2012 injuries and suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah i mean if he takes a decent hit and it pops out again. Or is it like a finger and they just put it back in place and he's right to go, Mel Gibson in lethal weapon style?

Didn't Pods Pop out in the GF? If so/ no Go for Fyfe.. Dunno if it's the same injury or not... Hope not because I got Fyfe and Goodes with pfier on the bench so not enough to cover (no DPP player in the mid either) :(

Edit: Just looked at the replay of it.. looks very similar to Pods injury in the final.. And pods had surgery done in the off season...

What are the chances of fyfe popping again even if he doesn't miss a week?

what's the feeling out of Essendon and Collingwood this week?

given they have have a game 4 days later can we expect to see a few late withdrawals?

I can't see the likes of Dempsey, Dawes, Jolly etc playing both games, similarly those pies who are almost back (Johnson, Didak etc) won't play both games either.

given they have have a game 4 days later can we expect to see a few late withdrawals?

I can't see the likes of Dempsey, Dawes, Jolly etc playing both games, similarly those pies who are almost back (Johnson, Didak etc) won't play both games either.
hard to tell, just wait 'till Thursdays teams

Nah i mean if he takes a decent hit and it pops out again. Or is it like a finger and they just put it back in place and he's right to go, Mel Gibson in lethal weapon style?
If its my shoulder, then it get 8 weeks min to get right. If I have had surgery or not. No good rooting around with a joint like a shoulder,. Give it rest. I think if Fyfe goes in again then he has rock in his head.
Needs a op. or a looooong rest with LOTS of physio and weights.

If its my shoulder, then it get 8 weeks min to get right. If I have had surgery or not. No good rooting around with a joint like a shoulder,. Give it rest. I think if Fyfe goes in again then he has rock in his head.
Needs a op. or a looooong rest with LOTS of physio and weights.[/quote

spoken like a true fyfeless coach:rolleyes:

Damn goodes! I need dickson or smedts to play otherwise I need to burn another trade to avoid a donut.

Any news on birchall, Will he play this week?

Damn goodes! I need dickson or smedts to play otherwise I need to burn another trade to avoid a donut.

Heh, ditto. Hopefully the dismal Dogs give Dickson another run as a bit of a goal kicker (they need some!) and the slow/tired Cats go to Smedts for run and zing. I think at least one of those is a good chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smedts appears unlikely at this stage.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/newsId/133352/Default.aspx

Small forward Mathew Stokes is expected to return for the game against the Tigers after he missed the loss to North Melbourne, although emerging midfielder Billie Smedts remains in doubt.

"Stokes had some dental injuries the week before, and we felt it best to give him a rest, and Billie Smedts had a knock to the chest," Bradshaw explained.

"We think Stokesy will be probably be OK for this week, but Billie is still a bit sore so we'll see how he goes this week."

Any news on birchall, Will he play this week?

Seemed almost certain to miss (a few) at the start of the week. Now the mail is he's 50/50, or slightly better than average chance of getting up.

Seemed almost certain to miss (a few) at the start of the week. Now the mail is he's 50/50, or slightly better than average chance of getting up.

Thing that worries me about Birchall and Fyfe (of which I have both) is that if they do play, what's the likelihood they'll wear the green vest? I've already had to put Lake on the pine and Smedts is my only other defensive cover and he's unlikely to play.

I haven't used a trade yet, but unless they're LTI's, don't really want to sideways trade, but alas, I may have to

Apparently Heath Shaw and Dale Thomas have succumbed to injury.

Jennifer Witham ‏ @AFL_JenWitham
Big blow for the Pies. Shaw and Thomas to miss the next two games with hamstring injuries. That makes at least four changes tonight. Both to miss Port & Essendon games

http://twitter.com/#!/afl_jenwitham

This season is shaping up to be...an injury riddled one. I'm hanging onto my trades..

Gees I'm glad that I dodged the H.Shaw bullet this season.

Once bitten twice shy for me. :D:thumbsu:

I'd suggest the Didak bullet is more importantly avoided :cool:

23310_126225220735084_3825_n.jpg

and so it begins

Heath Shaw and Dale Thomas have been ruled out for 2 weeks. Shaw injured his hamstring at training and didn't quite catch what happened to Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back