Remove this Banner Ad

HurleyTheFuture

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Felt like putting up a new thread for discussion
The off-season is getting really really boring so I thought I'd put this up, also I have probably missed very obvious selections so be aware of that

This is who I rate, on current output and potential
2008-

1.Michael Hurley
2.Nic Natanui
3.Luke Shuey
4.Jack Ziebell
5.Chris Yarran
6.Steel Sidebottom
7.Daniel Rich
8.Liam Shiels
9.Jack Redden
10.Tyrone Vickery

2009-

1. Dustin Martin
2. Nathan Fyfe
3. Tom Scully
4. Jack Trengove
5. John Butcher
6. Sam Reid
7. Gary Rohan
8. Ryan Bastinac
9. Jake Melksham
10. Anthony Morabito

2010 -
1. David Swallow
2. Dyson Heppell
3. Andrew Gaff
4. Harley Bennell
5. Jarred Polec
6. Jack Darling
7. Sam Day
8. Dion Prestia
9. Thomas Lynch
10. Issac Smith

Dont consider 2010 that much due to the limited amount we have seen

Also the reason this isnt in the list section is because well lets be honest nobody really goes there

The off-season is getting really really boring so I thought I'd put this up, also I have probably missed very obvious selections so be aware of that

2008-

1.Michael Hurley
2.Nic Natanui
3.Luke Shuey
4.Jack Ziebell
5.Chris Yarran
6.Steel Sidebottom
7.Daniel Rich
8.Liam Shiels
9.Jack Redden
10.Jack Watts

2009-

1. Dustin Martin
2. Nathan Fyfe
3. Tom Scully
4. Jack Trengove
5. John Butcher
6. Sam Reid
7. Gary Rohan
8. Ryan Bastinac
9. Jake Melksham
10. Allen Christensen

2010 -
1. David Swallow
2. Dyson Heppell
3. Andrew Gaff
4. Harley Bennell
5. Jarred Polec
6. Jack Darling
7. Sam Day
8. Dion Prestia
9. Thomas Lynch
10. Reece Conca/Shaun Atley

Dont consider 2010 that much due to the limited amount we have seen

Also the reason this isnt in the list section is because well lets be honest nobody really goes there

1. You're wrong.
2. Who are you?

2008-

1.Michael Hurley
2.Nic Natanui
3.Luke Shuey
4.Jack Ziebell
5.Chris Yarran
6.Steel Sidebottom
7.Daniel Rich
8.Liam Shiels
9.Jack Redden
10.Jack Watts

1.Michael Hurley - Swap with Nic
2.Nic Natanui - Should be 1
3.Luke Shuey - Has played one season of decent football way too high reminds me of Higgins and Clarke better than Pendles and Murphy after they had one good year.
4.Jack Ziebell - Others have done alot more due to injury. Hartlett has already done way more as a injury plagued player
5.Chris Yarran - Once again one good season
6.Steel Sidebottom - Not even the best player Collingwood took in that draft. Beams has done alot more, has excelled in GF's though.
7.Daniel Rich - Great first season average the rest.
8.Liam Shiels - See Luke Shuey
9.Jack Redden - Had a brilliant year last year would have him ahead of Rich
10.Jack Watts - Hopefully this year we see the best of him

Surely any non Essendon supporter would rate Nic Nat #1 without a moments hesitation.
Most rational Essendon supporters as well

1.Nic Natanui
2.Luke Shuey
3.Chris Yarran
4.Michael Hurley
5.Daniel Rich
6.Phil Davis
7.Hamish Hartlett
8.Jack Ziebell
9.Stephen Hill
10.Hayden Ballantyne

2009-

1. Nathan Fyfe
2. John Butcher
3. Dustin Martin
4. Jack Trengove
5. Tom Scully
6. Gary Rohan
7. Sam Reid
8. Anthony Morabito
9. Ben Stratton
10. Daniel Menzel

2010 -
1. David Swallow
2. Harley Bennell
3. Andrew Gaff
4. Jack Darling
5. Sam Day
6. Dyson heppell
7. Alex Fasolo
8. Reece Conca
9. Scott Lycett
10. Paul Puopolo

I"ve no doubt missed about 3-4 guys, feel free to call me a one eyed supporter, a *ed for forgetting them

Libba should be in top ten, 6-10 range.

Always a fantastic reason for just bunging a thread wherever you feel like.

What happened to the Stephen Hill love? He used to be a lovechild of these boards.

Replaced with Gary Rohan, by the looks of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think in time Ziebell will be right up there but he has been severely restricted due to injuries, although last year he stepped up in the second half of the season.

