Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool & Melbourne Storm
After a dissapointing end to the 2011 season, Melbourne Storm are proud to announce the chance for fans to come see the guys in the 1st official open training session for Preseason

See below for the open training sessions and NRL games for Melbourne Storm for the period between Monday, November 21 - Monday 28 November
All open sessions will take place at Gosch's Paddock unless otherwise stated.
The session times are subject to change at short notice.
Any changes to session times will be corrected on this page as soon as possible, however it is not always possible to make these changes before the start of a particular training session.
Tuesday, November 22:
3:00pm Skills Session
Thursday, November 24:
9:30am Skills Session
Friday, November 25:
1:00pm Skills Session
(Please note: there will be no fan entertainment or food & beverage at this session)

Depending on the scheduals of each player, there may be a chance to chat with the guys, also have photos taken with them and get autographs

Come down & support the team you have grown to love.

Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
These training schedules are great for any Storm fans who might be able to get away from work or school to see the players in action, have a chat and get an autograph/photo or even catch up with other Storm fans.

I've been fortunate enough to get along to Gosh's Paddock a couple of times then went shopping in Swan St:)

On Friday i payed my Melbourne Storm Membership.2nd year as a Storm Member in perth.Is there many Storm members is WA.Im a Storm for Life so easy and no stress about sighning up every year.

Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
On Friday i payed my Melbourne Storm Membership.2nd year as a Storm Member in perth.Is there many Storm members is WA.Im a Storm for Life so easy and no stress about sighning up every year.

Well done Roo Boy and that reminds me, I must renew my membership soon. Just not used to them being released so early.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Sad news for the Storm. RIP

Storm mourn death of recruitment manager

Melbourne Storm are mourning the sudden death of recruitment manager Darren Bell who passed away from massive heart attack on Wednesday.

Bell was responsible for bringing rising stars such as Matt Duffie and Jesse Bromwich to the Storm in addition to recruiting the club's under-20s list

Sep 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
YNWA
You sure it wasn't Aus Post fault?

Checking my phone, Richmond SMSd in 19 December saying my parcel was with Aus Post and would arrive before Xmas. Turned up after Xmas. Can't see that being anyone's fault bar Aus Post.

Not too phased personally. Understand if memberships were bought as Xmas presents for kids though. Poor form.

Will Chambers back to the club in 2012.
Together with the signing of Ryan Hoffman, I see this is a huge backward step for the club. Chambers is massively overrated and has no defensive side at all. Playing him and Sisa Waqa in the same team will be comical. Hoffman is past it. To me, we have just replaced one big selfish marshmellow in Beau Champion with another big selfish marshmellow in Chambers.
Might have a lazy $20 on us to miss the 8 altogether this year. Will definitely miss top 4.

Anyone still waiting on their membership kit to arrive? I renewed in early October, still haven't seen anything.
I renewed a few days before Christmas and haven't received mine. Renewed my Richmond one on the same day and haven't got that either.

Don't agree on your Hoffman and Chambers analysis at all.

Hoffy bleeds the purple and will slot in nicely. He hasn't lost any form at all.
Chambers has done ok in RU and was massively chased by some big European RU teams to sign up. He has taken a fair pay cut to come back to us and will fill a hole.

Team is well set now with our youngsters. Low contracts which mean we can re-sign Inglis at the end of the year which was the plan all along.

We may drop some spots on the ladder but we will never miss finals when we have Cronk, Smith and Slater playing.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Must say, I didn't especially rate Hoffman (or Lima, for that matter) at Wigan. Just gave away too many penalties, for one thing.

Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
You sure it wasn't Aus Post fault?

Checking my phone, Richmond SMSd in 19 December saying my parcel was with Aus Post and would arrive before Xmas. Turned up after Xmas. Can't see that being anyone's fault bar Aus Post.

Not too phased personally. Understand if memberships were bought as Xmas presents for kids though. Poor form.

There were a few probs with Aust. Post, but generally the ones which have not arrived were shipment issues from overseas.

I rang the club to find out what happened and they confirmed that...have to phone back at end of month to have it checked out on that data base.

And yes it was poor form by them....as if there's no people here looking for work here in Melb.! Bet they won't make the same mistake next year...too many complaints from the fans.

Pretty hard to analyse the Hoffman and Chambers signings without knowing what coin they are on. If they have been signed on the cheap, then they will be very shrewd acquisitions. If, as I suspect, we are resigned to losing Cronk next year and we have basically given them Cronk's money, then this might backfire.

Chambers was very young when he left us and has had a couple of good years. He will need time to re-adjust though and definitely needs to improve on his last season with the Storm.

Hoffman, if all goes to plan, will soon be overtaken by the likes of Kenny Bromwich, Tohu Harris and Mahe Fonua (whom I expect will become a backrower in time). But for the time being he offers good leadership and depth in our forward stocks.

Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
There's no chance in hell that Storm are going to keep Cooper if his asking price for 2013 will be $800,000 and tbh as much as I love him as a player, I certainly don't think he's worth that much money.

The rumours are that Souths and the Roosters are the main clubs that want him, but surely even they would struggle to fit him under the salary cap......unless Russell Crowe can pull out a rabbit from his bag of tricks!

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Australia Cricket,League,Union team
Everyone and their dog has been linked to the Roosters and ever since Russel has taken over the Rabbitohs the same could be said. We will have to wait and see what pans out. One thing that is certain is Cronk is in a very strong position to set himself up for the last 5 years or so of his career and then life after football.

Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
Everyone and their dog has been linked to the Roosters and ever since Russel has taken over the Rabbitohs the same could be said. We will have to wait and see what pans out. One thing that is certain is Cronk is in a very strong position to set himself up for the last 5 years or so of his career and then life after football.

He'll be 29 by then and any club wanting to sign him for 5 years on that much money would be negligent.

Would be a massive loss. I was surprised that the board is resigned to losing him. The amount of kids we have I would have thought we could offer 550-650k a year. I just wonder if money is put aside to bring GI back.

Will be interesting come end of year.

Back