Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Muller (@darcyhmuller) tweeted at 10:27 am on Mon, Feb 29, 2016:
First glimpse from the broadcast yesterday of the project I have been spending all my time on lately. Pumped. https://t.co/MEGK53t3UC
()

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sosage: Son of Steven and grandson ect

and by the looks of this weeks performance he might have a pretty close association with the sausage role

Great to see Jack kick two in his VFL debut on the weekend.

Not sure he'll feature much (or at all) at senior level this year but if he can continue hitting the scoreboard he'll give himself every chance.

It'll be a special day for everyone when he does make his senior debut, be it this year or next.

You just get the feeling that some time this season Bolton will roll the dice with Silvagni & I am confident that if he does, Silvagni won't look out of place at AFL level.
The problem for Jack is that there's about 8-10 others on the list fighting for that small/medium forward roll in our team. Lamb, Charlie Curnow, Sumner, Buckley, Armfield, Everitt, Gallucci, Smith, Walker, Wright and even Thomas at times are fighting for that role in our team. He'll get a chance, especially if he continues to kick goals, but he may have to wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem for Jack is that there's about 8-10 others on the list fighting for that small/medium forward roll in our team. Lamb, Charlie Curnow, Sumner, Buckley, Armfield, Everitt, Gallucci, Smith, Walker, Wright and even Thomas at times are fighting for that role in our team. He'll get a chance, especially if he continues to kick goals, but he may have to wait.
He's not a small forward, he's a true third tall and is therefore only really fighting C. Curnow, Everitt and Jaksch for that role. Perhaps you could say Lamb plays that role as a semi lead up forward.

Everitt is past calculations, C. Curnow shows talent but could be anything from a third tall, to a full forward to a midfielder. Jaksch could play defence or come on as a third tall forward. Lamb is currently in the side and doing okay.

I think should Lamb or Charlie become injured, Jaksch and Silvagni are the next obvious like for likes.

He is a third tall not a small

See above.

Yes I saw that,m and in my view they are not really interchangable.
Certainly more than in the past, but SOS' one weakness is lack of leg speed so he won't be supreme at applying forward pressure.
Can you envisage a forwardline comprising ...

2 players 195cm+
4 players 190cm+

??

NO, I can't either.

Yes I saw that,m and in my view they are not really interchangable.
Certainly more than in the past, but SOS' one weakness is lack of leg speed so he won't be supreme at applying forward pressure.

I'm not sure leg speed is that relevant is it? Big guys can also apply forward pressure which in reality is perceived more than anything else. Aaron Hamill was great at forward pressure and he was no express train.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back