NRL 2012 Melbourne Storm Thread

Discussion in 'Rugby League' started by Jobe3votes, Nov 18, 2011.

Put it out there
  1. azza29

azza29 Team Captain

Essendon
    Other teams:
    I was more thinking that the trial could be played in Launceston, then a regular season match in Hobart. Definitely want the trial to be against a big rival where possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. storm fan

storm fan Club Legend

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Australia Cricket,League,Union team
    I don't think you should be taking Storm/Broncos games away from Melbourne to Hobart due to the big crowd pulling power the Broncos have in Melbourne. It should be a team that doesn't pull a big crowd in Melbourne. Rugby League has a advantage that most in Tasmania don't know much about it so to get a foot hold down there it doesn't matter what teams you send. Perhaps send a excitement machined team like the Wests Tigers (sorry Meltigers) or the Cowboys.

3. meltiger

meltiger Premiership Player

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    I just don't want to have to go down there lol It's a fair view though.

You are right, it would be the height of stupidity to take one of the marquee games down there.

4. CooperCronk

CooperCronk Club Legend

Other teams:
    Victory
    I love Tassie and been there a number of times, but I didn't realise there was an intense rivalry between Hobart and Launceston. Now here is a dilema, what if Launceston may want to see some rugby league games?

I know the Hawks and Saints play some games in Tassie so can you tell me whether its in Hobart or Launceston?

5. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    St Kilda dont play there anymore.

Hawthorn partially relocated there (4 games / 1/3 of their games). That's in Launceston.

There was talk of the competition ****s Nth Melbourne going to Hobart. Don't know if that ever happened though?

6. azza29

azza29 Team Captain

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Hawks play four games in Launceston, North will play two in Hobart this year.

7. Andrew Mc

Andrew Mc Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Werribee Tigers
    Noticed tonight that the Storm don't have a sponsor for the back of their jersey. This something they are working on?

8. tugga

tugga Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Massive rivallry and has been a real sticking point in getting anything and anyone to play there.
    It was an unspoken agreement that launny would have the AFL and hobart would have the cricket. Now that has all changed.
    Didn't they sign host plus again a week or so ago? Might have only been a minor sponsor. I bought a media cap this week and Crown isnthe only sponsor on it so you are probably right.

9. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    Decent start to the year. Have to laugh at a team that goes the field goal too early then gets beat :D

10. tugga

tugga Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    72 minutes is not too early if you have the defence to then finish the job. Raiders didn't show much defence all night though.

11. The AXXXMAN

The AXXXMAN Debutant

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Contemplating coming down to Mebourne for their match against the might of South Sydney. What are ticket sales like for the home opener at Swan St Stadium, March 11?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    You'll be fine. Zero chance of a sell out.

13. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    8 minutes is a long time. As the green filths found out yday.

14. The AXXXMAN

The AXXXMAN Debutant

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Cheers.

You wouldnt be on the LU forums under the same name by any chance? I've had a read of some of the crap over there. So preoccupied with AFL and flinging personal insults at each other. Rarely any decent discussion about rugby league. The forums on that site are the worst advertisement for rugby league.

15. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    LOL Yes I am.

They aren't so bad, once you wade through the trolling ;)

If you do head down, one thing I'd recomend is looking at buying a decent seat. the good seats can be decent value given GA / entirely behind the goal line costs so bloody much.

16. azza29

azza29 Team Captain

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Haha too true. I've never seen the word 'merkin' used in quite so many contexts...

Or grab a single game membership (aka the 'Try Pass') for $19, makes GA a bit cheaper.

17. The AXXXMAN

The AXXXMAN Debutant

Sydney
    Other teams:
    that's the word filter. I know 'c..t' automatically becomes 'merkin'.......first hand experience.

but IMO, the gutter doesn't adequately describe the forums. the majority are keyboard warriors.

cheers for the tips guys. let's see how the rabbits perform tomorrow night. if i dont walk out 10mins before the end of game from sheer frustration due to their ill-discipline, then a road trip with a few mates for the weekend is probably on. hopefully madge has instilled some steel into the team this off-season.

18. tugga

tugga Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    You will be fine just turning up, but as mt said, it would be worth getting a decent seat on the sideline beforehand. Hopefully you enjoy he experience, but not too much;)

19. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    Ah yes. Single game one is great value.

Can only assume club is wearing a loss on that to try and get people in.

20. storm fan

storm fan Club Legend

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Australia Cricket,League,Union team
    A little disappointed with the win. We didn't play like the Storm, was very expansive with our attack and had plenty of drop ball. I may not be paying the Raiders as much credit as I should though.

21. year of the roo

year of the roo Premium Platinum

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    I don't think you are paying the rain the credit you should, to be honest. We won't play in conditions like that again for a while. I'm sure we will execute the game plan better in drier conditions.

Looking forward to the likes of Chambers, Fonua, Blair, Ryles coming in and replacing the likes of Quinn, Lowrie and Nielsen too. Huge improvement right there.

22. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    ^ roo pretty much similar to what I said on the Brisbane thread. Not going to fully judge any team that played in NSW over the weekend given the once in a gen weather event going on.

I expect a far more Melbourne like performance next week.

23. CooperCronk

CooperCronk Club Legend

Other teams:
    Victory
    Cam Smith and of course the kick from Cronk to Billy saved our skins.

Now Mrs. Furner has come out and complained about some sort of chin-strap tackle and ran to the media to have a whinge:D

Mind you the Raiders played the Storm in a trial and won...nothing was mentioned about any chin tackles then. Nor in the trial again the Broncos in Hobart.

24. tugga

tugga Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Furner won't be around in a month so we won't have to listen to him squeal like a pig.

25. meltiger

Richmond
    Other teams:
    YNWA
    Were the Melbourne players attacking the heads or not?

Simple as that.

Wish they had actually come down on Bellamy during the scandal and banned the scum from the sport. His tactics are against the best interests of the sport.

& yes, it now appears to have been copied by other teams. Saw both teams (Gosford game) doing it last night.