2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

easy to see where warriors failed......too many times chose the wrong option. love to know collegians reasons (excuses) for such a poor performance in a final in recent memory....in saying that im taking nothing away from merrivale. i dont think the result was unexpected because if you play finals ya good enough to do anything once ya there:thumbsu:..for the record lewis will poll more votes than barker

Merrivale played a great game today the collegian boys came out a bit flat and the tigers smashed em early. Todd McLean was brilliant early and the mid field gave it to him lace out. OC will need to come out firing early next week or they won't get with in 10 goals of rovers who should get up over the dogs tomorrow.

Very disappointing by Collegians on Saturday, just panicked and bombed away to the top of the square far too many times instead of going to the leading forwards, all of which had a frustrating day given the delivery they were getting. Easy shots missed didn't help the cause either, more scoring shots than Merrivale. Well done to the Tiges though, before Saturday I rated them a lot higher than most did and they proved that on their day they can do some serious damage.

It's ironic that in the first two weeks of the finals, the Warriors play the only two teams they lost to throughout the season. I'm hoping they can get up over Rovers though, they've had far too good a season to go out in straight sets. Won't be easy though.

Go Warriors.

for the record lewis will poll more votes than barker

Barker 18 Lewis 11 no surprise there

Congratulation Brad Johnson

Team of the year was pretty good (no Lewis tho). I was with Chaz thinking Trent Clarke from east should have at least made the pine. Very tough picking a team, supporters from each club think that their players should have been in. I am sure pie eyed and flag fav would have had more warriors and fan09 would have half the dogs included.

whilst im not a dennington fan id have lewis before barker......so who saw that result of the esam medal????....why was the merrivale coach admitted to hospital today??????

Not sure about the merrivale coach in hospital?

As usual plenty of weird voting by the umpires in the league B & F. Johnson deserved his win though I reckon. Agree with Trent Clarke not being in the team of the year, that kid is good.

Onto this week then! I'm going to go out on a limb this week, I think Merrivale will roll Power by 4-5 goals. If they can reverse a 10 goal loss to collegians into a 4 goal win, they're peaking at the right time of the year and I think will do Kolora who may start slowly due to not playing last week.

As for Collegians V Rovers, this will be a beauty - I'm going for the smallest of Margins and for Collegians to get up by a single point!!

Then just for the publicity it will generate with that Reply thing I've seen happening - Power will lose to Collegians in a prelim and bang it's the 1991 Grand Final all over again! haha

In all seriousness though as ironic that would be, Power V Merrivale in the grand final for me. power to win the lot.

I'm out.

Friday again predicting time, I am going to go with Kolora tomorrow, not sure if the big ground will suit Merrivale’s style of play as well as the smaller friendly’s did. Sunday will see the Warriors bounce back after the touch up last week, although with Hall still doubtful an upset is not out of the question. A spy told me Lucas Wilson was seen at the beach a couple of days this week and looked a bit ginger out of the water.

Get to the reid next Saturday and watch Merrivale and Collegians and also next Sunday and watch Merrivale and Collegians for the Gatorade match should be a hoot.

Got agree with tiger the warriors will bounce back Forth back in and I think Clinton Hall will be ok. But I think merrivale after the way they played last week should be to strong for kolora they will struggle to stop big Todd and then the warriors will knock kolora out to see a big rematch between sargent and McLean with the boys belting out the old green and gold.

Go Warriors:rolleyes::D

would love to see collegians go out in straight sets.....then the questions will be asked if they can stand up when they need to!!!...hope merrivale and rovers win.....anyway there are no excuses this time of year!!!

Fan 09 I was with you on that one. Pity it didn't happen. I went to the game today and Merrivale V Collegians should be a cracker!

I thought after the second quarter that Rovers were going to run all over them, but Collegians showed they're not to be written off yet, they can be very damaging when they get a run on and despite their skill errors, in the whole scheme of things, won easily in the end. I even noticed the margin was out to 51 points at one stage.

