2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

fan09

Debutant
Mar 18, 2009
warrnambool
AFL Club
Collingwood
whoever grabs 4th and 5th are just making up the numbers........even the teams that grab those spots must know that!!!...power on the reid oval on a DRY day would nearly beat anyone...

esam medal tips????.............

Verbati

Rookie
Mar 22, 2009
by the sea
AFL Club
Sydney
dennington and power was a pretty good game although powers skills were down early dennington really should of won by more..
brad johnson frm power very under rated player he and fraser almost pulled power right back into the game between them..
i havent seen much of these 2 teams this year but i think they are both just out of timboons reach but who knows timboon always come good this time of year....

esam medal really to hard to call who knows what these umpires think sometimes. but nath murthy or thompson from timboon but i could also be along way off the money

fan09

Debutant
Mar 18, 2009
warrnambool
AFL Club
Collingwood
talking to a cpl of umps the other day and they said that people forget that they r making split decisions for 2 and a half hours when umpiring and only call it as they see it and that they stand by the votes they give cos they are there amongst it ....anyway thats what i was told so i wont argue too much!!..come on gotta be a darkie for the medal....murphy to poll well early then fade.....oh well, i got no idea then

supporter1

Rookie
Jul 7, 2008
warrnambool
AFL Club
Richmond
talking to a cpl of umps the other day and they said that people forget that they r making split decisions for 2 and a half hours when umpiring and only call it as they see it and that they stand by the votes they give cos they are there amongst it ....anyway thats what i was told so i wont argue too much!!..come on gotta be a darkie for the medal....murphy to poll well early then fade.....oh well, i got no idea then

Ben Parkinson from Dennington for the Esam, he had an outstanding year!

Gball

Draftee
Aug 11, 2009
walter oval
AFL Club
Essendon
good luck to the rovers teams this weekend
and hopefully my old mate murph does the trick on esam night. if he doesnt win i reckon schrama will.

newman09

Debutant
Mar 8, 2009
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh 'team of year' a waste of time, but a feather in your cap. I am sure the players who made it from teams already finished would gladly give it up for another game this year.
Get back to footy boys - demons in strife with injuries. Rylance and clements may not play this week and rumours have it that wagstaff and sholl will not play again. I hope not as they could really serve it up to the other two if they have full side. Back to back still a big chance. Everyone has written them off, but they have the experience. A lot rides on wagstaff. He will give it a crack (sometime throughout finals) but could do the string again early.
Dogs almost at full strength but I am starting to agree with others that coach maybe the one who should miss out - having said that he will prob kick 5 this week and win the game for them, so tough call.
Power - rolling along but have heard whitehead may not play again this year. That would be devasting for him after last year. Bourke will be back. Is the wek off a good thing?????
Panmure and creek. Could go either way. If creek get up and running then they will leave the dogs for dead, but beware of the dogs superstars. They have a few and if they get going then they will win.

I reckon there will be a draw sometime throughout the finals!!!

fan09

Debutant
Mar 18, 2009
warrnambool
AFL Club
Collingwood
any playing coach in any finals series is always going to play no matter what. the only thing that would stop the dogs coach playing would be if he was injured. timboon for me are GONE and panmure should account for creek quite easily. dennington just but margins dont count in finals..as long as u are in front when the siren goes is all that matters!!....then we head to the friendlies the following week!!!! 1 more bit of news....pocket to pocket of the northern end of the reid oval wll be a "dry" area ...

newman09

Debutant
Mar 8, 2009
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Beware writing the dees off. Nearly beat them last time with a worse team in. Not saying they can win but wouldnt be surprised if they did. Got freakish players such as rylance and thompson - who on their day are unstoppable.
Weather not good so dogs come right back to pack.

fan09

Debutant
Mar 18, 2009
warrnambool
AFL Club
Collingwood
timboon stole defeat from the jaws of victory.......had to leave early in the third qtr for other reasons but punched the air when i saw the result!!!!!!!!!.panmure to win the elim then beat timboon....................the dogs only played 1 quarter and won..

