R: Trent West / Joel Corey / Adam Selwood

I/C: Cameron Pedersen / Joel Patfull / Jason Winderlich
I/C: Shane Edwards / Chris Masten / Michael Johnson
Sub: Brent Reilly
Sub: Ben Cunnington

Emg: Richard Tambling / Michael Hibberd / Paul Bower
Emg: Tom Logan / Andrejs Everitt / Brock McLean

Firstly, Maxwell should be on Kreuzer.

Well, first things first, I think my team is better, and Freddy thinks my team is better, so it should be an open shut case :)
This match will answer the age old question, what's better a dominant forward line or a dominant midfield? Hayes, Goddard, Hannebery, Kelly and Power would run rings around his midfield. Jamar would destroy West by so much It's not funny. There's no escaping the fact Freddy has a strong forward line, but my backline is equally strong and should work as a cohesive unit. I have the depth to throw 3 key backmen at him and still have Goddard or Maxwell as third man up. Who really cares though, with my midfield verses his, it won't get in there much anyway. Fletcher might take Edwards out of the equation, but Goodes would do scary things to Williams (if Williams isn't injured). Higgins, Didak, Davey and Knights would be too hot to handle for his small backmen. He has a coupe clanger kings in Edwards and Masten, I have more than addressed my deficiencies with my bench.

I think my team is better, his forward line is quality, but he falls down in a lot of other areas. strong midfield and backline or strong forwards? you decide.

My rankings with Freddy as home team-

FF - Freddy
HF - Freddy
C - Tie
HB - Hendo
FB - Hendo
R - Hendo
B - Freddy

In summary, a very close game, but if Freddys mids put the ball out in front of Pav and Cloke that forward line is unstoppable! If they dont, Hendo's small defenders would carve it up on the rebound. Had to go with gut feel in the end, so its Freddy by 2 goals!

Freddy has an elite forward line - probably the only elite element in the game. I think Hendo is overrating his mids and defenders, both seem middle-of-the-road to me - neither Power or Goddard would actually play in the guts, I worry about Hayes coming back at his age and Hanneberry took a step back in 2011.

Freddy by five goals for me.

Again, 2 very good teams. It's a bad matchup for Hendo I think though. Your tall defenders really get exposed with Pav, Cloke, Kreuzer up there. Garland and Maxwell are more 3rd/4th tall types. Hendo's midfield is stronger but Freddy has a few options up his sleave with Pav, Sidebottom and Sherman who all can rotate through there. I really like Freddy's backline as well. Very very strong. Hendo's small forwards along with Goodes are quality but I think they'd be held well by Freddy's backs. I guess Pedersen on the bench can be another tall target for Hendo. I find it too hard to split to be honest. I rated Hendo's team 1 point higher than Freddy's but as a match up I think Freddy might just shade Hendo's team due to his tall forwards.

My rankings with Freddy as home team-

FF - Freddy
HF - Freddy
C - Tie
HB - Hendo
FB - Hendo
R - Hendo
B - Freddy

In summary, a very close game, but if Freddys mids put the ball out in front of Pav and Cloke that forward line is unstoppable! If they dont, Hendo's small defenders would carve it up on the rebound. Had to go with gut feel in the end, so its Freddy by 2 goals!

I didn't quite see it as tight as you because while Jamar would more than likely get first touch of the ball in ruck, there wouldn't be too many better hunters of the contested ball than Corey or Selwood. At best this area is a tie IMO.

I agree with your other ratings, but the ones that Freddy wins, he wins by more than Hendo does for the ones that he wins.

On this basis I think it's Freddy to win by 4 to 5 goals after an early struggle.

I didn't quite see it as tight as you because while Jamar would more than likely get first touch of the ball in ruck, there wouldn't be too many better hunters of the contested ball than Corey or Selwood. At best this area is a tie IMO.

I agree with your other ratings, but the ones that Freddy wins, he wins by more than Hendo does for the ones that he wins.

On this basis I think it's Freddy to win by 4 to 5 goals after an early struggle.

Not sure wether you're agreeing with me here or not? I marked it as a Tie because while Freddy has better inside players, I dont rate his Ruckman at all and I like Hendo's experienced heads in the middle. Never underestimate experince in the middle! In the end, I dont like to split hairs too much, so just awarded a tie. In the end Freddy would have got the win, by how much is unimportant.

Went with Freddy but think due to the ruck dominance and possible stronger mids Hendo would be in with a good chance. The twin towers is what won it for me just can't vote against that unless the tall defenders are absolute guns. Rebound from defence would also be good for Hendo but if the big boys are marking it there is no rebound.

6 point win for mine

Not sure wether you're agreeing with me here or not? I marked it as a Tie because while Freddy has better inside players, I dont rate his Ruckman at all and I like Hendo's experienced heads in the middle. Never underestimate experince in the middle! In the end, I dont like to split hairs too much, so just awarded a tie. In the end Freddy would have got the win, by how much is unimportant.

I'm not sure either, FP. lol

I'm saying that while Hendo has the better ruckmen, the 2 main mids of Freddy are such big guns, they're canons!! :)

IMO their quality swing it from being a tie to a margin in favour of Freddy.

Never thought I'd see Adam Selwood described as such a big gun, he's a cannon.
Corey is a very good player, there's no doubting that. Selwood is pretty meh in my book. Joel is a cannon, Adam is a noisy cricket (for you MIB) fans.
Lenny Hayes is a cannon, people obviously have forgotten after this year.
Goddard, Kelly and Watson are cannons.

Pav will go in the guts if they have trouble there.
Kreuzer will go into the ruck if Jamar gets on top too much.
Johnson goes onto Goodes if he starts to give Williams grief.

Freddy has too many threats up froward and too many options for the potential problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Hendos team, rated him and CATB as the best teams. In terms of rucks, I would back Kreuzer and West over Jamar. It was always going to be a tactic of mine to have 2 rucks in my side. I think by seasons end West will be regarded as a quality player. Kreuzer could be elite...

I am going to call this one a draw:thumbsu::thumbsdown:

Whilst I rated Hendo higher than my team, his side doesnt match up overly well with my side. A lot will depend on Hayes and to a lesser degree Goddard. If they both get back to 2010 form, his side will win the whole competition. All will be clearer at seasons end

Never thought I'd see Adam Selwood described as such a big gun, he's a cannon.
Corey is a very good player, there's no doubting that. Selwood is pretty meh in my book. Joel is a cannon, Adam is a noisy cricket (for you MIB) fans.
Lenny Hayes is a cannon, people obviously have forgotten after this year.
Goddard, Kelly and Watson are cannons.

Apologies there hendo.

I mentally read that as Joel Selwood, hence my comments.

I'd still go for Freddy, but only just now.

Back