Fantasy 2010 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the selection thread, take comments to the other one...

Rich (BB code):

Round 1
1. St. Louis - Larkis - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2. Detroit - Sven - Russell Okung, OT , Oklahoma St.
3. Tampa Bay- superfreak - Gerald McCoy, DT , Oklahoma
4. Washington-  Chadwiko - Jimmy Clausen, QB , Notre Dame
5. Kansas City- Fuey - Eric Berry, S , Tennessee
6. Seattle - Nappies - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
7. Cleveland- Chris25 - Joe Haden, CB , Florida
8. Oakland- Apex - Bruce Cambell, OT , Maryland
9. Buffalo- Neddy - Bryan Bulaga, OT , Iowa
10. Jacksonville- Oscarman - Derrick Morgan, DE , Georgia Tech.
11. Denver (from Chicago)- TCol - Rolando McClain, ILB , Alabama
12. Miami - Stiza007 - Dez Bryant WR , Oklahoma St.
13. San Francisco - Brasher - Trent Williams, OT , Oklahoma
14. Seattle - from Denver- Nappies - CJ Spiller, HB , Clemson
15. New York Giants - Zarko - Sean Weathspoon, OLB , Missouri
16. Tennessee- Nappies - Sergio Kindle, DE/LB , Texas
17. San Francisco (from Carolina)-  Brasher - Mike Iupati, G , Idaho
18. Pittsburgh- Woodson - Maurkice Pouncey, G/C , Florida
19. Atlanta- Geecats - Brandon Graham, DE , Michigan
20. Houston- TGBB - Dan Williams, DT , Tennessee
21. Cincinnati- Fuey - Earl Thomas, CB/S , Texas
22. New England- _shifty_ - Jared Odrick, DT/DE , Penn St.
23. Green Bay- Shiny_on_top- Anthony Davis, OT , Rutgers
24. Philadelphia- Juddy_like - Taylor Mays,  S , USC
25. Baltimore- DB10 - Kyle Wilson, CB , Boise St.
26. Arizona- WIzard - Ricky Sapp, OLB , Clemson
27. Dallas- Catters078- Charles Brown, OT , USC
28. San Diego - Catters078- Terrence Cody, NT , Alabama
29. New York Jets - wce_all_da_way- Demaryius Thomas, WR , Georgia Tech.
30. Minnesota - Sven- Jahvid Best, RB , California
31. Indianapolis- Middy- Brian Price, DL , UCLA
32. New Orleans- Sven- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE , South FLorida

Round 2
1. (33) St. Louis- Larkis- Colt McCoy, QB , Texas
2. (34)Detroit - Sven- Devin McCourty, CB , Rutgers
3. (35)Tampa Bay- superfreak- Golden Tate, WR , Notre Dame
4. (36)Kansas City- Fuey - Brandon Spikes, ILB , Florida
5. (37)Washington-  Chadwiko
6. (38)Cleveland- Chris25
7. (39)Oakland- Apex
8. (40)San Diego (from Seattle)- Catters078
9. (41)Buffalo- Neddy
10. (42)Tampa Bay (from Chicago)- superfreak
11. (43)Miami - Stiza007
12. (44)New England (from Jacksonville) -  _shifty_
13. (45)Denver - TCol
14. (46)New York Giants - Zarko
15. (47)New England (from Tennessee) -  _shifty_
16. (48)Carolina - Fuey
17. (49)San Francisco - Brasher
18. (50)Kansas City- Fuey
19. (51)Houston- TGBB
20. (52)Pittsburgh- Woodson
21. (53)New England- _shifty_
22. (54)Cincinnati- Fuey
23. (55)Philadelphia- Juddy_like
24. (56)Green Bay- Shiny_on_top
25. (57) Baltimore- DB10
26. (58)Arizona- WIzard
27. (59) Dallas- Catters078
28. (60)Seattle (from San Diego)- Nappies
29. (61)New York Jets - wce_all_da_way
30. (62)Minnesota - Sven
31. (63)Indianapolis- Middy
32. (64)New Orleans- ***Fuey***
Larkis said:
Going to fight the trend here and pick ....

