#2 - Favourite movies of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

So are there any movies that you just love watching over and over again and never tire of?

Name your three favourite movies of all time -

Mine are -

Gone with the Wind - Absolute classic, I think I've watched that film over 20 times.

Shawshank Redemption - Morgan Freeman awesome acting.

Godfather movies - Love all the mafia stuff.

what are your favourites?

Gone With The Wind
National Lampoon's Vacation

Casablanca is better than NLV I guess but like repeat viewing of NLV a bit more :)
Cool Hand Luke

The Great Escape

Point Break

And can't split Shawshank redemption and the longest day

I wouldn't say these are necessarily my favourites, but three movies that I will continue to watch over and over again until I know the script backwards are:

Apocalypse Now

Gran Torino

Planet Of The Apes (1968)

In no particular order:
Grown ups

Shawshank has already been mentioned, another Stephen King creation that I love is Stand By Me.
Also love:
Almost Famous
The Usual Suspects
Fight Club
Se7en
American History X
Lock, Stock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Godfather parts 1&2
Gladiator
Walk The Line
The Departed/Goodfellas
Braveheart
Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
Midnight in Paris
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
Inception
Batman Begins/The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises
Year of the Dog ;)

Love a golf comedy, Caddy Shack and Happy Gilmore are classics.

Anchorman, I am Sam & The Jackass movies also enjoyable.

Hey guys, I'm putting together a list of BigFooty's top 100 movies in the Movie and Entertainment forum and I'm looking for a couple more of people's top 10 lists to help flesh out the countdown. If you're able to put together a list and post it at the thread on the M&E board by Sunday, it would be much appreciated.

So many faves and they change over time...
In no particular order:-
*The Departed. *Inglorious Basterds. *Lost in Translation. *Groundhog Day. *Some Like it Hot. *Paper Moon. *Groundhog Day. *On The Town. *The Shining. *National Lampoon's European Vacation. *Stand By Me. *Bridget Jones' Diary. *Trading Places. *Groundhog Day (ha ha). *Spirited Away. And I got sucked into those Paranormal Activity movies..

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Cinematic masterpiece, but it makes me way too emotional so I usually can't watch it. :p

Followed by Scott Pilgrim vs The World, and then The Muppets. I really don't know why but I just love that movie :p

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Cinematic masterpiece, but it makes me way too emotional so I usually can't watch it. :p

Followed by Scott Pilgrim vs The World, and then The Muppets. I really don't know why but I just love that movie :p
I saw E.S.O.T.S.M. at the cinema and liked how unusual it was. Also I love John Cusack.
People were walking out making fun of it. But then I do live in a very country, country town..
I wanna see the Muppets..cos I love Sheldon from Big Bang..

I saw E.S.O.T.S.M. at the cinema and liked how unusual it was. Also I love John Cusack.
People were walking out making fun of it. But then I do live in a very country, country town..
I wanna see the Muppets..cos I love Sheldon from Big Bang..

It's a pretty dense and different movie. Extremely well acted, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it and if you were in a country town it would be easy to make fun of it :p

He's only in it for one song, and not even the whole song. I don't even know why I love it so much, I never actually watched the Muppets when I was younger. :p

Original Star Wars trilogy
Ben Hur
Rocky I & II
Back to the future trilogy
Wizard of Oz.
all fun movies with good overcoming evil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back