Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

So I take it that you think a combination of Ryder and our 22nd best player is better than Cooney and Bellchambers.

I was just stating that in my opinion a combination of Bellchambers and Cooney >> Ryder and 1 of van Unen, Aylett, Jetta, Kav, Dell, Hardingham, Fantasia, Ashby or Steinberg as 26 games were played by these players, but with Cooney in the side our 22nd best player is now a much better player.

I understand the strengthening of the list but I don't understand what is has to do with a comparison between Ryder and Bellchambers as players which is what is being discussed.

In 2013 Bellchambers had 395 hit outs, 72 marks and 28 goals. By comparison Paddy Ryder had 389 hit outs, 67 marks and 10 goals. Whilst the statistics are not a true reflection of their impact upon games, I think a fit and firing Bellchambers will more than adequately cover the loss of Ryder.

"The Age is reporting the Essendon Football Club ruckman Tom Bellchambers has put contract talks on hold until the end of the season, however Bellchambers' manager has had preliminary talks with the club about a new deal. Bellchambers is a restricted free agent at the end of the season"

He always irks me as the type to leave unless he gets what he wants for some reason. He has #1 ruck spot now so I'm not entirely sure what the issue could be (besides the obvious cloud). Perhaps it'll all go well?

"The Age is reporting the Essendon Football Club ruckman Tom Bellchambers has put contract talks on hold until the end of the season, however Bellchambers' manager has had preliminary talks with the club about a new deal. Bellchambers is a restricted free agent at the end of the season"

He always irks me as the type to leave unless he gets what he wants for some reason. He has #1 ruck spot now so I'm not entirely sure what the issue could be (besides the obvious cloud). Perhaps it'll all go well?

I'm not too worried yet. It makes sense for him to put contract talks on hold so he can lift his value by playing well this season.

I'm not too worried yet. It makes sense for him to put contract talks on hold so he can lift his value by playing well this season.

Exactly, bloke has come off an injury plagued season; he'd back himself to play 6-8 weeks of good footy early in the season and maximize a long term deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everyone here is so lucky i found out only today TBC was supposedly on 700K (!)
If this is true, I am locking him into supercoach, because he will surely play most of the year?!

Bold - so what The Age is reporting is wrong? Talks have started? What a stupid contradictory paragraph.

everyone here is so lucky i found out only today TBC was supposedly on 700K (!)
Apparently he's worth $700k, not that he's currently on $700k. Incidentally, he would be worth more to us given our current ruck situation so you'd think we might have to pay overs.

Ryder is a better kick for goal, better tap ruckman, has better movement around the ground, is a lot better on the lead, better below his knees and is a better kick.

Bellchambers is a better contested mark.

Ryder leaving us will hurt. Anyone saying differently is just lying to themselves.

With Ryder gone i'm hoping he grabs the 1# ruck spot with two hands.

How do Bellchambers and the Club negotiate a deal at the moment? It wouldn't be based on much that is tangible.

2014 was a total write off because of injury (and injury related form issues).

While Bellchambers was our leading goal kicker in 2013, he's never really put it together in the middle of the ground and this year we're looking at him to carry the ruck load. I'd like some idea of what that is going to look like before we commit to the sort of money that he is going to cost.

It may be that by round 12 he is not going to be viewed as the player we thought he was. It may be that before the half way point he's dominating the competition and is worth the sort of money he wants. Ultimately he has the negotiating power but that is just the hand we've been dealt (because of the injuries, loss of Ryder, etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back