NDAMUKONG SUH, DT, NEBRASKA

This guy dominated college and will be ready to dominate the NFL. There isn't a player that has impacted the NCAA on defence for decades like Suh has. A strong combine performance further solidified this. Sure, a franchise QB will be great and will contribute a lot to the team. However I am banking on the Rams trading for an experienced QB and developing the defence.

Yes, I know - I'm not following or believing the reports that the Rams are going to draft Bradford. How can you let Suh past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2010 BF NFL Mock Draft (Selection thread)

There's been a lot of discussion about Suh and McCoy being taken at the top of the draft, and recently a number of people have started to look at what kind of a precedence this might actually be. I don't buy into the "take the best player available" at the top of the draft because the teams at the top of the draft have the ability to take the best player available at a particular position that will fill a hole.

To me the path to Detroit success is to draft a franchise QB (already done last draft) and then to protect him with a franchise LT and for that reason the Lions select:

RUSSELL OKUNG, OT, OKLAHOMA STATE

The good news for Okung is that he can start at RT, with Cherilus moving to LT...

Sorry I'm late lads!

Damn you Larkis!

Anyway......it's no secret that the Bucs need help on both sides of the ball and with three picks in the opening two rounds, we are in a good position to start rebuilding our squad through the draft.
When it comes down to who to select at pick 3, a few players are in the mix. Gerald McCoy, Dez Bryant, Eric Berry.
With the addition of Sean Jones last week, the need for Berry probably isn't as great as it was a few weeks back. Having said that, he is one hell of a player and I would have no problem if the TB hierarchy decides to take the punt and pick him here.
Bryant may seem a reach to most, but he is clearly the best WR in the draft and a huge need for our team. Having let go Antonio Bryant and the failure of Michael Clayton to be able to do anything remotely helpful sees us on the look out for two top WR's. Skipping the combine and a few off field issue may have D.Bryant's stock drop but not to the point where we could land him at 2a.
So...

With the third selection in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma.

Whilst this is a huge get for us landing a player that some consider the best prospect in the draft and the second coming of the great Warren Sapp, if I was Mark Dominick, I would seriously entertain trading down to around 6 or 7. Both Seattle and Buffalo need quarterbacks and could look to jump ahead of Washington to snare Jimmy Clausen. If we could manage such a trade and still land McCoy at that pick, it would be a real coup.
Anyway for the point of the BF Mock Draft, McCoy is a perfect selection for the Tampa 2, to which we are returning in 2010 and should put some fear back into our D.

Redskins Pick 4
Jimmy Clausen

The Washington Redskins desperately need to put the past behind them and emerge as a powerhouse once again. They are a marquee team. They now have a marquee head coach. They need a marquee quarterback.

With all the rule changes in regards to the passing game, having a reliable and solid QB running your offence is more important than ever. Jason Campbell is not a terrible QB, but he's also not a franchise QB, and that's what Washington will be getting with Clausen.

The question marks regarding his attitude are fair, but if there is any coach in the league that will keep him in check and develop him into a successful NFL QB, it's Shanahan.

Chiefs are quite deserving of the #5 pick, so could really use some help everywhere. Not sure if Cassell is a long term answer at QB, but I would give him another year. WR, NT and ILB are possibilities for future rounds, but not right here. Tossing up between OT and S, but have to go with:

Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

Possibly the next coming of Ed Reed, plays the run and pass equally well. Could possibly move to CB, but the need for an infusion of talent at S is needed, and would be a waste of such a great all-round talent.

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma Sooners

I've done quite a bit of research on the 'hawks and I will be honest they are a team I don't see much of. Across various fan discussion pages, NFL boards and other websites the key need seems to be an OT to replace Walter Jones and open up running lanes for a rushing attack which generated only 7 TDs.

However, with what is on the board at Pick 6, I believe Pete Carroll will go with the flashy pick and take Bradford. Hasselbeck has another season in him and will be the starter, but his main role will be to train Bradford to eventually replace him.

