Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

You're forgiven. I definitely think people's opinions are shaped by his last 100 games. I liked him but he is by no means a North legend.
First of all, thanks for forgiving me. I feel much better resourced for the rest of the day now. :p

My opinion of Simpson is shaped by the full 300 games.

Friday night football, simpson snap goal, North hit the lead, Eagles done. Brett33 runs out of his room and gives lip to his parents. Brett33 not spoken to all weekend...good days
Well done young man. Brett33, giving lip to Weagles parents for xx years! (I'm hearing this as a kind of personal motto.)

Huh?

Stevo retired in 2004, yet you remember them complementing eachother after 2004?
I should have clarified, l only remember a few games with Stevens and Simpson before 2004, but they seemed to complement each others game.

Reading the first post has become depressing but that's about a different player anyway.

Well it's a new season and he's still at the club. And will be given every opportunity.

And just wow on the Simmo stuff.

Anyone who over a 15 odd year H&W career could avg 440 disposals, 88 marks and 63 tackles is well clear of the Jack Dyer, 'good ordinary footballer'.

The bloke was a champ which ever way you look at it.

Well it's a new season and he's still at the club. And will be given every opportunity.

And just wow on the Simmo stuff.

Anyone who over a 15 odd year H&W career could avg 440 disposals, 88 marks and 63 tackles is well clear of the Jack Dyer, 'good ordinary footballer'.

The bloke was a champ which ever way you look at it.
But his disposal was crap. : firm look :

Simpson was a better kick than gibbo and at least twice the footballer.

Single handedly beat Geelong in Geelong in '07. Under rated marking, did many good jobs on Buckley.

Read the play better than anyone.

Positioning and on field coach of the highest order.

An all time great of the club. 300 games, 2x flags. GAGF.

Single handedly beat Geelong in Geelong in '07. Under rated marking, did many good jobs on Buckley.

I know it's flogging a dead horse (Yep saw this and the pic the other day) but for gods sake lay off Gibbo will you. Granted that Simmo was a better footballer, but Gibbo is so damn important to us! His link up play, and his gut running effect more than just the times the ball is in his hands. The other sides ran out of gas against us a lot last year, chasing Gibbo to shut down him as an option is part of that. Every successful team has a Gibbo type in it, plus he tends to jag a pretty good goal now and then.

I know it's flogging a dead horse (Yep saw this and the pic the other day) but for gods sake lay off Gibbo will you. Granted that Simmo was a better footballer, but Gibbo is so damn important to us! His link up play, and his gut running effect more than just the times the ball is in his hands. The other sides ran out of gas against us a lot last year, chasing Gibbo to shut down him as an option is part of that. Every successful team has a Gibbo type in it, plus he tends to jag a pretty good goal now and then.

Yeah Arjen, lay of Gibbo ya jerk.

Simpson was a better player than Gibbo. I take take that as sleight either. Simpson is better than most players.

Gibbo is a very much required, best 22 player for us.

Now back on topic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man he can burst out of a pack. If he can slow the last 2 steps to steady his i50's will end up as 6 pointers more often than not. #breakoutyear 22dpg 3bpg

Do those 3 bounces per game include the ones that hit the ground wrong and dribble out in front of him?

There's always been something special about this kid, still reminds me of a young Chris Judd the way he can explode from packs and is showing real strength in the contest now.

22 yo, 86 games: I'm putting my money on a truly breakout year in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back