Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade him. If we can't, fund him a boxing career.
The new coach, if he has any balls, will kick him out.
Even in the situation we are in, his attitude is very poor compared to the others

What's happened to this bloke was on his way to become the player we though he would be.
Seriously, when has he EVER shown any potential??? It's like he has been s**t for so long that when he played 1-2 games that were not ao s**t all of a sudden he was going to be an amazing plsyer for us. He is a cancerous dickhead who is everything wrong with this team. I don't even know if he's worth trading because no club could seriously look at this guy and say 'yes I think pick 50 is a reasonable offer'. They would be ripping themselves off.

Lost count of how many times he was caught just watching the ball Bennell slipped away and got used as second receiver.
Very average player. Said he was a one trick pony when he was drafted. Had one improved year in 2013 but has gone backwards again.
Type of player that makes me want to stay away from games.

Seriously, when has he EVER shown any potential??? It's like he has been s**t for so long that when he played 1-2 games that were not ao s**t all of a sudden he was going to be an amazing plsyer for us. He is a cancerous dickhead who is everything wrong with this team. I don't even know if he's worth trading because no club could seriously look at this guy and say 'yes I think pick 50 is a reasonable offer'. They would be ripping themselves off.

Did you not see his second half of 2013? The bloke was on track and finished the season strong,got injured in the pre season and has been poo every since.

I note with interest that Kavanagh had another 25 touches and 9 tackles at VFL level.

Just can't help but wonder what might have been for a player that has hardly gotten 1/10 of the opportunities this guy has had (with improvement in his game at maybe one stage). Melksham must have photos of someone.

Last edited:
If we can get a pick for him then do it.

Could not jump at a third round pick quickly enough. Even if it is to provide us with list spots to re-arrange rookies and take give opportunities to mature agers like Hartley and Coghlan (who I think is a significantly better player than at least Melksham and Howlett who play 85% of games for the club).

I don't mind that he gets criticised for his performance, but the bolded is just a s**t comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not jump at a third round pick quickly enough. Even if it is to provide us with list spots to re-arrange rookies and take give opportunities to mature agers like Hartley and Coghlan (who I think is a significantly better player than at least Melksham and Howlett who play 85% of games for the club).
I'd settle for him leaving under any circumstances. Seeing him selected just makes me want to follow a different sport. I'm filthy that he has been gifted more games this year. Mind you, even on BF i got shouted down for suggesting that he be required to show form at VFL level before any selection this year... Annoyingly, it's not impossible that he is a decent footballer who lacked the psychological resilience to deal with ASAGA. It would be excruciating to see him succeed somewhere else next year! But that's a risk i am willing to take

Can't think of a player who has shown less development over an extended period....was essentially the same player in his first year that he is today.

Jack of all trades, master of none IMO....ok at most things but no better than average at any one thing. Also think he has struggled badly to add size whilst maintaining athleticism (something that will be a challenge for many on our list - Fantazia, Gleeson and Kav spring to mind) .....seems to blow up early in games and fade early in seasons.

Sadly, Melksham is nowhere right now...think his time is up.

always a tease - a walking contradiction. Has a good leg but makes dumb kicks, Is tough in a contest but has zero awareness.

On the positive side, another club may see the positives and think they can work the negatives out of him - clubs think like that. Like port with Ryder.. yeh mate, he can play in tandem with another ruck.. youse just didnt know how to do it right ... nek minnit Lobbe is rotting in the twos with zero form.

I could see a club like a Geelong or a Hawthorn with solid structures talking him with a 3rd rounder and giving him a set role, This is your job Jake, this this and this, nothing else, we think you can do it. dont try to over reach.

and he may look good at another club doing it.

im not saying we would regret losing him but i think we can get a pick for him

Didn't Egan mention him specifically in his post match presser or the coaches thing? Something about leaving his man and going to help in a contest in the context of the 'caring' footy thing. It doesn't sound like they have marked his card yet.

The only way he could be a decent long term player is as a tagger and he's played a couple of decent games in this role. He's strong and fit enough to run with someone, but he's just so dumb when he gets the ball. I reckon we'll stick with him unless a trade comes up on account of there being too many others to de-list or retire, but I'd take almost anything as a trade.

The only way he could be a decent long term player is as a tagger and he's played a couple of decent games in this role. He's strong and fit enough to run with someone, but he's just so dumb when he gets the ball. I reckon we'll stick with him unless a trade comes up on account of there being too many others to de-list or retire, but I'd take almost anything as a trade.

Too much of a ball watcher to ever be a decent tagger.

Lost count of how many times he was caught just watching the ball Bennell slipped away and got used as second receiver.
Very average player. Said he was a one trick pony when he was drafted. Had one improved year in 2013 but has gone backwards again.
Type of player that makes me want to stay away from games.

This sums it up beautifully. The last 2 weeks it's like he hasn't really been paying attention or focussing.

Surely no other club would offer us anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back