Past #20: Drew Petrie - NM '01-'16 (324gms/428gls) - WCE '17 (8gms/16gls) - thx for everything Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's an interesting stat, the Freo game was the first game Drew went goalless since round 5 2014. That was 27 games in a row where he kicked at least 1 goal.

Here's an interesting stat, the Freo game was the first game Drew went goalless since round 5 2014. That was 27 games in a row where he kicked at least 1 goal.

Shouldn't have been though should he. Actually had a good game, should have been a great one though.

Do we want to discuss the Elephant in the room? By that I mean Drew's confidence is kicking a set shot goal.

It’s a bloody tragedy.

His form has been great for the last 3-4 weeks. But just atrocious when it comes to set shots and at the end of the day he’s a KPF. Has to kick more of those than he misses.

I recall Drew missing 3 set shots in the first half yesterday. All inside 50. On a slight angle. And he couldnt nail not one.

That kept the Pies in the game.

And it deflates the whole team.

You cant have that from one of your "leaders".

The best thing he can do is retire at the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the steeplechaser from Geelong doing so well, the role of the tall utility is in vogue again. And Drew always looks impressive when he is up the ground. I think at the very least he should be mixing it up between CHF and being a mobile tall utility, which includes dropping back to stop opposition run ons as a Plan A, Clause 2 (noting that a Plan B doesn't exist). His field kicking is usually much better than his goal kicking, so would surely help his confidence too.

He'd be up there with Goldy & Ziebell in the B&F at the moment.
It's like there's two of the big fella running around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back