Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL rankings:

Sam Wright @ 302
Wood @ 56

Your honour, I rest my case.

Re: Harper, yes i would play him ahead of many regulars. He'd, imo, have played for the doggies this year had that trade gone through..... why?

hard, fast & skilful my friend.

dual sided, good bloke, private school edumacated, aerobic capacity, training form and wonderful listener in bullshit meetings should not dictate who gets a game.

You honestly think 7 or 8 possessions in the VFL would get him in a side currently sitting in the top 4?

He'd get a game at Carlton, Melbourne & the Lions.

Why? Because they now want to lose

You honestly think 7 or 8 possessions in the VFL would get him in a side currently sitting in the top 4?

He'd get a game at Carlton, Melbourne & the Lions.

Why? Because they now want to lose

They have played 39 players this year.
They rest players who need it, they take risks with youth and class.

We prefer to back in plodder scrubbers.

And 6-8 possession, 6-10 tackle games from a 3rd banana small forward is perfectly acceptable.

They have played 39 players this year.
They rest players who need it, they take risks with youth and class.

We prefer to back in plodder scrubbers.

And 6-8 possession, 6-10 tackle games from a 3rd banana small forward is perfectly acceptable.

Id agree if he was kicking minimum 2-3 goals every week too

Not in the VFL it's not.

In ten years' time people will still be watching his 2012 highlights video and starting threads along the lines of "worth a rookie spot?"

AFL rankings:

Sam Wright @ 302
Wood @ 56

Your honour, I rest my case.

Re: Harper, yes i would play him ahead of many regulars. He'd, imo, have played for the doggies this year had that trade gone through..... why?

hard, fast & skilful my friend.

dual sided, good bloke, private school edumacated, aerobic capacity, training form and wonderful listener in bullshit meetings should not dictate who gets a game.

Ability to get the ball gets you a game over someone who has trouble getting it at VFL level.

Sam Wright shits all over Harper as a footballer. A lot of footballers on our list do. A Sudanese refugee and an American college basketball player have more of an idea than Harper.

Kayne Turner was a rookie listed school kid who got games over Harper. That's how bad Harper is.

He is a waste of a pay cheque.

image.jpg image.jpg

Aaron Black who has played 2 games above Ben Brown and also 2 players who haven't played a game all year ahead of Tarrant and Turner. The AFL Rankings aren't worth s**t.

'98 wouldn't be used by a true North supporter' Jesus crucify me for my age and supporting my club.... I am a loyal member and just stating my opinion...

You're 98! :p:D

Horace has some competition.

View attachment 165269 View attachment 165272

Aaron Black who has played 2 games above Ben Brown and also 2 players who haven't played a game all year ahead of Tarrant and Turner. The AFL Rankings aren't worth s**t.

Wright is 25 and has had 8 years to accumulate that piss poor total of points.

You actually went to that trouble to strengthen my point. You're a better bkoke than i thought, i'd suggest reading the terms and conditions or indeed the question before wasting your time.

I have never said harper is better than wright (i just said on team balance i would plaý him ahead), there is a big difference, so not sure why you are using that as your basis for what is a flimsy argument.

Wood > daylight > Wright was my argument which was backed up by said rankings. End of.

Big few weeks ahead for this bloke, make or break time.

1. Walters
2. Stringer
3. Resting mid: Martin / Deledio / Cotchin

If he is our premier lockdown defender he should be lining up on these 3 players at his height and experience.

Its based on their last 40 games....Which makes it tough for those who are yet to get there.

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/ratings-explained

It's incredibly fair and accurate if you read the rules.

Last edited:

You actually went to that trouble to strengthen my point. You're a better bkoke than i thought, i'd suggest reading the terms and conditions or indeed the question before wasting your time.

I have never said harper is better than wright (i just said on team balance i would plaý him ahead), there is a big difference, so not sure why you are using that as your basis for what is a flimsy argument.

Wood > daylight > Wright was my argument which was backed up by said rankings. End of.

1. Walters
2. Stringer

If he is our premier lockdown defender he should be lining up on these 3 players at his height and experience.

The points are a rolling total of the last forty games.

He also won't play on Stringer. Far too powerful for Wright.

1. Walters
2. Stringer

Its based on their last 40 games....Which makes it tough for those who are yet to get there.

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/ratings-explained

It's incredibly fair and accurate if you read the rules.

That rating system is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever seen and the fact that you use it to justify your opinion, whilst it doesn't surprise me that you would grasp onto something as bullshit as that, just shows again you have no idea.

There isn't a team in the league who would give up a first round pick for Easton Wood and the Dogs would be laughed at for asking for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

our most reliable player defensively in my eyes, rarely loses a one on one! big pre season ahead, would love to see him start getting the recognition he deserves!

I'm tipping a top 6-8 in the bnf this year.
Slightly better than Atley in the one on ones.

Yeah really lifted after getting pantsed in the first half. Really love Wrighty as a player as he gets the most out of himself most of the time.

Got exposed by Walters early but like the rest of the team he lifted I the second half
Reckon Scott's decision to play him on Walters was not ideal, Walters is too quick and Atley should have had that role. Despite that, he did very well and in the first quarter Walters was given silver service due to our lack of midfield pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back