Delisted #19: Shaun Edwards - Rookied by Sydney, now retired from AFL - 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

By that logic Isaac Heeney has been "in the system" for a good six years without managing a single game. Delist.

Don't say that or you will have Eddie jumping up and down.

What do people expect him this year? I don't really watch the VFL so I don't know much about him.

He seems exactly like the player we have been missing for years. Is he an Eddie Betts type of player?

What do people expect him this year? I don't really watch the VFL so I don't know much about him.

He seems exactly like the player we have been missing for years. Is he an Eddie Betts type of player?
Half a dozen matches at most. Across HB he's Dempsey of the early 20's, across HF he's a little mercurial, if sporadic.

Well not really but yes as well. Lol.

Missing the type of small forward that can kick a bag.

So not that exciting? Well I hope he does turn out to be more than serviceable.

Edwards is 190cm+ (don't worry about his listed height, he is really tall). How is he going to be like Betts?

The sort of finished product we'd be looking at is rangy half back like Birchall (particularly in the early years when his defence wasn't great) and/or someone like Andrew Embley on a wing rotating up forward (as it seems Edwards has been doing this pre-season).

He's faster and more explosive but does not have the physicality of the other two mentioned.

Before anyone goes to the effort of point out the bleedin' obvious, no Edwards is not as good as the two players I've mentioned. They are the sorts of players we'd be looking to develop him into.

Edwards is 190cm+ (don't worry about his listed height, he is really tall). How is he going to be like Betts?

The sort of finished product we'd be looking at is rangy half back like Birchall (particularly in the early years when his defence wasn't great) and/or someone like Andrew Embley on a wing rotating up forward (as it seems Edwards has been doing this pre-season).

He's faster and more explosive but does not have the physicality of the other two mentioned.

Before anyone goes to the effort of point out the bleedin' obvious, no Edwards is not as good as the two players I've mentioned. They are the sorts of players we'd be looking to develop him into.
What? He is tall? See I'm not joking when I say I don't know much about him.
Well that changes things a lot. It says he is 190cm and 84kg. I have a problem with depth perception, which is why I struggle knowing if they've kicked a goal or a behind. Let's say I'm the type that celebrates behinds (thinking it's a goal) more frequently than what I should be. :oops:

Still hope he can break through the side.

My desire for players like Edwards to break out and become a star leads me to believe I think that about too many people.

Following my wish for this to be true of all our young players would mean we are having to delist 3 AA players at the end of every season to make way for our next crop of AA's we draft after seeing the other clubs all pass on future gems.

My desire for players like Edwards to break out and become a star leads me to believe I think that about too many people.

Following my wish for this to be true of all our young players would mean we are having to delist 3 AA players at the end of every season to make way for our next crop of AA's we draft after seeing the other clubs all pass on future gems.
Yet, i think we really do have a good crop right now... Sure it could all go to s**t, but almost all those younger guys show something pretty special. Exception for me being NOB. Kav also is borderline. But Gleeson, Zach, Jackson, Browne, Ashby, Dalgleish, Laverde, Langford? These guys have really got something about them. It really feels like half of them will be stars.

O'Brien's ball winning ability is pretty good a VFL level. He's shown more than Browne, who's a bit overrated on here.

Wondering when someone was going to get around to making this point.

He kicked two goals against Adelaide once. I've never seen him do anything else that warrants mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly would be one of the first players delisted IMO. Only blokes I'd delist ahead of him are Steinberg (rookie), Kommer and maybe Hams.

Honestly would be one of the first players delisted IMO. Only blokes I'd delist ahead of him are Steinberg (rookie), Kommer and maybe Hams.

Hams has 5 really good to excellent games of VFL footy under his belt from his first season. He's a while away because he is physically immature and a injury ravaged year two doesn't help but he'd be one I am most confident will make it in the long term.

Maybe put he has time, with a few likely retirements I don't think we'll delist many. You'd assume Winder, Fletch and Chappy would be in their last year. Can't imagine we'll have more than four list changes unless we have a poor season.

Reckon there could be up to 8 or 9 changes. Have a group of around 10 players who haven't nailed down a best 22 position.

Maybe put he has time, with a few likely retirements I don't think we'll delist many. You'd assume Winder, Fletch and Chappy would be in their last year. Can't imagine we'll have more than four list changes unless we have a poor season.

Regardless of whatever season we will have much more then 4 list changes.

Regardless of whatever season we will have much more then 4 list changes.

Winderlich, Chapman, Fletcher in their last season add to that these guys as chances if they dont have a good year Browne, Kommer, Hams, Kavanagh, Obrien and maybe even my boy Melksham although im backing him in all the way.

Aylett, Steinberg from rookie list.

Oh forgot Pears aswell.

Yep we should have considerable change at season end.

Winderlich, Chapman, Fletcher in their last season add to that these guys as chances if they dont have a good year Browne, Kommer, Hams, Kavanagh, Obrien and maybe even my boy Melksham although im backing him in all the way.

Oh forgot Pears aswell.

McKernan and Gwilt are on one year contracts as well. If they performed poorly they quite easily good be delisted as well

Oh forgot Pears aswell.

Didn't Kommer re-sign for 2 years last year? I don't think he's good enough, but he is contracted.

I'd like to throw a green vest on him and unleash him on tired sides.He's quick, slippery, gains big meters on foot and by foot and can kick a goal. Reckon Hes the perfect impact sub. Can play fwd, back, mid if needed due to injury or just as a game breaker late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back