Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - "Rotten Melk" (Phone)

Yeah. Just dissapointed that its always the same midfield players standing up for us when we need it.

Hugely disappointing after a month of solid form. Hoping it's an aberration and that we don't see it again in the coming weeks.

he was woeful today, should have been dragged. not interested in excuses, drop him for one week then bring him back.

Unfairly gets compared with Zaharakis. There is 18 months age gap and 20 games experience difference between them. He there is still a lot of junior football habits about the way he plays and chances are he may take a year longer to mature than Zaharakis.

he was woeful today, should have been dragged. not interested in excuses, drop him for one week then bring him back.

So drop him, then bring him back no matter what?

Why even drop him?

Silly silly people. Dropping a 3rd year mid for having a roller coaster year poor form guys. He has had a massive preseason putting on a fair bit of weight which IMO he is still getting use to. Gaining 4-5 kg and being excepted to run out games the same just isn't going to happen in the first year. It takes time to get use to a new body but I mean we could of just left him small getting pushed off the ball all the time.

he looks skinnier now than what i saw of him in round 1 NAB cup :(

Unfairly gets compared with Zaharakis. There is 18 months age gap and 20 games experience difference between them. He there is still a lot of junior football habits about the way he plays and chances are he may take a year longer to mature than Zaharakis.

So we'll have to wait until next year for him to win the Crichton? :D

he looks skinnier now than what i saw of him in round 1 NAB cup :(
Yeah i've noticed this too. Its to be expected with the different training routine of week to week matches, and the increased cardio of playing each week, players are bound to drop some of that size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're doing the right thing by pumping senior games into him. He'll have his good days and bad days but it'll be worth it in a season or two.

*insert Marge Simpson 'hmmmmmmm' voice*

Probably also getting unfairly compared with Heppell.

Personally, I think his games against Brisbane and West Coast were very good. His game against Richmond was pretty ordinary but that should not wipe away the positives from his games against Brisbane and West Coast.

Young players will have up and down games, it's a natural part of their development. But I think if we try to look through the volatility of his performances you can begin to see a bit of an upward trend this season.

The stats are very similar.

Compared there first two years - Stanton 2004-2005 and Melksham 2010-2011.

Stanton played 34 games in his first 2 years and averaged 15.7 possessions.

Melksham played 37 games in his first 2 years and averaged 16.1 possessions.

So after 2 years their figures are nearly the same.:thumbsu:

Will be happy if Melksham can follow Stanton's rate of improvement.

The stats are very similar.

Compared there first two years - Stanton 2004-2005 and Melksham 2010-2011.

Stanton played 34 games in his first 2 years and averaged 15.7 possessions.

Melksham played 37 games in his first 2 years and averaged 16.1 possessions.

So after 2 years their figures are nearly the same.:thumbsu:

Will be happy if Melksham can follow Stanton's rate of improvement.

Trade Melksham for 1st rounder ASAP.

It's Melksham's decision making & awareness that worries me.
I hope he doesn't end up being a wasted first round pick.

Re: #17: Jake Melksham - Still inconsistent

I am a big fan of Jake's, but his game vs Richmond was atrocious. He should have been subbed very early in that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back