Opinion 2004 Premiership Reunion - your predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok the premiership reunion is on tonight at the Intercontinental. Because of the slow take up in tickets most of us diehards are broke after a big finals series including expensive trip to Perth and forking out $170 or more for the B&F, they got 1,200 attend, the club keep it a small affair mainly for players, partners and officials.

Now Ladey was on 5AA and talked about the show. Dillion asked him who will win the Norm Smith tonight for best performance - I assume drinking and fun and he predicted Roger James or one of the ingenious boys.

He was asked if there was going to be any highlights and he reckons Choco has put something together so it will probably be about 4 hours long.

So for a bit of fun, seeing as none of us can go, what do you reckon might happen. I'll make 2 predictions

1. Choco attempts to get someone, or all of the Rolling Stones - who are staying at the Intercontinental - to join him on stage to belt out a Stones classic.

2. Byron is going to recreate his 4 bounce run late into the evening. Just like 10 years ago, none will catch him or stop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a sensational photo.

I really hope our current group get to experience something this one day. I also love the fact that so much can happen (Cornes boys issues, the whole Burgoyne saga, Pickett traded out, Choco's downfall at the helm, the circumstances under which Lade called it a day, guys going on to coach at other clubs etc.), but everyone will forever be connected and be able to come together to reminisce about their achievement.

It's sad that blokes like Aker and Bradshaw at the Lions still hold such bitterness at the way things went down - not being able to put the past behind them. I hope for their sake that one day it will all be smoothed over.

It's sad that blokes like Aker and Bradshaw at the Lions still hold such bitterness at the way things went down - not being able to put the past behind them. I hope for their sake that one day it will all be smoothed over.

What were they bitter about? As far as I know no-one got stuck into them. I remember that mild controversy with Aker where he had a free kick reversed when he pushed Hardwick in the neck and Hardwick went down like a sack of spuds. But what did Bradshaw have to be p'd off at?

What were they bitter about? As far as I know no-one got stuck into them. I remember that mild controversy with Aker where he had a free kick reversed when he pushed Hardwick in the neck and Hardwick went down like a sack of spuds. But what did Bradshaw have to be p'd off at?

Are you taking the piss and forgot the smiley or did you completely misunderatand that post?

Are you taking the piss and forgot the smiley or did you completely misunderatand that post?
I was asking a serious question. I know both had issues with the club, Aker with Matthews and Bradshaw with his transfer out when the Lions wanted Fevola.
If I misunderstood the post then what was it about?

Interesting that Burgoyne and Kornes are the 2 players left standing.

Not really given they were the two youngest in the team ;)

Hopefully a few stories from the night emerge over the coming days!

Last edited:
getimage.aspx

What a sensational photo.

I really hope our current group get to experience something this one day. I also love the fact that so much can happen (Cornes boys issues, the whole Burgoyne saga, Pickett traded out, Choco's downfall at the helm, the circumstances under which Lade called it a day, guys going on to coach at other clubs etc.), but everyone will forever be connected and be able to come together to reminisce about their achievement.

I hope our current group get to experience it 49 weeks from today, with Ryder to send a cheerio to James Hird as he's collecting his premiership medallion!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back