1988 R12 Richmond v Carlton at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember thinking that game would be a turning point for the club after 5 years of rubbish. It turned out that we had 7 long years of dark time ahead.

Chris Pym was great that night. Remember Wilson's cartwheels. Flea was at the height of his powers.

In hindsight I reckon the blues were probably all high on coke. But it was a great win.

surely you jest.......great player in a s**t side shines, and he was a great player, not sure about the height of his powers though.

guys

No need to give rbartlett a hard time about this, it is his tape, and he is free to decide what to do with it.

i will just continue my search for it until i can find someone with it, thats all.

nothing more to see here, lets just move on now.

surely you jest.......great player in a s**t side shines, and he was a great player, not sure about the height of his powers though.
I'd say he was thereabouts. He was 29 in 1988. He was outstanding in the state game for Victoria against SA the following year. His biggest Brownlow polling years were 87-89.

Watched it at my brothers house. Was around 14-15 years old at the time. Chooka Wilson is one of IDGAF favourite players. Crazy the man love he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was indeed. Then Fitzroy tried to make a full back out of him. o_O

So did Kev from memory... I seem to remember many a game where the crowd would chant "Jeff Hogg to Full Forward" as he was playing down back on the likes of Dunstall, Ablett and Lockett.

Also, was it this game that Wilson did the Cartwheels or a Handstand? I can't remember... I remember him doing the chicken walk in front of Karl Langdon out at Waverley when he crapped his dacks near the boundary line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back