Past #2: Brad McKenzie - pick #18 '11 draft - delisted end '16 season - 37 games for NM - Norwood '17

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately B Mac is what I'm hearing also, can't blame him either. Has one of if not the best leg at our club, his early VFL form didn't warrant selection but now he should be playing 1's or at least being in the 25.
I could see him being a regular at Adelaide next season.

I've got great mail, he's not happy with the coach playing him as an inside mid. Wants to play afl football and thinks he's best suited as an outside player as we all do

I have no mail but blind freddy can see there are rumblungs within the team. United sides dont put in performances like some of the ones we have put in this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Brad McKenzie continued his good recent form with another high disposal game.

“We are really pleased that he’s getting that weight of possession now,” Dyer added.

“That’s a good five or six weeks now where he’s been able to get those numbers through the middle. They’re not cheap possessions, they’re either clearances or contested ball inside that he’s feeding to someone outside.

“He’s also spreading a lot better and using that defensively to find a few more possessions as well.”

I've got great mail, he's not happy with the coach playing him as an inside mid. Wants to play afl football and thinks he's best suited as an outside player as we all do

Not sure he is quick enough to play purely as an outside mid in the seniors.

Surely he's smart enough to realise this, right? Nuffies on an internet forum can see that slowish players need at least a semblance of inside game, can't actual professional footballers? He's not going to displace the usual suspects in the stoppage setups but needs some appetite for the contest to get by at the level.

He's a full time professional footballer who realises he's being asked to round out his game, not "convert to inside mid", right?

Anyway, it's time. Get him in. Seems to be at the very worst sucking it up and doing what's asked of him. Reward for effort.

We do need more outside run and a player waiting around the midfield but not sure wether b mac has the leg speed though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back