Player Watch #17: Riley 'Stiffy' Hardeman - made his debut v Adelaide in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Did plenty well considering the defence was under the pump all day. Couple of really solid 1%er’s, some really neat kicks and backed himself with ball in hand.

The howler was bad but he knew it straight away and was so disappointed in himself. He’ll learn and build from that.

Did more than enough to give himself a few weeks at the top level.

Showed more in defense in 1 game than we have seen from Luke McDonald in over a year.

Persist.
If you watch the Debut video carefully enough, you can actually see RH cringe when LMac says he's looking forward to running out with him .... nah jokes, it was me that cringed :-D
1714288749832.png

Was sitting near all our players whom didn’t play yesterday and also what seemed to be family of players as I noticed Donald McDonald ect, also due to the social media posts last week I noticed the Hardeman family. Like in the social media videos, his Dad is a legend, was getting right into the game and very vocal towards North. Later on in the last quarter I noticed him in the standing room with many a north fan chewing the fat and conversing all things North. Thought it was great to see particularly knowing the family have come to support two weeks in a row all the way from WA, that’s the type of family we want involved in our club

Was sitting near all our players whom didn’t play yesterday and also what seemed to be family of players as I noticed Donald McDonald ect, also due to the social media posts last week I noticed the Hardeman family. Like in the social media videos, his Dad is a legend, was getting right into the game and very vocal towards North. Later on in the last quarter I noticed him in the standing room with many a north fan chewing the fat and conversing all things North. Thought it was great to see particularly knowing the family have come to support two weeks in a row all the way from WA, that’s the type of family we want involved in our club
Riley's dad seems to have become a full-on North nuffy which is great to see. There won't be a go home factor there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t watched the game yet. Was Riley injured or did he need a spell when he was subbed?
The fact that we subbed on a defender to replace a defender but then played the sub up forward was perhaps just a strategic plan to change our structures. Hardeman didn't play badly and he didn't make any terrible mistakes. Also, Bergman didn't really smash the door down in the VFL today so there's every chance that Hardeman holds his spot.

The fact that we subbed on a defender to replace a defender but then played the sub up forward was perhaps just a strategic plan to change our structures. Hardeman didn't play badly and he didn't make any terrible mistakes. Also, Bergman didn't really smash the door down in the VFL today so there's every chance that Hardeman holds his spot.
So your saying he would be Stiff to miss out? 🤣🤣🤣

Hardenham needs to keep playing in this current environment he will ajust in time a demotion/scapegoat to the VFL could do more damage then good just like Sellers it was sad to see how his gone backwards.
From reading what’s been said his from good stock his old man already has become a rusted on North person and Riley seems to be of the same stock.
What we as going thru atm is pure hell need to keep going to Victorian based games in numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back