Past #2: Ed Lower - #10 in '05 RD - TOD review posts 1192 & 1194 - delisted end '11 - BB housemate '13

Remove this Banner Ad

Mailman

Club Legend
May 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat/Werribee
I am interested to see if North have picked up a good player with the Rookie Draft here.

Resident BF Drafting Supremo 'Weaver' had put Lower at 36 in his mock draft with the following write up (He tipped Carlton to get him):

A wingman with good skills, long-kicking, the ability to take a mark and can drop onto the HBF and read the play well. Moves elegantly and is more a defensive option than his twin brother who edges him for pace and leap. Carlton have so many holes to fill and Lower would contend for the Lappin and Houlihan type roles straight away and get time on the wing in season one.

Anyone seen him train with the boys at Arden St or play in the past even?

Mailman

Mailman said:
I am interested to see if North have picked up a good player with the Rookie Draft here.

Resident BF Drafting Supremo 'Weaver' had put Lower at 36 in his mock draft with the following write up (He tipped Carlton to get him):

A wingman with good skills, long-kicking, the ability to take a mark and can drop onto the HBF and read the play well. Moves elegantly and is more a defensive option than his twin brother who edges him for pace and leap. Carlton have so many holes to fill and Lower would contend for the Lappin and Houlihan type roles straight away and get time on the wing in season one.

Anyone seen him train with the boys at Arden St or play in the past even?

Mailman

Mailman i think there where 2 Lowers picked up in the draft , the other Lower got picked up by someone in the draft , i think Weaver might of meant him.

speedy said:
Can he take Powells spot or does some have to get injured before we can elevate a rookie?

Only if someone kneecaps Powell. He still needs a medical certificate that says he can't play football long-term.

Marstermind said:
So are you asking if Lower can go higher??????

We should keep count of these jokes just to see... Or even better, we could compile them all into a small memento of the year for young Ed and present them to him. He must've copped a few good ones at school. :)

Hold your horses folks. Even though Lower has shown a bit of promise, he is far from getting a senior game. Even if a spot on the list became available, it'd probably go to Perkins who can potentially play in the midfield off the bench.

The best Lower can hope for at this stage is to continue to impress in the VFL and be promoted at the end of this year or the next (as he probably has a two year deal).

vlad76 said:
Hold your horses folks. Even though Lower has shown a bit of promise, he is far from getting a senior game. Even if a spot on the list became available, it'd probably go to Perkins who can potentially play in the midfield off the bench.

The best Lower can hope for at this stage is to continue to impress in the VFL and be promoted at the end of this year or the next (as he probably has a two year deal).
Couldn't agree more.This time last year we saw a young fella by the name of Perkins who showed more than enought to suggest he would play a few games last year,were is he now??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

speedy said:
Aaron Davey.
Sorry Speedy but this is a silly example you've used mate.
Prior to being rookied Davey was about 19 and played most of the VFL season for Port Melbourne against men and did pretty well.

Lower on the other hand, probably has a lot of talent but he is far away from being AFL ready, I think most would agree with that.

This guy is a FREAK!

Will be a better footballer than one Nick Dal Santo :)

Have faith, our best youngster :cool:

Had a look at the VFL replay last night and I have to agree with F/D.

I just had to look harder.

He was very good and for an 18 year old he plays with a lot of mongrel.

If he continues to improve, then I think we will be seeing him on our list next year.

By christ it's hard to pick anything up from the ABC commentary in between Cleary waffling on about VFL player representation and lefty politics and Booth crapping on about the Ammos incessantly.

They literally missed half the call, and continually got players names wrong or missed them alltogether.

Flag Man said:

If he continues to improve, then I think we will be seeing him on our list next year.

By christ it's hard to pick anything up from the ABC commentary in between Cleary waffling on about VFL player representation and lefty politics and Booth crapping on about the Ammos incessantly.

They literally missed half the call, and continually got players names wrong or missed them alltogether.
Haha yeah "Riggio!, no, it's Sharkey.......hang on its Petrie." :rolleyes:

I agree with the feedback on Lower............looks bloody good. I like his style and he could well be a bolter from the blue.

At least with him, Pratty, and eventually Urch (hammy probs a bit of a worry) we'll have a group of players willing to shake things up a bit when the result's not going our way.

Watching "Fabio" Holland go straight to Wellsy on Monday, scragging and annoying him from the start, I couldn't help but think that if it was 1996-1999 all over again, we'd have someone rock Holland's world with a big bump/heavy tackle to help out Wellsy. I looked around and the only player on field who was even capable was Arch, who was miles from where Wells and Holland were.

T'toes

Flag Man said:

If Phil mentions his own career again i will kick in the TV and "who was that player again?"

Twinkletoes said:
I agree with the feedback on Lower............looks bloody good. I like his style and he could well be a bolter from the blue.

At least with him, Pratty, and eventually Urch (hammy probs a bit of a worry) we'll have a group of players willing to shake things up a bit when the result's not going our way.

Watching "Fabio" Holland go straight to Wellsy on Monday, scragging and annoying him from the start, I couldn't help but think that if it was 1996-1999 all over again, we'd have someone rock Holland's world with a big bump/heavy tackle to help out Wellsy. I looked around and the only player on field who was even capable was Arch, who was miles from where Wells and Holland were.

T'toes
T'toes I was watching a "From the vault" the other day and a richmond player clothes lined Jose Romero when he was playing for us - there were thirteen blokes starting with the Duck, Kingy and Mick Martin lining up to jumper punch the guy - I just don't see that happening recently

Contra Mundum said:
T'toes I was watching a "From the vault" the other day and a richmond player clothes lined Jose Romero when he was playing for us - there were thirteen blokes starting with the Duck, Kingy and Mick Martin lining up to jumper punch the guy - I just don't see that happening recently

Ah Kingy! A quiet achiever when it came to throwing the weight around, and couldn't we use him now, streaming out of half-back.

Wouldn't it be good if we could get Wells to have David Kings tunnel vision and single minded approach to goal on the run from 50-55m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back