Delisted Daniel Pearce (#962)

Name: Daniel Pearce
Position: Midfielder
Height: 180cm
Weight: 78Kg

Had an outstanding disposal efficiency of 73 per cent over 20 TAC Cup matches this year.

pearce_246a.jpg

Re: Daniel Pearce - Pick #49

From the main discussion thread

PEARCE BIO (afl.com.au)

Athletic midfielder with terrific natural leap and marking ability. He can play in a range of positions and had an excellent year with the Chargers finishing 4th in the best and fairest. he has a basketball background with Bulleen Boomers, which has helped develop his decision-making and clean ball-handling.

Daniel Pearce
Dalrymple says: "He's from the Oakleigh Chargers, and he's a player we've really liked since halfway through the year. He's very versatile, can play small, back, inside mid, wing and forward, and he's got a really good vertical leap. He's one that flew under the radar in terms of the other high-profile Oakleigh boys and he's got a bit of rawness but his versatility and leap reminds me of a smaller version of Easton Wood."

Good to hear he has a high DE%. Smith and Talia are not so promising in that regard.

Let's just give him some time and see if he can win the pill on the ground. It's nice that he's a good mark but at his height (181cm) winning the ground ball and reading the play is going to be more important.

Not unhappy with this selection. Could become one of the outside players that everyone seems to think we need. Anyone know what his endurance and speed are like?

Gus

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star
Sep 12, 2008
Naracoorte
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, Memphis Grizzlies, Bengals

Being a smallish basketballer you'd think his pace would be alright. Especially over the first 10 or so metres.

Footscrazy

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Being a smallish basketballer you'd think his pace would be alright. Especially over the first 10 or so metres.

This would also suggest he has an ability to evade and get past defenders, which is very important being a small bballer.

This would also suggest he has an ability to evade and get past defenders, which is very important being a small bballer.
100% agreed
i play basketball and i'm only 6f
They teach us to evade more then full sprint, since then would allow for easier decisions when passing or shooting instead of just running in and getting blocked which could hinder someones confidence.

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks

100% agreed
i play basketball and i'm only 6f
They teach us to evade more then full sprint, since then would allow for easier decisions when passing or shooting instead of just running in and getting blocked which could hinder someones confidence.

plus have better vision and anticipation

Gus

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star
Sep 12, 2008
Naracoorte
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, Memphis Grizzlies, Bengals

His highlights are on the Dogs website.

Seems pretty agile, good decision maker and decent kick. Good mark of the ball too.

Looks OK and would fit the outside role that many are crying out for. Nice use of body in the mark.
Seems a reasonable kick ... and quernsey #14 happens to be free.

Gghippo

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Welcome aboard DP - all the best to your future as a Dog.

Reading the comments sounds like we've already got a massive improvement on Josh Hill.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown

Has a highlights video up on their website. Offers a lot to work with and looks like he has decent vision and a good long kick.

From the little I know about him, from what I'm hearing, he could be a good replacement for Harbrow, who we clearly missed in 2011. Good evasive skills, good awareness and good disposal efficiency who can run and carry the ball.

Sounds like a good option to me.

Obviously I hope the lad becomes a handy footballer, but I really like the fact that he's got another string to his bow in musical theatre! Break a leg, young fella- but not on the footy field!

Dukes Of Hurley

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2011
Melborune
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey guys,
Im from the upcoming AFL radio show, Bound For Glory, run by myself and a few other people on bigfooty.

I used to go to school with Danny Pearce and on the first podcast (March the 24th) ill be interviewing him. Ive played with him and seen him play numerous times, so I can provide some quality insight into his game.

Make sure you listen in- We're on 90.7 SYN fm in Melbourne, and our show will be available for download on the syn website

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bound-for-Glory/315551225159944
Be sure to like our page, tune in and support fellow bigfooty posters!

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Will be looking forward to the interview as, since he dominated for Williamstown last week, I'd like to learn more about the young bloke.

Dukes Of Hurley

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2011
Melborune
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be looking forward to the interview as, since he dominated for Williamstown last week, I'd like to learn more about the young bloke.

good to hear he's doing well in the ressies. I was really hoping he'd get a nab cup game.

I can tell you that his vertical leap is astounding. I played against him last year in the school basketball tryouts, and im a pretty tall guy with a decent leap (190 cms) even though i have 10cms on him, he easily outrebounded me.

He can play in a variety of positions. Personally i think he's best as a midfielder. He's solid as a rock already and holds his own in the clearances. But seeing as the dogs already have a number of quality inside mids, his fantastic kicking and decision making can make him a dangerous outside midfielder as well.

Wouldnt be suprised if he started as a half back or forward pocket though

One of the non-footy qualities that he posses, which impressed me is he wears his heart on his sleeve. In interschool footy in 2009, our school was coping a thrashing, and the other team started trash talking. we were missing a number of our best year 10's because of work experience. Danny decided to play, along with jake hammond. Some of the guys on the other team started talking s**t and getting into our players, just being generally nasty and cocky. Danny stood up to a few of the guys who tried to start a fight with one of the younger guys, and made his presence felt against 4-5 guys without being too reckless. The blokes a natural leader who cares about his team mates

Back