Player Watch Beau Muston (2005-10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Musto is a champion.

He doesn't even need to play another game, that's how good he is.

He will play another game however, because that's what champions do.

He will no doubt go on to win the Brownlow, the Coleman, Australian Idol and quite possibly the Tag Team belts as well.

He is great at Sudoku and can whip up a mean rissotto.

Bookmark this thread.

Musto is a champion.

He will no doubt go on to win the Brownlow, the Coleman, Australian Idol and quite possibly the Tag Team belts as well.

Bookmark this thread.

Why bookmark it when you could just sticky it ;)

Musto is a champion.

Bookmark this thread.

Add to that bachelor of the year which will make him a candidate for stag of the year :D .

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2007/03/27/1174761471909.html

Time for one young Hawk to earn his wings

Michael Gleeson
March 28, 2007

AFTER waiting more than a year, Hawthorn is finally likely to unveil one of its prized recruits from the 2005 national draft.

Like a couple of unwrapped presents under the Christmas tree, top draft picks Xavier Ellis and Beau Muston sat out all of last season through year 12 study commitments and a knee injury, respectively.

Beau Muston signed a 2 year contract extension as advised on 07.08.07. He will play for the Hawks until at least the end of the 2009 season. Great news, well done Juddy, sorry I mean Beau. :thumbsu:

Is Muston ready to play a handful of games next season?
Easily....................the pre-season comp., then a few feelers, resulting in him being part of the first 22 furniture, for most of the 2nd half. This will then see him in his first season of seniors getting some finals/big occasion experience. The heat, the tempo, the accountability and how lack of it at AFL level WILL result in an opposition goal.

Beau Muston signed a 2 year contract extension as advised on 07.08.07. He will play for the Hawks until at least the end of the 2009 season. Great news, well done Juddy, sorry I mean Beau. :thumbsu:
Rapt to hear this, as me darlin daughter just asked me my Xmas request for what number I wanted on the sleeveless jumper she's buying me. After careful deliberation about the retirings/nos. now available and the subsequent juggling of players, AND who's not likely to be traded, I asked for 17, WITH the name MUSTON above the number. Hopefully he doesn't see himself as a Dunstall just yet.:cool:

To many hot dates in 2007 reduced Binxy to a mess which is not what Charlie Mitchell promises to be with his man selection 15 Beau the human speedball Muston.

Charles see if you can deliver your info as quick as Mustys legs?

BR:thumbsu:

To many hot dates in 2007 reduced Binxy to a mess which is not what Charlie Mitchell promises to be with his man selection 15 Beau the human speedball Muston.

Charles see if you can deliver your info as quick as Mustys legs?

BR:thumbsu:

Appreciate the induction BR. I will be doing my best to keep Hawks supporters up to date with around the clock Beau watch.

It seems even the popular media in this country cannot keep up with the human speedball, as the young man prepares himself for a massive 08, it is only a matter of time till The Mustonator is the envy of 15 other clubs and their supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A picture of Hawthorn's main man, Beau "The Mustonator" Muston:

1455.jpg

The complete Beau Muston Anthology. From conception to the present. Enjoy.

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/...be-first-choice/2005/12/12/1134236003738.html

"Where the second-hand player can be first choice"
THE largely anonymous nature of rookie drafts will pass today if, as expected, a host of recognisable names is drawn from the AFL's cyberspace fedora.
Where once a rookie's name was not expected to mean anything until a primary-listed player did a knee or a shoulder and a long-term vacancy on the senior list opened up, there could be more familiar names taken in the second of today's drafts than there will be in the recycling exercise that is the first, the pre-season draft.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...ftees-say-Hawks/2005/11/26/1132966000136.html

