Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

He gets enough of the pill but doesn't hurt the opposition with his disposals. He has no defensive nous at all and I get the feeling he doesn't always have his mind on the job.

Float like a buffalo, sting like a moth.

Those concrete boots of his will be worn for a long while. No toe, and decision making that would struggle in a game of Tetris on level 1.

Last edited:
Needs to make way for one of either Kavanagh, Gleeson, Aylett, Trained monkey, Ashby.
Yep....He's had his chances and even his moments but its time for the gifting games baton to passed to someone else - He should earn his senior games from the VFL from here on in.

Thought he was better than the last two weeks - In saying that he will probably get dropped.
Nope. He was far better last week. Should get dropped

I can't even believe we still have to talk about him.. I don't know any other player that could have this many bad games.. for one decent one.. and make the team every week.

Baffling.

Finey had a crack at Melksham on SEN - Basically traded him out on the spot - Thought Melksham was better this week when you consider the quality of his opponent - Then again many just look at stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He mixes up the kicking function and the handballing function.

He'd make a terrible puppeteer.

Why you kick my dog and call him get farked.
mr-mcgreg_002_1196470926.jpg

I must be mad but he was far from our worse player on Friday night. He did a very good job on Steve Johnson I thought.

Merrett of the Jackson variety, Hardingham and Chapman at least should be dropped before Melksham based on Friday night. Melksham played a role, the others just played.

I must be mad but he was far from our worse player on Friday night. He did a very good job on Steve Johnson I thought.

Merrett of the Jackson variety, Hardingham and Chapman at least should be dropped before Melksham based on Friday night. Melksham played a role, the others just played.

You can throw Howlett on that list as well.

I can't even believe we still have to talk about him.. I don't know any other player that could have this many bad games.. for one decent one.. and make the team every week.

Baffling.

When you've gone from being a ball wining mid to doing a half-decent job on an opposition player, it's time for your education to continue in the 2's.

When you've gone from being a ball wining mid to doing a half-decent job on an opposition player, it's time for your education to continue in the 2's.

What has his instruction been? Wear Johnson like a glove as priority A, or play away from Johnson and try hunt your own pill?

He's not a great tagger but I thought Johnson's stats overstate his influence on the game, Jake effectively nullified him imo. I'd like to see Jake do the same on Boak this week letting Hocking take on someone like Hartlett.

What has his instruction been? Wear Johnson like a glove as priority A, or play away from Johnson and try hunt your own pill?

That's the problem in a nutshell. In form, Melksham's role is to hunt the ball. Now, their just creating roles for him to cover up the cracks in his game.

Surely he can 'learn' to play a different role or get back to being a pure inside/outside mid in the 2's.

That's the problem in a nutshell. In form, Melksham's role is to hunt the ball. Now, their just creating roles for him to cover up the cracks in his game.

Surely he can 'learn' to play a different role or get back to being a pure inside/outside mid in the 2's.

I'd prefer his 2014 form to J Merrett's 2014 form.

Merrett started out with 2 or 3 cracking games, then did nothing until he got injured, then has done nothing on his return.

The positive for Melksham is he has shown a defensive game which is adding value. It could also be a way toshow him that he hasn't been working hard enough by playing him on hard working midfielders whilst still having him perform a role for us.

Who do you directly replace Melksham with? I'd like to see Kav but not at the expense of Melksham this week given the depth of Ports midfield.

At the end of the day I think he'll be lucky to survive in the seniors for much longer, it just depends on when he gets dropped. For me it should not be this week.

I'd prefer his 2014 form to J Merrett's 2014 form.

Merrett started out with 2 or 3 cracking games, then did nothing until he got injured, then has done nothing on his return.

The positive for Melksham is he has shown a defensive game which is adding value. It could also be a way toshow him that he hasn't been working hard enough by playing him on hard working midfielders whilst still having him perform a role for us.

Who do you directly replace Melksham with? I'd like to see Kav but not at the expense of Melksham this week given the depth of Ports midfield.

At the end of the day I think he'll be lucky to survive in the seniors for much longer, it just depends on when he gets dropped. For me it should not be this week.

I think Melksham can consider himself lucky that Browne is out for the year and guys like Gleeson, Kenny & Kav have had injuries over the last 2 months.

Preferably, I would like to see Kav/O'Brien given a chance over Melksham/Howlett sometime in the near future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back