So putting it all out there and you can refer to this when I get them right for tips.

Collegians to beat Merrivale by 4 goals.
Power to win granny by 5 goals.

you read it here first :)

Bloody hell the power turned out the lights on the tigers on Saturday very powerful performance. The tigers struggled to get the ball to Todd early, because Kolora gave then no chance out of the midfield. I stood under the scoreboard and had a few froffies listening to the Merrivale hierarchy saying that they were a bit flat after last week’s game. The Tigers copped a few injuries namely Green and Nestor so there will be so frantic work by the medical staff this week trying to get them up.

On to Sunday and we saw Collegians turn it up a notch or 2, they got the run (that went missing last week) back and spread rovers across the wide open spaces of the Reid. Sargent was fantastic down back and Forth proved he is one of the most damaging mid fielders in the comp. Once again a send off (this time to rovers) changed the course of the game, Rovers were still in with a chance before big moose gave forth a tap and was given the yellow card. With the top 4 teams so close playing a man short really can cost you.

Any way we will be back at the Reid next week and I will have to agree with WDFLocal and see the Green and Gold get over the Yellow and Black and I will be up at the Reid again on Sunday having 2 or 3 watching the same 2 sides battle for the Gatorade Cup. Get up and support Peters Project and watch a few old legends go at it, BTW all of the recorded episodes are on YouTube search For Gatorade Replay Australia and you will find them.

what was the merrivale heirachy doing under the scoreboard?......shouldnt they have been at the interchange box like other teams?....anyway injuries will end the tigers this weekend and i reckon the warriors, providing they stay disciplined, can take it up to the power!...what a waste of a season if the power win the granny by a street, most ppl mite leave by halftime!

what was the merrivale heirachy doing under the scoreboard?......shouldnt they have been at the interchange box like other teams?.

Sorry Fan09 they where watchin' both the Netball and Football, they left the scoreboard at half time when the netball finished and went to the other side:thumbsu: and they even had a booth over there.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Fan09 they where watchin' both the Netball and Football, they left the scoreboard at half time when the netball finished and went to the other side:thumbsu: and they even had a booth over there.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

ok..that makes sense!!!....i hope the vale do well this week but i think injuries may make a difference

boot banger i hope you are right.......i heard the spectator that hit that basketballer is a player from a team still in the finals, his team plays on saturday

I only have one thing to say.
Go Warriors !!!!
Go Warriors !!!!
Go Warriors !!!!
Go Warriors !!!!
Go Warriors !!!!
Go Warriors !!!!
Go Warriors !!!!

Fan 09 you have got to let that one out. That's the whole point of these forums isn't it??
being anonymous is a beautiful thing. Give us a name or at least a team who he plays for?

I got to last sundays game a bit early and the door to the medicle room was open, I seen highly respected long time creek trainer lyle earls working on the back of adam greene from merrivale as he was getting off the bench the collegian boys started comming in for strapping, I thought this was bad timing as he was struggling to even walk. Or maybe this was what he hoped the collegian boys to see.

Come on Fan who was it?

I popped down to Landmann st last night to catch the tigers training. Greeny and nestor both seemed to be training ok, didn't see bomber gleeson but it was dark and I was up on the hill. But after training I heard a door slam and a white wagon spinning the wheels and speeding out of the car park, not sure what that was about but someone was upset I reckon.

Havn't heard much from the Warrior camp, so Hall must be still no good.

Yeah tiger your almost right try 15 goals

Go warriors

Sarg will keep McLean to 1 goal and the X man will get 6 and richo will get 5

Just follow my tips warriors by almost 15 goals the x factor got 5 or 6 richo 4 or 5 Eli was special, gareth the spunky preacher Crawford was hot, hot, hot jarrod gleeson got tired from all his kicks, Clinton hall was great Matthew lynch what a spunk controlled the centre. And sarge gave Todd a bath. Whoop whoop, go warriors:D:D:D:D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back