Pick 7: Joe Haden, CB, Florida

I considered going a different route, but in the end chose the somewhat expected one. Cleveland's two biggest holes are at safety and cornerback, and they will be my first two choices in this draft. There were some safeties that I was looking at but decided it would be too early, which is partly the reason why I would look to trade down if Berry was off the table.

Haden was widely considered a certain top 10 pick, but obviously ran a slow 40 at the combine. I'm putting that down as a one off, and he has already improved on that time. Cleveland need a playmaker in their secondary and Haden would provide that.

Quite simply Haden is the best CB in the draft, and behind only Berry in regards to defensive backs (in my humble and vastly uninformed opinion of course).

You can never know with the Raiders and what goes on in Al Davis's mind on draft day, there are rumours floating around within the organisation that they are very high on CJ Spiller, and may be looking to offload McFadden or Bush and draft CJ... my sources are usually pretty accurate, so would have to keep an eye on this one. We have issues along both the Oline and Dline, specifically at RG, RT, and the DT positions, and our LB core, both the top rated DTs may be off the board, and there isn't any RGs or LBs that are rated that highly to be in contention for #8. With that being said, it looks like the Tackle position is the place we will need to concentrate on, Bruce comes in with off-the-chart measurables (already in contention for a Raiders pick), although his lack of experience is a worry, the one thing to take note of Bruce is that he is a very effective kick-slide and punch blocker, and will be looking to start at RT while he gets the experience to then move to LT. With that being said:

Pick 8: Bruce Campbell

Pick 9: Buffalo Bills- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Hey with initials of BB you gotta play for the Buffalo Bills right? After the ongoing tragedy that was the Bills O-Line of 2009 the Bills front office moves to solidfy a position that has been unstable since the trade of Jason "Mr Over-rated" Peters to the Eagles.

With Okung and Williams off the board the Bills still have a luxury of selecting a quality LT with Rutgers Anthony Davis and Hawkeye Bulaga still available.

After consultation with Nappies, he advised that I can't go wrong with his boy from the cornfields of Iowa and I couldn't agree more. Welcome to the Buffalo Bills Bryan Bulaga!!!! The weather and mood of Buffalo should make you feel at home.

Bulaga, paired with 2009 draftees Andy Levitre and the injured Eric Wood should form a solid nucleus for years to come. Bulaga could slot into LT from Week 1 shifting line prodigy Demetrius Bell to RT to replace the retired Brad Butler (hey another BB initialed lineman).

I guess there would be an expectation that I would be picking a certain number 15 here (I expect Gene Smith to do some draft day trading to achieve that at a later point), but as this is my only pick in these 2 rounds, I'm going to try and fix the Jags' 14 sack season and get some cover for Aaron Kampman if he doesn't work out, so my pick 10 is:

Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

Thanks to walterfootball.com for the tip.

sorry for the late reply guys, i been away for a few days.

With the 12th selection in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select:
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Dez-Bryant.jpg

Regarded as a physical freak, he has the qualities to be a star. The only thing holding him back is his attitude, which is described as a headache. The Dolphins need instant help at WR, DT, FS, and this draft runs deep in tackles, which ultimately the DOlphins couldn't pass up on Byrant; who will help Henne evolve into a great quarterback. Parcells is known for not drafting receivers high or liking diva headaches, but Byrant is too good to pass up on.

Well Stiza took away the chance for me to be contraversial as I intended to go Bryant and build the best WR tandem in SF since Rice and Taylor.

Oh well, instead the 49ers need oline help in the worst possible way, particulary at RT so with the 13th selection in the draft the 49ers select OT Trent Williams, Oklahoma.

Williams is the prototypical RT but I'm not sure in reality if he lasts to this pick as he performed very well at the combine and will probably be a top 10 pick (and potentially the second best tackle in the draft).

Nonetheless, by taking Williams and with Staley on the other side the 49ers now have their franchise bookends for the next ten years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: BigFooty 2010 Mock Draft - Selection Thread

CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

This guy can handle 20-25 touches a game in his rookie season between the run, pass and return games and will be their first gamebreaker since Shaun Alexander. With this selection, the Seahawks sure up their QB and RB tandem for the next 10 years with Bradford and Spiller.

