Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Been some ripper parties in that joint over the years, just got home from Blundstone actually, we sent Devonport packing from the finals.

Haha yeah, I heard about that one. Good stuff. Always like Bombers beating Pies.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether we pick up another ruck now? I don't like the idea of having the same rucks next year as this year, since none of them worked out. If Carlisle leaves, then maybe Bellcho could be our new FF. He's been quite a capable goalkicker in the past.

I thought McKernan was good tonight, TBC is better backup than Giles.

We are 4-5 years off competing for a flag, we can sort out rucks in 3 years if need be.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether we pick up another ruck now? I don't like the idea of having the same rucks next year as this year, since none of them worked out. If Carlisle leaves, then maybe Bellcho could be our new FF. He's been quite a capable goalkicker in the past.
A fit Bellcho with McKernan as a forward/ruck backup is fine by me.

I think we will but we probably change demographic and steer clear of Berger/Martin in favour of a younger project player, much like when we drafted Tom in the first place.

I really hope we give the Bellchambers/McKernan combination a good go next year, the last time he had a good run at it he was dangerous in the middle and up forward and McKernan in the side will allow for some waxing off each other

Play TBC fwd with Berger rucking.

Gives us a second avenue to goal (next to Daniher) and the flexibility of a second ruck
Berger sounds like he really needs to be ruck 75% of a game which means either TBC or Mckernan really need to hone their forward credentials. In theory i'd prefer Mckernan for his ground work as a forward which should compliment JD. He also strikes me as the ideal ruck to have in the last quarter, once again because of the pressure he brings to bear on the deck.
Realistically though, it is TBC who has the runs on the board as a forward, but i just don't like the likely set up as much. TBC would probably end up at full forward with JD at CHF.

Berger sounds like he really needs to be ruck 75% of a game which means either TBC or Mckernan really need to hone their forward credentials. In theory i'd prefer Mckernan for his ground work as a forward which should compliment JD. He also strikes me as the ideal ruck to have in the last quarter, once again because of the pressure he brings to bear on the deck.
Realistically though, it is TBC who has the runs on the board as a forward, but i just don't like the likely set up as much. TBC would probably end up at full forward with JD at CHF.
McKernan can play between the arcs and just roam pretty well, allowing Daniher and Bellchambers to play deep-ish.

JD is next to useless when the ball hits the ground, he needs to play deep also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JD is next to useless when the ball hits the ground, he needs to play deep also.
Huh? JD is good when it hits the deck. Not Buddy-like but still better than most big men.

McKernan can play between the arcs and just roam pretty well, allowing Daniher and Bellchambers to play deep-ish.
Why in hells name would we play all three rucks! Unless Mckernan can show that he is a CHF in his own right, which something of which we have seen literally nothing!

I can see this being the dominant theme of the weekly thread on our team selection.

Suspect Worsfold will go with Leuenberger and Bellchambers initially. I'd like to see one miss for McKernan.

FWIW one of my WC mates has never forgiven Worsfold for playing Gardiner ahead of Matera in '05.

Like seriously. A ruckman who kicked over 150 goals in his career whilst being a solid player whilst in the middle is something most teams would love in their side.

Hille was fine, for the most part.
No he wasn't. He was useless for most of it with the exception of a purple patch that people seem to use to justify him having a better career than he actually did.

Best thing he did was call a runner for Jamie Charman and kicked 4 a couple of times.

Crap tap ruckman, love to see our center clearance stats during his time. Crap defensively. Crap in the air. Barely ran.

People who rate David Hille rate Brent Stanton because of stats, not realising that you can always rely on him to cost us at a monumental time. has had his moments but overall his a hindrance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back