2012 Dream Team & Supercoach Questions/Tips/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thoughts on the long term job security of Neale, especially now with Fyfe out?

Not alot of pure midfielders waiting in the wings to take his place, and they certainly aren't pumping out consistantly dominant performances in the WAFL.

We might give him a week or 2 in the WAFL to pick up some full game time somewhere along the line, but he's ahead of most of the other rivals for his position, and none of them had the pre season like he did. Perhaps only Lower to compete with.

I'd bring him in after the bye if he doesn't increase hise price too much because of subs.

WhippingCupcakes

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I like the look of Pearce. My only concern is will he burn himself out towards the end of the season? He said he did all this extra training preseason and barely had a break. Being young it could all catch up to him.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Hello all,

Chances of Spurr starting as the sub? I had him from Rd 1, sort of forgot to get rid of him. Hope he fires!

If I was to place a percentage of the chance of him being the sub this week, it would be around 30%.

Other candidates would be Neale @ 30%, Roberton 20% and Pearce 20%.

Beeawwb_SP

Senior List
Aug 16, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Genuinely curious about this, having never played SuperCoach before. But given the following stats between Neale and Spurr, how did Spurr score higher?

Neale - 47 SC: 7 kicks, 7 handball. 2 marks, 2 goals, 1 tackle. 2 goal contributions, 2 inside 50s. 0 Frees For / 0 Against.

Spurr - 50 SC: 1 kick, 5 handball. 0 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles. 0 goal contributions, 0 inside 50s. 0 Frees For / 1 Against.

:confused:

Super Gusto

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Genuinely curious about this, having never played SuperCoach before. But given the following stats between Neale and Spurr, how did Spurr score higher?

Neale - 47 SC: 7 kicks, 7 handball. 2 marks, 2 goals, 1 tackle. 2 goal contributions, 2 inside 50s. 0 Frees For / 0 Against.

Spurr - 50 SC: 1 kick, 5 handball. 0 marks, 0 goals, 3 tackles. 0 goal contributions, 0 inside 50s. 0 Frees For / 1 Against.

:confused:

Better efficiency with disposals. Most of his disposals were contested also.

I'm not sure what effect TOG has but I'm assuming this may have also affected Neales score.

Beeawwb_SP

Senior List
Aug 16, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Better efficiency with disposals. Most of his disposals were contested also.

I'm not sure what effect TOG has but I'm assuming this may have also affected Neales score.

Ahhh, that must be it. I've looked up the SC scoring and "ineffective" kicks / handballs score 0, while clangers score -4. So there'd probably be some non-scoring or negative scoring in his calculations, where Spurr had less time on the ground (less opportunities) but better efficency.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Based on that Spurr could be a decent scorer if he plays a full game, I know he was recently elevated but what are the chances he will stay in the team for the long term? Thanks.

He can stay in the team and play the HB/wing role as he has filled Subans spot on Broughton spending more time on ball with Fyfe out.
JS looks pretty safe at the moment and he is looking the best downgrade option of all rookie defenders. Saying that he might be sub again this week!

jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
Hi guys, I've been searching everywhere for updates on Morabito.

This past week, all I can find is Hamstring = Test.

Can someone fill me on his progress please.

Cheers.

named for Peel this w/e I think. Had a few soft tissue injuries, but should be good soon.

Jul 16, 2008
WA.
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys I watched your game yesterday and really liked the look of Lee Spurr. The question I have is how long is he going to be around? Are there any players ready to come back and force him out?

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Electric

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guys I watched your game yesterday and really liked the look of Lee Spurr. The question I have is how long is he going to be around? Are there any players ready to come back and force him out?

Cheers

If it wasn't for injury he would've played rd1. Is ahead of suban and I for one will be getting him

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder

Cheers

The only thing stopping him playing at the moment is the fact he was upgraded to the main list for Fyfe.

He could stay in the 22 right until Fyfe comes back and that could be around round 18-20.

Like Electric just said, I will be putting him in my backline as a nice downgrade on Ellis or Smedts.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Whaddya reckon Seppo, bring him in this week or next?

Well he has played 2 games and has a B/E of -49. If he gets named for the Hawks games he is in my team.

The thing that should decide if you get him is the players you have in the backline already if you want cover for the BYE's

We share the round 12 bye with Geelong, Sydney and Collingwood. As I have Broughton, Malceski, Clarke and Smedts, I don't want to bring in another player from that same round hence the reason why I would get rid of Smedts for Spurr and free up 50k or so.

juzzo

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
What do you guys think of the job security/ability to avoid the vest for Lachie Neale and Lee Spurr? Thx.

What do you guys think of the job security/ability to avoid the vest for Lachie Neale and Lee Spurr? Thx.
Lachie is going great but due to role and tank is always a risk of starting or being subbed. Has filled his role without excelling which leaves plenty of room for fantasy improvement. If you have him keep him if you don't look elsewhere.

Spurr looked pretty composed on the weekend and did plenty of good things. Should hold his spot again (may be rested with a short break and long trip - thanks AFL). IMO, less sub risk due to build/role. If you need a back downgrade (who doesn't) get on him.

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Do I keep the faith with Ballantyne lads? Had really high hopes after his opening round but since his suspension has been disappointing. Will he turn things around or do I cut my losses?

What's the deal with Kepler?

I've got him in UF, so time to decide whether to cut him...
Depending on squad depth (and how many teams you have) there are better options out there. Trent Dennis-Lane played on the weekend and might be available. Depending on your rules too, Ben Sinclair from COL has been changed to C/F which might be worthwhile too. From Dockers, Crozier and Sheridan look closer to a game. If you're in a deep league then you may need to hold him - in mine there are very few playing forwards available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back