Sergio Kindle, DE/LB, Texas

Was highly coveted coming out of High School and will be highly coveted going into the NFL. Is an exciting pass rusher who will help the Titans defense who ranked 18th in sacks. Remember, he recorded 2.5 sacks in the National Championship Game vs Alabama.

If you've watched game tape of this guy, he makes OL look like Piwi Herman sometimes but other times he will struggle to shed blocks from Tight Ends.

Has had some off field drama.

49ers select Mike Iupati, Guard, Idaho.

Yeah, yeah, I know taking guards in the first round is a waste but this guy along with Williams (taken earlier) will lay the foundation for one of the best offensive lines in the league for years to come....he could ultimately project to tackle or even on the defensive side.

His upside is too great to be ignored and could possibly be the most NFL ready player in the draft and will be a day one starter.

Sven (for Fuey, for Woodson)

The Steelers draft Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee.

Williams will have time to develop behind 33 year old Casey Hampton (who also taken in the 1st round (pick 19), back in 2001). Williams will likely start in 2011.

Also considered taking CB Kyle Wilson, but I don't see Wilson fitting the black and blue nature of the AFC North.

Falcons select: Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

The Falcons need some help with their pass rushing, as their keys lineman are either getting old or have been underperforming. With LB's Kindle and Weatherspoon off the board, Atlanta turn to a DE who could play OLB if required. Graham is the sort of player who performs much better than timed numbers would suggest. Named 2nd Team All-Big Ten in 2008 and 1st Team in 2009 he had 20.5 sacks in his last two seasons with the Wolverines.

Sven (for Fuey, for Woodson)

The Steelers draft Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee.

Williams will have time to develop behind 33 year old Casey Hampton (who also taken in the 1st round (pick 19), back in 2001). Williams will likely start in 2011.

Also considered taking CB Kyle Wilson, but I don't see Wilson fitting the black and blue nature of the AFC North.

There is ONE CURVE BALL pick that I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers hit but I won't disclose such a pick as Mustangs' GM is working on picking him... ;)

So I'd say that the Steelers go with Gators' mauling Centre Merchant... as their #18 pick MAURKICE POUNCEY, C, FLORIDA for Round 1 pick... The Steelers took Ziggy Hood DE in 2009 so I doubt they'll double up with another front line defender Sven.

There is ONE CURVE BALL pick that I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers hit but I won't disclose such a pick as Mustangs' GM is working on picking him... ;)

So I'd say that the Steelers go with Gators' mauling Centre Merchant... as their #18 pick MAURKICE POUNCEY, C, FLORIDA for Round 1 pick... The Steelers took Ziggy Hood DE in 2009 so I doubt they'll double up with another front line defender Sven.

no probs bud. Go from a NT to a Centre is OK in my books. I can't see Pouncey going as high as 18, but it's a free world. (mind you at #30 to the Vikes.......)

Ok, for the Bengals, I was looking at either a true #3 speed receiver, a DE given their injury troubles last season, or a Safety to solidify the middle.

Texas Longhorn Earl Thomas, seems far too good to pass up here, and I think he'd be an absolute bargain at #21. Projects as both a CB and S, I'd stick him in either Safety position given the class he Bengals already have at CB, his ability to make tackles would make a Williams/Thomas combo a scary thought for any WR thinking of going over the middle. Would make it a highly talented secondary.

I thought I was almost certainly going SEC with this pick, but one player of huge need has fallen who I thought could go top ten.

Green Bay Packers - Anthony Davis - Rutgers
An OT, the biggest need of all and one of the premiums have slipt. Admittedly I haven't seen as much of Davis as other prospects but what I have seen on Youtube:)o) I have liked. He's 6-6 and 325 pounds, so he has the size to start right away. From what I have seen, his technique needs a little bit of work; especially footwork. But when he gets 'it' right, could be a VERY good NFL Left Tackle.

Had a couple in mind that I would have selected here if an OT or safety (Thomas or Berry) weren't available. From what I have read all over the place, they have a legitimate chance of being there in the 2nd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back