Past Troy Menzel

Remove this Banner Ad

You can see Menzel putting on a clinic after a full pre-season. Led Pears a merry dance before fading out of the game and losing a few contests in the last quarter.

It might be just his marking and strength one out, but he reminds me more of Bartel than Steve Johnson. Hope we see more of the X factor that saw Menzel compared to Johnson.
No vision of him breakdancing at the final siren of the elim final? :(
I had to squeeze in some Yarran. :oops::cool:
Awesome work!
Awesome is Yarran loading up from inside the centre square with a kick that went 60 to 65 metres.

Daniel who?

You can see Menzel putting on a clinic after a full pre-season. Led Pears a merry dance before fading out of the game and losing a few contests in the last quarter.

It might be just his marking and strength one out, but he reminds me more of Bartel than Steve Johnson. Hope we see more of the X factor that saw Menzel compared to Johnson.

I had to squeeze in some Yarran. :oops::cool:

Awesome is Yarran loading up from inside the centre square with a kick that went 60 to 65 metres.

Daniel who?
Like the Bartel comparison too. Likes to tackle more than Stevie J and better overhead. Johnson has become a very good midfielder though...we can only hope the same happens with Troy.

Troy will have to work very hard on his fitness and get some substantial midfield time if he doesn't want a midfielder to take the spot Betts left open.

AFL captains pick Hawthorn, Fremantle, Sydney as likely grand finalists
Who do you think will win the 2014 Rising Star?

Jack Martin (Gold Coast, 7 votes), James Aish (Brisbane Lions, 2), Jack Billings (St Kilda, 2), Joe Daniher (Essendon, 2), Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs, 1), Harry Cunningham (Sydney, 1), Brodie Grundy (Collingwood, 1), Josh Kelly (Greater Western Sydney, 1), Luke McDonald (North Melbourne, 1)
AFL captains pick Hawthorn, Fremantle, Sydney as likely grand finalists

No votes for Menzel who could have a greater impact as a second year forward/mid.

Wonder if Martin will win to promote the Suns and the AFL...

Last edited:
I like to see Menzel kick a bag of 4 or 5 to really kick start and establish himself into the side.. I know hes only played a handful of games. It would be good to see and get excited about.

I like to see Menzel kick a bag of 4 or 5 to really kick start and establish himself into the side.. I know hes only played a handful of games. It would be good to see and get excited about.
The kid can already slot a couple of goals a game, while showing us some of his magic and slick touch.

Not sure how anyone, couldn't be excited about him already.

The kid can already slot a couple of goals a game, while showing us some of his magic and slick touch.

Because Carlton have no kids. Seriously - get with the program.

Because Carlton have no kids. Seriously - get with the program.

He is doing well however he has the potential to kick a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2014.04.24%20-%20Inside%20Football%20-%20Blue%20Diamond%20-%20Troy%20Menzel.png

Fitness issues aside, he's too good a footballer to spend most of the game with the green vest.

Menz was excellent last night. Very dangerous in front of goal with both feet and can have an impact further up the ground also.

Play him from the opening bounce and he'll show his talents. He'll be a nightmare for clubs in a few years.

He's also a very good kick and when he's slotting goals instead of another player missing easy shots he's reinforcing the good work of the mids etc and keeping confidence up.

God I wish he'd kicked those last 2. But nonetheless the kid is just a joy to watch.

Sign now long term. Couldn't give a dam about his knee, it's been 4+ years since LARS.

If King is giving Menz praise, you know he's the real deal (not that we didn't know that already).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back