Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt want to count my chickens yet before it was official.. but wow, actually happened!
Thanks Dees! Love being on the right end of a daylight robbery for once! :D:thumbsu:

Tbf, he will most likely flourish under Goody and I do wish him all the best.. will be keen to follow how he goes next year. Pegged to play HBF which they are crying out for too so will be very interesting.

I cant believe we got a Pendlebury/Scott West for pick #25.. :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I should be happy but for some reason I'm not…probably because he's s**t, well done on bending us over minus the lube.

I hate my ******* club so much..
I'm definitely happy to let him go for 25, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he comes good for you. Might see this as a win-win in 12-18 months.

Course I'm not brave enough to say that on your board. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant believe we got a Pendlebury/Scott West for pick #25.. :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I should be happy but for some reason I'm not…probably because he's s**t, well done on bending us over minus the lube.

I hate my ******* club so much..

Just hold onto the hope that Goodwin is The Horse (teeth) Whisperer.

Although if the process is going to be as tedious as The Horse Whisperer you might as well not bother.

FINALLY! The amount of happiness I am experiencing right now cannot be expressed in words alone. I will just say this, Essendon is definitely on track to being a great club again....and pick 25????? I would have been happy to pick up a player from the VAFA for him.

Well the guy was a whipping boy, sometimes fairly, sometimes not. But the bloke has left with class, and the deal was good for all.

Best of luck to him.

Melksham and Carlisle have been the two most frustrating players in the last couple of years, albeit for different reasons... We will have to pick on someone else who is not living up to expectations...
(Stanton doesn't count because he gets picked on regardless of his output).

So we apparently have a particular half back role for him based on run and carry with some midfield stints. From what I've read from most Bomber supporters he has some decent attributes but can go missing. Sadly we don't have decent running types off half back so we could (ironically) get value.

It sounds like a definite case of it being a (potentially) bigger gain to us than loss to you guys.

So we apparently have a particular half back role for him based on run and carry with some midfield stints. From what I've read from most Bomber supporters he has some decent attributes but can go missing. Sadly we don't have decent running types off half back so we could (ironically) get value.

It sounds like a definite case of it being a (potentially) bigger gain to us than loss to you guys.

Bloke can be frustrating as all hell, but there's no doubt he CAN play. Played his best footy as a tagger, but his kick is very nice so could potentially be handy off half back.

Look you blokes paid slight overs to get him, but honestly I think it's a win-win before we get the benefit of hindsight a few years from now.

Played half back at times this year, didn't really disgrace himself. Think of Jasper Pittard, takes a lot of risks with the ball and can bite off more than he can chew but he can still cut sides to pieces at times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back