"Be patient with AFL draftees, say Hawks"
Hawthorn is preaching patience to its fans after drafting two players recovering from serious injuries and another who will spend next season playing school football.
The Hawks had five of the first 22 picks in the AFL draft, but coach Alastair Clarkson conceded at least three of them were unlikely to have much impact at senior level in 2006.
The club's first pick (No.3 overall), defender Xavier Ellis, will be in year 12 at Melbourne Grammar next year, concentrating on his studies and playing school football.
The Hawks' second pick (No.6 overall), key forward Beau Dowler, has only recently emerged from a wheelchair after a car accident.
And their fifth pick (No.22), midfielder Beau Muston, is rehabilitating after a knee reconstruction.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...s-for-AFL-draft/2005/11/23/1132703240853.html

"Clubs to see past injuries for AFL draft"
The curse of injury and illness to have befallen some of the most eye-catching talent on offer in this year's AFL national draft is unlikely to sway clubs from picking them early, according to the league's top talent scout.
AFL national development manager Kevin Sheehan doubted clubs would be put off by the injuries which have sidelined draft hopefuls Beau Dowler (broken pelvis), Josh Kennedy (shoulder reconstruction), Beau Muston (knee reconstruction) and Travis Varcoe (broken foot), who could all be selected in the top 10 on Saturday.

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/...for-d-draft-day/2005/12/02/1133422112948.html

"Hawks' strategy for D (draft) day"
Hawthorn left nothing to chance when dispensing of its nest of early draft selections, Emma Quayle writes
AT 8AM last Saturday, Hawthorn's draft day team met for breakfast at a Middle Park cafe.

Only two of the Hawks' top 21 remained when they reached their final pick (their father-son selection, Travis Tuck, aside). One was Beau Muston. Buckenara and Pelchen turned to the back table.
"That discussion was for me to confirm what we knew about Beau and his medical condition and have the CEO accept that and be under the knowledge that if we selected this player, there was a strong likelihood he wouldn't play next year," Pelchen said.

THE WASH-UP …

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/...s-forget-me-not/2005/09/30/1127804663146.html

"Dear recruiters, forget me not"
At the draft camp, Emma Quayle reports that an injured trio hopes the clubs remember they can play.
EACH of them felt unbeatable.
Michael West had just kicked his 13th goal for Queensland in its first under-18 trial game, and he felt "10 foot tall and bulletproof". Travis Varcoe had unpacked his bags after travelling to Ireland with Australia's under-17 team, and scored his first goal for Central District's senior side. And Beau Muston was tearing through the Murray Bushrangers' midfield, hungrily gathering possessions for the team he had not made the season before.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/columns/200608/s1708463.htm?afl

"The Blues, the Hawks, and the road to recovery"
Youth policy

Hawthorn has been on a youth policy since Alastair Clarkson took over last year, and over the past two drafts the club has traded tall senior players like Nathan Thompson and Jonathan Hay, for early draft picks which have netted some of the best youngsters in the country.
The likes of Jordan Lewis, Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead are all now regular senior players, and this year Xavier Ellis, Beau Dowler, Beau Muston and Max Bailey are all showing promise.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,18358320-23211,00.html

"Hawks need time to make mark"
WITH one win from the final 13 games in 2005, don't expect any short-term miracle at Hawthorn.
The Hawks are rebuilding and from their new headquarters at Waverley Park, patience has to be the key word.

After 10 teen picks in the first 26 selections in the past two national drafts, coach Alastair Clarkson had no option but to put the club ahead of himself.

But Hawthorn will not see as much from 2005's draft intake. Xavier Ellis will concentrate on school, Beau Dowler missed pre-Christmas training and Beau Muston is a longer-term prospect.
The Hawks say Grant Birchall will make the grade and high hopes are held for ruckman Max Bailey, from West Perth. Hawthorn's five-win season was better than it reads, losing eight games by four goals or less.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport...ead-in-recovery/2006/02/08/1139379574461.html

"B1 and B2 pushing ahead in recovery"
HAWTHORN draftee Beau Muston still aims to be playing football as soon as round 12 despite having a knee reconstruction only eight weeks ago - his second in less than 12 months.
The Shepparton midfielder had exploratory surgery a fortnight ago that was intended to shave part of the bone in the knee to free up a tendon that has been grabbing since a reconstruction in May last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back