefully we have a few more creep up next year.

Is Tom Liberatore a better player than Jack Ziebell?

Clearly. But that is no knock on Jack, Libba Jnr is a jet.

If Jack can impact more consistently, he will be right up there though.

Montagna? Will be either left out of the top 50 or be top 10...

That's about where I would have Thompson. Great season.

Boomer did miss 6 games and had a few quiet games, so probably hard to justify him in there. Thomas obviously also unlucky not to be in the 40-50 range.

Ablett
Selwood
Roughead
Pendlebury
Swan
Mitchell
Griffen
Taylor
Jack

Barlow? Cameron? McVeigh? Really, those guys might be top 10? Am I missing anyone obvious, because all I can think of for the number 10 spot are guys who had good seasons but were not top 10!

Also surprised Birchall made it. Due to injury, was not his best season.

Eric Mackenzie had an excellent year.

Seriously dude I actually have no idea who he is....

One thing I am really stunned about, is that Taz, Jacobs and Jmac didn't make it?

Been shouted down when disputing how awesome/talented they are, maybe next year?

One thing I am really stunned about, is that Taz, Jacobs and Jmac didn't make it?

Been shouted down when disputing how awesome/talented they are, maybe next year?

You clearly don't understand. Even if they're not good now, they will be eventually.

Therefore, play them. Understand?

If you say they're not good now, you will be ridiculed. In 5 years' time, when they are all finally serviceable/borderline non-liabilities, I will shout down to you from the mountaintop that is tenth on the ladder, and laugh scornfully, saying 'see? I was right!'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yawn...

I'm not sure which star could make way for Jeremy Cameron, however I think he is stiffer than LT.

Jordan Lewis and Luke Hodge are way too overhyped on the list.

I don't rate Libba anywhere near as high as the rest of you.

The rest is pretty good imo.

Didn't see Spud in there either.

You clearly don't understand. Even if they're not good now, they will be eventually.

Therefore, play them. Understand?

If you say they're not good now, you will be ridiculed. In 5 years' time, when they are all finally serviceable/borderline non-liabilities, I will shout down to you from the mountaintop that is tenth on the ladder, and laugh scornfully, saying 'see? I was right!'

Clearly you have more experience with the BF mentality than me DJ.

Thanks for the insight, it certainly looks like it may play out that way!

Very much deserved. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't go higher next year if our midfield continues to pressure the other way.

My favourite player now, Wells second.

Reckon Mike is usually close to reality (disregarding bias which mean 90% of team fanatics think the list is ridiculous) and hopefully we have a few more creep up next year.

Clearly. But that is no knock on Jack, Libba Jnr is a jet.

If Jack can impact more consistently, he will be right up there though.

Jack has more impact on the contest than Libba jnr. Dont let the numbers fool you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back