GFL 2012 gfl player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

As clearances have been open for over a month I thought it might be time to have a look at what is happening. Tonight I will look at Bell Park.
Outs:- Leigh Anderson back to Modewarre 2011 10 senior games, Kristian Bucovaz to Aspley Qld 2011 19 games and 51 goals, Tom Couch Melbourne 2011 AFL 7 games, 9 goals, Daniel Lowther Portarlighton 2011 18 games 11 goals, Ben McLure Blackburn Eastern Football League 7 games and Jackson Sheringham Geelong AFL 8 games 8 goals. So far out is 69 games and 78 goals. Ins:- Nicholas Talarico GWCFC 2011 18 games 7 goals and Luke Skewes Hurstbridge Div 2 Northern Football League 2011 15 games 2 goals. At the moment Bell Park have lost a lot more than have gained. Maybe the have more clearnces to come but on this information they would be not as strong on field as last year. Any comments?

As clearances have been open for over a month I thought it might be time to have a look at what is happening. Tonight I will look at Bell Park.
Outs:- Leigh Anderson back to Modewarre 2011 10 senior games, Kristian Bucovaz to Aspley Qld 2011 19 games and 51 goals, Tom Couch Melbourne 2011 AFL 7 games, 9 goals, Daniel Lowther Portarlighton 2011 18 games 11 goals, Ben McLure Blackburn Eastern Football League 7 games and Jackson Sheringham Geelong AFL 8 games 8 goals. So far out is 69 games and 78 goals. Ins:- Nicholas Talarico GWCFC 2011 18 games 7 goals and Luke Skewes Hurstbridge Div 2 Northern Football League 2011 15 games 2 goals. At the moment Bell Park have lost a lot more than have gained. Maybe the have more clearnces to come but on this information they would be not as strong on field as last year. Any comments?

True but they have unbelievable depth and a playing list capable of anything, they had alot of guys rotating through the midfield and on the bench, this will just give more opportunities to the likes of Jackson Bright, Paul Waldron etc.

You look at the midfield list they have and i will miss out on some but Sheringham, Batchelor, Graham, Michael and Jackson Bright, Zane Vail in the ruck....they are the ones off the top of my head, that list tops any other by far so i dont think the losses will hurt too much.

Colac 2012 Outs: Rhys Bennett Laharum (Horsham) 4 Games, Luke Burnett Otway Districts 12 games 3 goals, Jason Green Colac Imps 5 games, Tyson Holt Apollo Bay 8 games 1 goal, Ben Lynch Birregurra 10 games 2 goals, Sam McGuane Western Eagles 4 games and Dean Towers VFL/TAC 1 game 3 goals.
In: Callum Buchanan AFL Qld, Michael Davis Birregurra 14 games 6 goals, Liam McGuane Alvie 15 games 12 goals, James Morgan Camperdown 6 games 3 goals and Russell Whiteford Camperdown 17 games 18 goals.
The tradition of players moving to and from the CDFL continues. Most outs have weakened depth. Whiteford from Camperdown is a good get and hopeful he can attract a few with 1 already coming. Will hope they have Juniors coming through. Hard to see them improve. Thoughts.

Geelong West St Peters IN 2012: Jesse Drever Deakin Uni FC (Warrnambool & District FL) 14 Games 2 Goals, Daniel O'Keefe Sydney AFL, Seamus Orr back from North Ballarat VFL, Bodie Richardson South Launceston TFL, Bryce Torney St Albans, Michael Davis South Barwon 2 games 2 goals, Tim Brown South Warrnambool 17, 2, Rhys Raymond Warrnanbool FC 20, 2, Grant Armistead North Geelong 15,6, Cameron Fletcher North Geelong 17,3, Harley Lewis Colac Imps 16,19.
OUT: Thomas Gribble VFL/TAC 5,3, James Hussey South Warrnambool 18,5, Patrick Lowery Birregurra 9 games, Braydee Watts back to North Geelong 11,2 & Michael Stewart & Liam Rock to Ocean Grove.
Gains outway losses just. Will have to wait and see impact the new players have. They played Bell Park in a praccy match during the week but from all reports neither side impressed but still only early. Can see slight improvement depending on how the teams around them on the ladder have recruited.

Speaking of practice matches, Lara has managed to score three games at home, starting with Hoppers this week (17 March).
What games have other clubs lined up?

Geelong West St Peters IN 2012: Jesse Drever Deakin Uni FC (Warrnambool & District FL) 14 Games 2 Goals, Daniel O'Keefe Sydney AFL, Seamus Orr back from North Ballarat VFL, Bodie Richardson South Launceston TFL, Bryce Torney St Albans, Michael Davis South Barwon 2 games 2 goals, Tim Brown South Warrnambool 17, 2, Rhys Raymond Warrnanbool FC 20, 2, Grant Armistead North Geelong 15,6, Cameron Fletcher North Geelong 17,3, Harley Lewis Colac Imps 16,19.
OUT: Thomas Gribble VFL/TAC 5,3, James Hussey South Warrnambool 18,5, Patrick Lowery Birregurra 9 games, Braydee Watts back to North Geelong 11,2 & Michael Stewart & Liam Rock to Ocean Grove.
Gains outway losses just. Will have to wait and see impact the new players have. They played Bell Park in a praccy match during the week but from all reports neither side impressed but still only early. Can see slight improvement depending on how the teams around them on the ladder have recruited.

Stewart & Rock never played at the club last year. They left the year before. Hence, the gains well and truly outweigh the losses.

Russell Robertson has signed to play 5 games for his home club Burnie. Why do Joeys let him do this? Just shows signing him as coach is a publicity stunt and they wont be serious contenders til he is moved on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell Robertson has signed to play 5 games for his home club Burnie. Why do Joeys let him do this? Just shows signing him as coach is a publicity stunt and they wont be serious contenders til he is moved on
This is in fact true (in the Addy today) i can't believe it. The GFL is no mickey mouse league you just cant have a coach/player who is on that much coin playing for another team. He is such an important player for them and at his age he needs to ensure he is in prime condition for the team that is paying him a lot of money to kick goals for them. I am staggered Joeys are allowing him to do this. How much would this backfire on them if he got injured, if anyone should know how easy this can happen Russell should know as he snapped his achillies in the most simple of circumstances. Joeys certainly cannot be fair dinkum about this season if they are letting their coach do this.

How did Newtown go in its praccy match against North Ballarat yesterday? It would have been a pretty high-standard match I'd imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back