2012 Dream Team & Supercoach Questions/Tips/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I traded him in, but only because their are almost no other options available, and of the ones that are, he is the only one who fits my bye structure.

s**t just got real in DT this week, and tbh, I'm absolutely packing myself about what's going to happen in the bye rounds. Still, I reckon I'm prepared better than most, but guys like McDonald, Spurr (allthough have allowed for trading him out if need be) and Pfeiffer could sting me.

Was thinking I'd be eating 2 donuts, possibly even less if I nailed the DP ruck thing (which I've since thrown out the window), but at the moment I'm thinking I'll probably be copping at least 5.

Hopefully I can stick it out in the eliminator until then, If you can survive until the bye rounds, you could find yourself up against some easier opponents.

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess i should look at my team to see how prepared it is for the byes, but its too much hard work.

Very interesting GWS ins and outs this week
I would of thought they would see this game as another possibility to win.
Looking at selections though you would think they are playing a top team and giving up by resting some of there better players.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I couldn't care less about the byes, it's chaos theory to be honest. You can control your team to the hilt and then someone who's not even bothering to perfect their team over the byes can knock you off because they have 2-3 more players than you in their team for that particular bye round. Best to focus on the things you can control - which is the rest of the season. That's the way i'm going into it anyway..

I couldn't care less about the byes, it's chaos theory to be honest. You can control your team to the hilt and then someone who's not even bothering to perfect their team over the byes can knock you off because they have 2-3 more players than you in their team for that particular bye round. Best to focus on the things you can control - which is the rest of the season. That's the way i'm going into it anyway..

Watch all the plans fall out the window when coaches decide to rest random players during the round byes.

All you can do is try to have a reasonable balance of players from each bye group IMO. You should plan to have no-one who is playing on the bench in any of the three weeks.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
Watch all the plans fall out the window when coaches decide to rest random players during the round byes.

All you can do is try to have a reasonable balance of players from each bye group IMO. You should plan to have no-one who is playing on the bench in any of the three weeks.

Why would coaches* rest players during the bye period? That's what the bye is for.

I agree though a lot of planning will be thrown out the window.

*Other than Sheedy.

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Of course there are going to be surprising omissions etc, but you can still prepare for those as best you can, and they can hurt someone who is walking in with 8 donuts minimum just as easily as they can someone who is looking at 2.

Some people are looking at donuts/0 emergencies this week, and it's not even a bye round where up to 6/8 premiums are going to be missing. If people are taking 0's this week, or are down to little or no emergencies, they'll be eating 15 donuts over the byes. :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

How well you navigate the bye rounds will have a bigger impact on your rankings than anything else, and bye (see vwhat I did zhere?) a long, long way.

Although it's a big ask, I think you can be a good 500 points back from the lead at this point and still finish t100, or even have a shot at winning the car if you can walk out of it with 2 0's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's played the same role he always has. He is capable of a poor game, but so is every other player. Same applies for a good game. Thankfully he tends to have more good games DT wise, than bad ones.

The talk of more midfield time/tagger/back pocket etc etc is just crap thrown out by people who know nothing about Freo, not to mention Fantasy Footy in general.

If you like his numbers, pick him.

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Giving up on Ballantyne :(

Got 430k to spend any suggestions??

Im thinking of
Jordan lewis, Crameri, Zaharakis, Bennell, or Rioli

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Giving up on Ballantyne :(

Got 430k to spend any suggestions??

Im thinking of
Jordan lewis, Crameri, Zaharakis, Bennell, or Rioli

What the rest of the forward line like? You need to be thinking of BYE structure with the next few trades.

Lewis* - Bye R13 - Next 4 RICH, PORT, NTH, BRIS - BE 113
Rioli - Bye R13 - Next 4 RICH, PORT, NTH, BRIS - BE 129
Crameri - Bye R12 - Next 4 GWS, MEL, SYD, BYE BE 84
Zaharakis* - Bye R12 - Next 4 GWS, MEL, SYD, BYE - BE 66
Bennell* - Bye R13 - Next 4 PORT, COL, STK, NTH - BE 82

*DPP

I would go one out of Lewis (easy run) or Zaka (low BE) depending on your team balance.

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who suits your bye structure best?
Who offers you them most value for money?
Who do you think will score higher for the rest of the season?

If it makes any difference, I've had Lewis since the beginning, and he's well worth it. Very consistent, and is kicking more goals than in previous seasons. I also think he offers a bit of value.

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah Lewis was first choice think he will be most reliable, others except bennell will get higher scores every now an then.
Crameri 2nd choice good value and only 1 essendon player in squad

I have 3 adelaide players and a hawk already in team :( yep 3 adelaide players is trouble but i got them when they were good bargains.
Will trade 1 next week probably.

I havent looked at byes im sure im in big trouble for them.

Im Freo21 in bigfooty freo private league

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep makes no sense to me.

Looked dependable 1 on 1 down back, also skills looked reliable enough.
Looked Like a good replacement for Broughton who is playing more as a midfielder.

The midfieders were to blame for last weeks rubbish.
Not sure how JVB gets another game as for Chrichton deserves an opportunity before writing him off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back