You would have to say in terms of achievement Sidebottom has done more than most in that year.

For the same reasons you would have to push Martin/Trengove higher in the 09 group than Butcher.

That is not to say that the others wont continue to change as they rack up more games.

I know that you're a dons fan etc but honestly why do you bother starting a thread like this with such bias, belongs in the bay
Gee calm down, its just an opinion and I would take Hurley at 1 and I'm sure others would take Nic Nat before him, I know a few people who would take Hurley at 1 too.

FWIW I pity the people who spend most of their time on the bay

Still physically unable to cope with the game unfortunatly, he'll bloom at 23-24

Has played 67 games in 3 seasons so pretty harsh to say he is physically unable to cope with game. I stand corrected but I think he has played more games than anyone else from that draft. Yes he needs to learn to cope with taggers better but in reality which young player doesnt? (the rare ones that are heavily tagged)
He is the first player tagged each week at Freo and even with Mundy, Barlow and Morabito to come in and hopefully play close to full seasons he will still be first tagged just because of the influence he can have on a game with limited possessions.
Just because he didnt set the world on fire last year (he was still pretty handy though), too many are well and truly writing him off (mainly BF experts :rolleyes:) but I can guarantee opposition teams/coaches will still be putting more time /effort into stopping him than any other Freo player.
Hill is seriously under rated by many

2010 -
1. David Swallow
2. Dyson Heppell
3. Andrew Gaff
4. Harley Bennell
5. Jarred Polec
6. Jack Darling
7. Sam Day
8. Dion Prestia
9. Thomas Lynch
10. Reece Conca/Shaun Atley

I love it how Polec doesn't play a game yet doesn't drop any spots yet Conca apparently drops 4 spots for a good debut season. :confused::eek:

Walk me through that logic. Not sure how Day or Bennell had better seasons either.

2009-

1. Nathan Fyfe
2. John Butcher
3. Dustin Martin

4. Jack Trengove
5. Tom Scully
6. Gary Rohan
7. Sam Reid
8. Anthony Morabito
9. Ben Stratton
10. Daniel Menzel

lol what?

I love it how Polec doesn't play a game yet doesn't drop any spots yet Conca apparently drops 4 spots for a good debut season. :confused::eek:

Walk me through that logic. Not sure how Day or Bennell had better seasons either.

lol what?
From what I've seen of Polec I really liked him and thats why hes there, the reason Conca is at 10 is because I think that others have more scope for improvement, I also rated Conca around 15th(prior to the draft) in that draft as well

Happy to be proven wrong and I hope he becomes a good player

Surely any non Essendon supporter would rate Nic Nat #1 without a moments hesitation.

I'm unconvinced as to the height of Nat's ceiling. People seem to think it is astronomical. But I still see a burst player with excellent athleticism and tap work who struggles to consistently influence contests around the ground. When he gets it right it is spectacular, but when he doesn't you don't know because he was never near it.

Personally I think the following will have better careers:

Hurley
Yarran
Ziebell
Hartlett
Hill

Pretty much just because they have a better understanding of the game.

------------
1. Nic Nat
2. Hurley
3. Hartlett
4. Shuey
5. Redden
6. Yarran
7. Rich
8. Hill
9. Ziebull
10. Vickery
-----------
-----------
1. Martin
2. Fyfe
3. Trengove
4. Scully
5. Melksham
6. Carlisle
7. Christensen
8. Bastinac
9. Menzel
10. Butcher
-----------
-----------
1. Heppell
2. Swallow
3. Gaff
4. Fasolo
5. Darling
6. Puopolo
7. Smith
8. Atley
9. Karnezis
10. Howe

Has played 67 games in 3 seasons so pretty harsh to say he is physically unable to cope with game. I stand corrected but I think he has played more games than anyone else from that draft. Yes he needs to learn to cope with taggers better but in reality which young player doesnt? (the rare ones that are heavily tagged)
He is the first player tagged each week at Freo and even with Mundy, Barlow and Morabito to come in and hopefully play close to full seasons he will still be first tagged just because of the influence he can have on a game with limited possessions.
Just because he didnt set the world on fire last year (he was still pretty handy though), too many are well and truly writing him off (mainly BF experts :rolleyes:) but I can guarantee opposition teams/coaches will still be putting more time /effort into stopping him than any other Freo player.
Hill is seriously under rated by many
The reason he is first tagged is because they know it is gauranteed to nullify him. Others like Mundy or Barlow will be able to break the tag on occasion. The fact that he has played the most of that draft and isnt in the top 10 isnt a good thing either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back