2008 draft how it would be today

askdotcom

All Australian
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I know this has been done before but seeing as most of these players are coming into their prime about know how would you chose it?

Would you take the AA ruck men Nic Nat, with huge upside especially when most ruck men dont start coming into their prime until their latter years.

Or would you take one of the hard proven midfielders like Sloane or Rockliff?

Or would you like that pace of hill?

Who would be in your first round?

Last edited:
Who would be in you first?
if-you-know-what-i-mean-127.png

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know this has been done before but seeing as most of these players are coming into their prime about know how would you chose it?

Would you take the AA ruck men Nic Nat, with huge upside especially when most ruck men dont start coming into their prime until their latter years.

Or would you take one of the hard proven midfielders like Sloane or Rockliff?

Or would you like that pace of hill?

Who would be in you first round?
Would still take Hill at 3.

Who would you have in front of him?

Hannebery, beams, Rockliff & NicNat are AA players

None of those suit Freo- they need and needed outside speed.

Irrelevant, Hill is far more damaging then any of the players you listed.
Bullshit.

Beams, Hannerbury & Rockliff are all arguably top 10 midfielders. All are both more damaging and consistent than Hill

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Bullshit.

Beams, Hannerbury & Rockliff are all arguably top 10 midfielders. All are both more damaging and consistent than Hill
work out who gets the tags more to let you know who is the most damaging.

work out who gets the tags more to let you know who is the most damaging.
You do realise that all 4 play for different teams, right?

They tag the outside runners as they can nullify their damage a hell of a lot easier than the inside guns, has nothing to do with being more damaging.

You can easily tag Hill and reduce his impact from 100% to 50%, but even if you apply a good tag against beams, Rockliff and Hannerbury they will perform at 75%-80%

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bullshit.

Lol no they aren't. Hill is the most damaging player in our side, he is one of the best kicks in the league. I would take 15 of his touches over 40 of rockliffs any day of the week.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
You do realise that all 4 play for different teams, right?

They tag the outside runners as they can nullify their damage a hell of a lot easier than the inside guns, has nothing to do with being more damaging.

You can easily tag Hill and reduce his impact from 100% to 50%, but even if you apply a good tag against beams, Rockliff and Hannerbury they will perform at 75%-80%
Outside players are generally more damaging then inside players. Hills kicking skills both for goal or inside 50 make him a more damaging player. Why would someone tag Rockliff when he doesn't hurt the opponent on the scoreboard ?

george2

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would definitely have Beams over Hill. Beams is a best and fairest winner, All Australian? (not sure) and a premiership player. I would probably have Rockliff and Hannerbery pretty close to Hill though. But as it has been pointed out I don't think Hanerbery has been tagged often because of the abundance of great midfielders in the Sydney team and probably had a little bit of an off season this year compared to his 2013 year.

askdotcom

All Australian
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Outside players are generally more damaging then inside players. Hills kicking skills both for goal or inside 50 make him a more damaging player. Why would someone tag Rockliff when he doesn't hurt the opponent on the scoreboard ?
i dont think you would find many people who would take hill over Rockliff (other then Fremantle suporters)... it isn't all about who's more damaging it is about who does their role better.

askdotcom

All Australian
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I would definitely have Beams over Hill. Beams is a best and fairest winner, All Australian? (not sure) and a premiership player. I would probably have Rockliff and Hannerbery pretty close to Hill though. But as it has been pointed out I don't think Hanerbery has been tagged often because of the abundance of great midfielders in the Sydney team and probably had a little bit of an off season this year compared to his 2013 year.
Yes Beams was all Australian in 2012.

Then why hasn't he ever been mentioned in AA calculations while the other 3 have?
The other 3 have been considered brownlow medal chances as well, has Hill? No

Back