Past Kristian Jaksch

Remove this Banner Ad

We just need to be patient with KJ. His obviously has a very slight build and it's not a good idea to try and stack weight on frames like that to quickly. He nearly broke down with stress fractures when he first arrived. Thank the gods he didn't.
But I' saw some great flash of absolute class from KJ in some of his VFL games. He just can't put it all together yet.
He has really sticky hands reads the play reasonably well. Tackles well for a tall and sometimes his kicking can be top shelf.
He looks better then Hendo did at the same age.

If you were to compare him to our recently delisted McCarthy how would he stack up? Similar build and height. For me they both lack intensity. However, for Jaksch,it is still too early to make a call.
spot on

I can't believe people are writing Jaksch off as a bust already. He's only 21 and a skinny KPP. Give the kid at least a couple of years, Tom Hawkins was average till about 24. People need to stop being so impatient with young players.

Plus he is a more natural forward, played the majority of his youth as a forward for Vic Metro and Oakleigh, and only was a part time Backman. IMO will end up a forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we tried to compare Jaksch and Kennedy at the same age, Kennedy would still be coming out in front, on his path to what he has become.

Kids need time we agree and definitely not writing him off, just needs some muscle and grunt.

Need to compare him to what we need though, to become a powerhouse again.

This is not about being tough on Kristian but Kerna kicked 10 on Doull as a 20 yr old and was a sensation. he was a little older when he started in navy blue but was a player from day one.

J Brown was another who matured very quickly and was a gun. Rising star of this year is another.

We have had several key forward prospects disappoint and were very generous with the excuses in their lack of development.

Teachers have brought success to CFC in the past, so hoping BB can do the same.

MUMM should be the word at Carlton again, not the Berri Est 5 litre cask variety we have been drowning in for 20 years

if we tried to compare Jaksch and Kennedy at the same age, Kennedy would still be coming out in front, on his path to what he has become.

Kids need time we agree and definitely not writing him off, just needs some muscle and grunt.

Need to compare him to what we need though, to become a powerhouse again.

This is not about being tough on Kristian but Kerna kicked 10 on Doull as a 20 yr old and was a sensation. he was a little older when he started in navy blue but was a player from day one.

J Brown was another who matured very quickly and was a gun. Rising star of this year is another.

We have had several key forward prospects disappoint and were very generous with the excuses in their lack of development.

Teachers have brought success to CFC in the past, so hoping BB can do the same.

MUMM should be the word at Carlton again, not the Berri Est 5 litre cask variety we have been drowning in for 20 years
Kennedy was marginally better at the same age.
He looked iffy when he was first starting out as well and is now one of, if not the best kpf in the comp.
Too many people are judging KJ on his performances when he's physically not ready yet, with a year or two of development we may have a gun on our hands.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

He's going to take time. I'll use dre everitt add an example, started at the doggies was going to be there kpf, his body wasn't ready they lost patiences and sold him to Sydney. He spent more time developing but still wasn't good enough to be a kpf.
Spends his first season at carlton as a run with player and running off the wings and flanks, second season at the blues in the back half of the year spends time forward and with a mature body and 8yrs experience he is becoming a very good kpf.
He's still only 26 plenty of time left for him.
I wouldn't be surprised if dre was our 3rd tall or chf next year.
Jaksch maybe the same but hopefully not as long as dre

Everitt will never be a Centre Half forward. He hates contact and refuses to defend. Has the build and attributes (mark & kick) but lacks intensity and mongrel. At best he might come out of the square and mark on a lead.

Jaksch will be one of our KP forwards. I think full forward suits him right now but in time, I feel he might be our CHF. Needs to put on weight!

Everitt will never be a Centre Half forward. He hates contact and refuses to defend. Has the build and attributes (mark & kick) but lacks intensity and mongrel. At best he might come out of the square and mark on a lead.

Jaksch will be one of our KP forwards. I think full forward suits him right now but in time, I feel he might be our CHF. Needs to put on weight!

Thats pretty unfair on Everitt.
I recall Everitt busting a gut to get forward and also to put defensive pressure on constantly this year...
Wouldn't call him 'tough' but his intensity is pretty good, and will probably get better when we're not being belted by 50 points all the time

A guy with Jaksch's skills and ability to kick a set shot goal should play forward.

Mobile forward line centred around Jaksch, Everitt and Walker will give opposition defences some headaches.
Casboult there for the muscle.

In todays game its more about the mobile forwards than the 'power' forward.
Case in point Hawthorn and WCE, who both constantly hit up forwards on the lead, not just bombing to them.

Saw a pic of Jaksch last night on twitter. From after the open training session... one of our female supporters in between Kristian and Levi... the looked about the same height and the young lady confirmed it this morning...

It seems that Jaksch is now around 199cm tall instead of his listed height.

So with Mckay, Charlie and SOS jnr walking into the future forward line, do we see KJ staying back with Weiters and Plowman?
It doesn't always work out like that. You cant just draft players and assume that they're going to make it in their U18s position.

If KJ is best suited to playing forward then that's where he should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back