Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Needs a rest?

Not good enough really. Drop him
for a few weeks to teach him about 2nd efforts.

I haven't lost faith in him becoming a good player. But he does need to pick up his game.

he's clearly injured. was limping around in the 4th, brave effort to be out there.

cant believe people are writing his career off, your all a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only injuries are keeping him in the team.

Needs to learn about 2nd efforts and defensive running.

Plays far too much like McVeigh when he first started. A show boater.

Has heaps of talent - needs to look at someone like Swan to see just how hard you have to work to be good. Too much 1 way skiing.

And injuries are no excuse. He is declared fit and is playing schite footy.

It's an opinion, get used to it.

The guy is slow & makes poor decisions. Compare him to Heppell, who is clean, composed, and level headed.

Does he look like a first round draft pick to you? He was top 10 ffs. He should be showing something by now.

He has showed a lot, your just not looking.

It's an opinion, get used to it.

The guy is slow & makes poor decisions. Compare him to Heppell, who is clean, composed, and level headed.

Does he look like a first round draft pick to you? He was top 10 ffs. He should be showing something by now.
How about his BOG against Geelong last year? I've seen Heppell make some poor decisions, I've seen Melksham make poor decisions, he's got poise, class and smarts at his best, but he can be down as he was today. Not all first round picks are superstars, look at Bradley, Myers, Gumbleton, Brad Ebert, Masten, Palmer off the top of my head. They're no superstars, but they're first rounders. Sure, we've had bad luck recently but you shouldn't judge a young player at his worst, nor his best, but how he plays most of his footy- and Jake's is usually pretty solid

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Improved effort; but does he need a rest?

Surprised there are concerns about Jake's output, I'm pretty sure he was hampered with a calf injury and with the players we're losing weekly, our best 22 are forced to soldier on.

10 days break before our next best game. Surely that's enough break for everyone who isn;t carrying an injury.

Melksham was ok today, alot of other players looked tired.

He will get better and become a very good player for us.

People are obviously disappointed he isn't developing at the rate they were hoping he would, but dunno why he would need a rest with a 10 day break now. We don't really have a ready mid to come in and take his place at the moment and who knows how he is coping with the added weight, i'm expecting him to improve as the season goes on, particuarly in the second half of the year

Heck zaka didnt really come on until the second half of last year. After round 12 he averaged around 25 touches a game....in the first 12 he averaged around 15. I know he played quite a bit forward early in the year, but he really didnt peak until after the mid way mark

Guessing that the plan was to play Melksham for a half - And Sub him out.

I think you are spot on

Surely we are not going to continue to play the guy for 4 quarters each week when his lack of endurance has him breaking alomst every team rule conceivable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back