2011 John Barker MUST GO..... 2015 And JB goes and coaches Carlton. DOUBLE WIN!

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 22, 2009
LOL @ Norf
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GeeLOL sucks, so does $hitney
Our team scored the club's lowest ever total in a half of football in a final, with a forward line that contains Franklin & Roughead.

Sorry Barker I don't care how nice a bloke you are or how many games you played for Hawthorn, your performance has been woeful and I want you out of the job immediately.

No more excuses.

I think there will be a huge review on how everyone is going at the moment. But ya right Barker has helped Roughead go backwards and this s*^t Pagans paddick style forward set up is old school rubbish. Plus Franklin is at his best leading and jumping for the mark, not wrestling with his direct opponent

Guttered

Lets remember Assistant Coaches take instructions

NO. how about we remember that he is the forward coach so he is responsible foe the forward line and the buck stops with him. Plain and simple. If you are responsible for a section of your work and that section fails, do you blame the head boss?? No you get the sack. Barker you are out. There will be plenty of questions asked about this under performing football club. No area will be safe, take controll Jeff.

Unlike some other clubs, we do not accept failure. Sort the club out.

****. **** **** **** **** **** ****. How have we managed to get worse? This is so un-hawthornlike. Our finals aura and general aura as a threat IS OVER. I'm going to drink Melbourne dry. Shame on us. Shame on us

****. **** **** **** **** **** ****. How have we managed to get worse? This is so un-hawthornlike. Our finals aura and general aura as a threat IS OVER. I'm going to drink Melbourne dry. Shame on us. Shame on us

HAHAHA Nev, i said the same thing at the same time mate. Just a quick question about the ground, so many players are slipping over, this isnt normally the case so whats doing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure jb tells that peanut roughy to take a mark20m out but take a 300meter run up and kick from 45 . Players have to be somewhat to blame

2 years of failure.

2 of the best forwards in the league that should strike fear into any team.

It's not just Barker that should go.

Guttered x 2

Correct, Clarkson is responsible for Ass coaches, game plan is to taxing, lack genuine pace through midfeild and Franklin / Roughhead are not leading up to the ball carrier with any conviction. Definite leadership issues within the playing group and coaching staff and administration lack cohesion. Barker is but a small problem. Time to take stock.

Been saying it for a year and a bit now.

Our forward structure is a fn joke .. where do I start.

The constant forward presses that result in 2/3rds of f'all.
The placement of Buddy and/or Roughy 25 meters out is ridiculous. How many quick balls come in, only to see them wrestling 1 on 1 of which they are absolutely shizenhousen at and does not play to their strengths astounds me. Put one in the ******* goalsquare for Gods sake.

Gone. And if people say it's the head coach that sets the strategy then he can pack his bags too.

PS. Still stands if we somehow win!!! :p

Correct, Clarkson is responsible for Ass coaches, game plan is to taxing, lack genuine pace through midfeild and Franklin / Roughhead are not leading up to the ball carrier with any conviction. Definite leadership issues within the playing group and coaching staff and administration lack cohesion. Barker is but a small problem. Time to take stock.

2 years of failure and 2 years of bloody excuses. We have gone backwards. No team has the perfect list, but we do have serious problems with our playing list. This is not an over exaggeration, all year around in the stoppages we have been beaten even when we had the winning streak. Contested possession has been abysmal, as for game day coaching -we do not have one, no plan b,c or d, todays attitude was a disgrace, just like the early games at the start of the year against ess and pies.This is the most disappointing aspect of the year.
Ok we won 3 more games this year, but it has been very difficult to watch the boys play with this structure, especially roughie, . This i blame the coaches, all of them.

In all fairness, we missed Peterson and Hooper A LOT in today's game. Forward pressure in the beginning was abysmal and we only drifted further from there. If we'd had them in then things might've been a little less painful and this thread might've never sprouted into existence...

Agree, the forward line has been deplorable all year, think he has had his time.

great decision to leave out our main forward pressurers in Hooper & Peterson....yay lets bring on the semi final against Geelong....oh wait...oh s**t...oops

great decision to leave out our main forward pressurers in Hooper & Peterson....yay lets bring on the semi final against Geelong....oh wait...oh s**t...oops

Having Hooper and Peterson out was always gonna end badly for us, then Cyril does his hammy and there goes our forward pressure. It just came out so easily out of our backline.

Does anyone know..is Barker under contract?

Surely they wouldn't have signed him up for more than 2 years?

If Clarko doesn't clean out the coaching department over summer I will be very surprised :rolleyes:

Lets remember Assistant Coaches take instructions

That's true, but they are also expected to give guidance and instruction to the forwards and aide in their development. Irrespective of any structure or game plan issues that may be out of Barker's hands, and factoring out issues such as delivery quality from up the ground, how confident is anyone that our forwards have actually improved in any aspect of their game since Barker arrived? I'm not. Not even the natural improvement you'd expect in young players without input from the keen eye of a quality forwards coach. I think Clarkson has runs on the board, Barker does not, and should come under close scrutiny.

Our midfield rarely kicks to the advantage of the forward, which in my opinion is the biggest problem (ie not Barker or even the midfield press).

HOWEVER, I do not believe that Barker is the right person to be coaching Rough and Buddy - as I don't believe he has taught them anything to assist their improvement. So he has to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back