Delisted #19: Shaun Edwards - Rookied by Sydney, now retired from AFL - 22/9

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
How many games had Hooker and Dempsey played in their first four years - Lot more than Edwards - Which suggests they had better AFL type talent.

In the powerhouse that was EFC 2007 to 2010?

There is really no difference in the context of a young player getting games in the dog s**t sides we had at the end of the Sheedy era and through the Knights ear and the current team?

It's been a lot hard for young players to get solid game time since 2013 because there is a good experienced core. We're now getting players doing long apprenticeships in the reserves which is the way it should be.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
He spent 4 years without debuting from memory and is now a best 22 player in the premiership side.
3 years.

Barely a best 22 player. Is Will Langford a player that has all of a sudden been an AFL success then, does it take just one year?

I think it needs a few years in a row.

I still dont think Melksham has made it, however hes finished top 5 in a B&F

Edwards hasn't played four years. In his first three years, Dempsey played ten games. Make an effort.

He was on the GWS list the year before they entered the competition - He's been four years in the system.

Would have played NEAFL footy like most of the GWS list. Same thing happened with the GC list.
So, he wouldn't have played AFL footy that year as he wasn't eligible...

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
So, he wouldn't have played AFL footy that year as he wasn't eligible...

No - But was in the AFL system - I am unsure if he played for the GWS Tac Cup team - If he did that's five years in the system.

Back