Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume they haven't done their research, the AFL sites injury list does not specify TBC is on the LTI though...

I assume they haven't done their research, the AFL sites injury list does not specify TBC is on the LTI though...

They have pulled down the article, so I think you are right. Love it how Sam Edmund started the piece with 'Essendon are considering...'. When in fact he was just making it up. It's not like I'm surprised, but they do need to get called on it more often.

I think it'll be:

J Merrett - Carlisle - Ambrose
Winderlich - Bellchambers - Chappy/BJ/Jobe/Stants etc.

Bellchambers contested marking instead of Joes (right now) would be a much bigger asset. We do lose a bit at ground level but half the marks Joe dropped tonight turn into contested marks we get much better value for our inside 50's

Joe doesn't have the muscle, and I'd prefer to see Carlilse give chop outs in the ruck ahead of Joe. However, he looked good off the half forward line. He moves well enough and attacks the ball on the ground ok for such a tall kid. Furthermore, he has shown that he can go back with the flight from half forward too.

Chappy - Daniher - Ambrose
Winderlich - Carlisle - Bellchambers

Is mobile enough if Daniher leads high, Carlise also leads up at the ball but from deeper, and Bellchambers plays very deep. It will most likely see one of Daniher, Bellchambers, Carlisle or Ryder subbed out most weeks though. The thing about that forwardline is that despite it seeming very tall Ambrose is actually a gain on most small players for mobility and Daniher will work up the ground and he chases his opponents quite well. Carlisle and Bellchambers will be the only liability in speed in the forward line. This is why I would play Ryder up forward a little bit more though, because we'd actually have a quick forwardline with

Chappy - Daniher - Ambrose
Winderlich - Carlisle - Ryder

Ambrose may only get 2 possessions in the first half but should burn most people away in the second. However, you can't put a midget on him and that means that the opposition has to stop Daniher leading up and Carlilse plus a ruck man fairly deep ... with Winderlich and Chappy's smarts buzzing around there. JMerrett to play while Winderlich is out.

It's important to note that it wasn't Ryder going off that made our forward line move better. It was because our forwards had a run on the ball and got moving. The problem was that Joe and Carlisle both looked at their opponent and thought I can out mark this midget so just called for the ball to be kicked onto their head. This allowed Hodge, Birchall or Gibson to jump over them and punch the ball.

Gleeson and JMerrett look the goods as long term replacements for Chappy and Winder, but for now play the better and more experienced players.

That first one is simply not mobile enough. Hawthorn and West Coast get away with it because Darling, NicNat, Gunston and O'Brien have excellent pressure skills (although O'Brien, while he may be a talent, shouldn't get a game). I know you're obsessed with Paddy as a forward, but he's no more than a pinch hitter there.

That first one is simply not mobile enough. Hawthorn and West Coast get away with it because Darling, NicNat, Gunston and O'Brien have excellent pressure skills (although O'Brien, while he may be a talent, shouldn't get a game). I know you're obsessed with Paddy as a forward, but he's no more than a pinch hitter there.

I like Paddy on the ball. He really adds a point of difference for us with his mobilty and marking. However, the gifts he's born with he should be tearing the game apart in the forward line. I also suggest him because having him there doesn't mean we lose mobility, Daniher applies plenty of pressure, Carlisle is OK in that area, Ambrose is exceptional, Winderlich and Chappy are fantastic. I understand that it will be hard to carry both Carlisle and TBell with Daniher as one of the others. However, it can also be a matter of Daniher pushing high while mids push deep. The way we move the ball around that will happen a fair bit.

I like Paddy on the ball. He really adds a point of difference for us with his mobilty and marking. However, the gifts he's born with he should be tearing the game apart in the forward line. I also suggest him because having him there doesn't mean we lose mobility, Daniher applies plenty of pressure, Carlisle is OK in that area, Ambrose is exceptional, Winderlich and Chappy are fantastic. I understand that it will be hard to carry both Carlisle and TBell with Daniher as one of the others. However, it can also be a matter of Daniher pushing high while mids push deep. The way we move the ball around that will happen a fair bit.
Just because he has the athletic ability to do so, doesn't mean a bloody thing. Look at Stanley for St. Kilda. Exceptional athlete, bloody useless at football. He's simply not a natral forward. The best option (when everybody is fit) is having Carlisle at CHF, Ambrose HFF, Bellchambers goalsquare and Daniher in the reserves (yes, he will get a few games) and having various smalls. Then next year or the year after we can push Carlisle back and bring in Daniher, if he has the body.

Sounds like he is right on track. Bomber said he trained with the main squad last week and is a chance at playing VFL this week. I don't think he will get up this week, but is every chance of playing VFL next week (round 3). Then it becomes a question of how long in the VFL and then whether we can fit him in! Awesome place to be in right now. dat depth!

That's great news. Looking on track for round seven.
I'd say he'd almost be ready round 5. Dust the cobwebs off in the VFL, get 3/4 against St. Kilda andd hopefully be ready for a ful game ANZAC Day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints have been going fine a pretty damn good performance against the eagles at subi went with them for every bit apart from last 20 minutes.

fishardansin both those forward lines are way too tall and ill happily call it now that they will never happen this year.

Right now id be going
Hardingham - TBC/JoeD - Winderlich

Chapman - Carlisle - (Midfield rotation) Merrett, Goddard or Zacka ect to start

I reckon our forward line looked the best it has for some time against Carlton having ne key forward yet people want to all of a sudden put in 4.

We will have to see if 3 can work throughout the year.

Would have thought that he'd need two or three games in the VFL. He's coming from a long way back.
I agree, I am thinking 1 or 2 quarters in the VFL this week if he is ready, then hopefully a full game next week and then it's touch and go on whether he will be back for ANZAC day. I am still skeptical he can be back that soon.

How do you think our forward structure will set up with Belly back? It means Carlisle, Daniher and one of either Ryder/Bellchambers (whoever isn't rucking) will be playing forward. All those players are giants (200cm+) and our forward line will be too tall/slow with all of them in it, with Ambrose who is a medium/tall as well, its hard to see how we would structure. Would we move Carlisle back to defense? or would Ambrose get dropped and stick with the 3 giants? Interesting to see what will happen....

How do you think our forward structure will set up with Belly back? It means Carlisle, Daniher and one of either Ryder/Bellchambers (whoever isn't rucking) will be playing forward. All those players are giants (200cm+) and our forward line will be too tall/slow with all of them in it, with Ambrose who is a medium/tall as well, its hard to see how we would structure. Would we move Carlisle back to defense? or would Ambrose get dropped and stick with the 3 giants? Interesting to see what will happen....
I've waxed and waned on this and at this point have NFI how we should structure....my only thoughts are that TRB should try various scenarios, see what works and make a decision on our preferred structure with as much lead time into finals as possible.

Ambrose would go, Licka/Chappy would become smaller marking target along with the 3 beanpoles

l am not So sure about this. Ambrose won't cost the side in mobility. Daniher is tackling like a mad man and can play high too. I actually think that Daniher may miss, Carlisle as KPF. Chappy & Winder as medium/smalls, resting ruck and then Jackson rotating into the midfield with the final spot fur a mobile marking target. Right now that's between Ambrose & Hardingham. Hardy would be in front because of ability to So back and his leap really messes the opposition. However, once Dempsey is back it could be Ambrose if rucks + Carlisle are stretching the defence enough.

Jackson Carlisle Chappy
Winder Tbell Hardy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back