Player Watch #18: Jake Melksham – back for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-12-08/melksham-ready-to-make-mark-at-melbourne

Interview about his move from Essendon. Speaks a bit about losing his passion for footy the last few years, which is probably what most of us were thinking the reason behind his stagnation was. Hopefully the new environment and the apparent overwhelming sense of :rainbow: at the club will do just that, and we'll get to see plenty of the highlights also in the vid.

Amazing what a new polo shirt does, his face is somehow less punchable now ...

first time I've seen him speak, has a much calmer personality than I expected, some considered responses there. hope he works out for us, just can't seem to get all the posts from bombers supporters out of my mind, not many that were sad to see him go it seems. I'm sure we could compile a great package of highlights from Sylvia as well, doesn't mean much in the long run.

but give him a clean slate at the dees and judge him on what he does for us I guess.

first time I've seen him speak, has a much calmer personality than I expected, some considered responses there. hope he works out for us, just can't seem to get all the posts from bombers supporters out of my mind, not many that were sad to see him go it seems. I'm sure we could compile a great package of highlights from Sylvia as well, doesn't mean much in the long run.

but give him a clean slate at the dees and judge him on what he does for us I guess.

To be fair Sylvia would have a great highlights package, you could even have two separate packages, the Sylvia vs Richmond package and Sylvia vs everyone else.

To be fair Sylvia would have a great highlights package, you could even have two separate packages, the Sylvia vs Richmond package and Sylvia vs everyone else.
If Sylvia could have somehow tied a few more of his best performances together, I truly think he would have been a bit of a Melbourne legend. On song he could carve the opposition apart, and his skills and technique were textbook. He just didn't feel like it or train for it much.

Thanks for linking the MShakes article. Good read. He may have a head like a kicked in milo tin (Cannon coined that phrase, not me) but he was by all accounts well regarded personally by his former team and club. I hope he comes good.

When i read it I thought there were a few parting jabs at some Essendon folk in there when he talks about who he got texts/support from, find out who your real friends are etc. anyone else think that?

The highlights in that vid aren't half bad lol, mcmilkyshakes deliver us some outside 50 bombs. His umm and tshk sounds got me but lol

This is what happens when you visit BigFooty while trashed.

Don't Drink and Demons Board.
Thanks. I did wonder. I see I clicked like too - I must have been playing along and assuming you had said something sophisticated. It was probably worth a like in any case for being a bit different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can find some consistency like Vince has Melksham is going to be my favourite player to watch. Infuriated me at Essendon, had all the tools he needed to be a star but more often than not was a liability. Fingers crossed.

So should we address the Elephant in the room? Wada hands down it's decision next week (that's if they're on time with date)

His biggest issue is that he goes missing for too long in games.

If he can fix that up, he'll be a good pick up because he runs well, tackles hard and has a reasonably penetrating kick on him.

Will be a shame if he can't play for 12 months (WADA), but I'd be pretty excited if Essendon had to sit the season out.

His biggest issue is that he goes missing for too long in games.

If he can fix that up, he'll be a good pick up because he runs well, tackles hard and has a reasonably penetrating kick on him.

Will be a shame if he can't play for 12 months (WADA), but I'd be pretty excited if Essendon had to sit the season out.
Pretty sure they've thinned it out to 12 players.

If he can find some consistency like Vince has Melksham is going to be my favourite player to watch. Infuriated me at Essendon, had all the tools he needed to be a star but more often than not was a liability. Fingers crossed.

He needs to get off the drink. If he settles down off the field he should become much more consistent

Really? I heard he was quite an astute and committed trainer with a very good work ethic?

Ive heard he is seen out on the town blind drunk quite frequently like Dusty... he obviously doesn't have the elite talent the Dustys do to get away with it. But he is at an age when guys start growing up a fair bit. Could be a similar story to Jamar who quit alcohol then made AA team the next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back