newman09

Debutant
Mar 8, 2009
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey fan09, what you got against timboon if anything they have flown under the radar and upset nobody. they can beat the dogs but now have to get over panmure which will be hard enough. unbelievable to see saturdays game last quarter!!
interesting to see both schrama boys play down back against creek. they got some younger quicker players this year so get ready for a closer final than last year.
i reckon the dees will get another chance at the dogs in the prelim, but a panmure and kolora prelim would be a cracker of a game with no love lost between two sides.

fan09

Debutant
Mar 18, 2009
warrnambool
AFL Club
Collingwood
i got nothing against timboon whatsoever but i think panmure can upset them at the friendlies next week....dennington only played 1 qtr and won.....both games at friendlies next week....heres a tip...murphy from rovers and bourke from the power dont win the medal..the 2 leading goal kickers of the year dont either.......

newman09

Debutant
Mar 8, 2009
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh - clear as crystal. Dont hear of too many people 'pumping their fists' when they hear a result!!! But anyway, fan09 wrote it for a reason. I am sure he really wishes them well this week. Three (maybe four if you class dennington) out of town teams left in finals again. Warrnambool based teams may have to get used to it.

Verbati

Rookie
Mar 22, 2009
by the sea
AFL Club
Sydney
yer good to see out of warrnambool teams involved in the finals... seen timboon and dogs play on saturday nad dennington some how stole it.. timboon went very flat in the last. now for some reason i think panmure can beat timboon but surely not?
dennington coaCh thornton i also think he should just coach from sidelines im sure the power this week will be hopin blackberry is right he would just run off him all day..

ktm_306

Rookie
May 27, 2008
Koroit
AFL Club
Gold Coast
panmure should be able to beat timboon when they have a full side and now they have a little momentum and timboon still stunned as to how they lost on saturday can see panmure getting up looking forward to see how the next few weeks unfold!

fan09

Debutant
Mar 18, 2009
warrnambool
AFL Club
Collingwood
well done to madden.......but u play to win a flag and anything else u win during the year is a bonus...thompson obviously had a good year and i think he was the smokey..well done to him!!! friendlies i think makes this weeks game a toss of the coin...i hear dennington has a full list to pick from..anyone know how other sides are travelling injury wise??....this idea of "warrnambool" sides and "out of warrnambool sides" is a rivalry that doesnt reaaly exist at all!!...someone once suggested to me that umpires look after warrnambool teams!!!wot a heap of s**t that idea is!!!...the flag is won by the best side on the day..no excuses like the weather or ump decisions or wotever.............by the way i pumped my fist cos dennington won not timboon losing

members

Debutant
Apr 18, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Well done to luke madden...very well deserved great player and bloke....went under the radar this year with some of there recruits and i hope the power win the flag for him and then he comes back and plays in the hampden for a couple of years..definately good enough....wouldnt suprise me if dennington won this week..i think the power will play some players who are under done like craven and whithead and blackberry but in sayin that these three are pretty critical..i think timboon will easily account for panmure unless one of the schrama's kick a bag but its good that the best 4 teams are still in the race!

newman09

Debutant
Mar 8, 2009
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Umpires couldnt care less what sides are playin. If you blame the umps then u r kiddin urself. However this rivilary between warr and outer is real and is great for the comp. Believe me when I say the warr based teams love nothing better than to beat them. Funny enough the outer teams love nothing better than to beat each other, so its great all round.
Madden - honest winner, unlike last year (not steely fault). Madden - A quality player and bloke to win the medal.
Friendlies will help panmure and maybe the dogs, but if timboon can get a couple back (wagstaff will be rite) then I think the games will go the way of timboon and the power.
Timboon to upset dogs next week and look out for the rematch. Power to win that one in a dogged game, although dees have edge over them after last year. BUT who knows.

Back