2012 MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn it, Stoner about to take second, Lorenzo has a sook and stops the race by putting his hand up, cmon.:(

Were you watching the race and just happened to miss the 3 or 4 riders that crashed off the previous lap or 2 ?
The riders are the best ones to judge the conditions and if they think it's dangerous then it should be stopped.

With Dovi crashing it gives Stoner a good chance of finishing 3rd in the championship.He's now 18pts up on Dovi.

Yep! One more lap and Casey gets second. It was dangerous though, so I think the right call was made.

2013 MotoGP won't be the same without Casey.
The only good thing about 2013 is that Rossi will be back on a winning bike, as I really have no love at all for Lorenzo or Pedrosa.

Phillip Island next week, can Casey go out a winner? Probably not, unless it rains.

Were you watching the race and just happened to miss the 3 or 4 riders that crashed off the previous lap or 2 ?
Could be a blessing on disguise Casey said post race it wasn't fully confident and almost pulled out, could of very well lost it at the next corner and there goes Port Phillip. Today really highlights for me how much I'll miss seeing Casey next season.

Don't know why they don't hold races earlier at Sepang as rain is almost always a given in the arvo. Got to love Casey in his podium interview saying he thought if the race went on he could have won it, then panning out seeing Lorenzos face was priceless! As everyone has said, I'm reeeeallly gunna miss Casey for his riding and for his honesty! doesn't hold anything back in his interviews and always speaks his mind. Love the bloke! Have a feeling i will be saying i'm going to miss Casey a lot! Jorges moment on turn 1 just before the red flag could have been game on for the title if he lost it, fantastic save though! Can hardly wait for Friday already for Phillip Island! Maybe a bit more rain and Ant West can go back to back on the podium, the blokes a monster in the wet!

The only good thing about 2013 is that Rossi will be back on a winning bike, as I really have no love at all for Lorenzo or Pedrosa.

Phillip Island next week, can Casey go out a winner? Probably not, unless it rains.

Well the good news is im going, and I have never been to the island on a day it doesn't rain. And i've been there a lot. Good win Casey! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the good news is im going, and I have never been to the island on a day it doesn't rain. And i've been there a lot. Good win Casey! :thumbsu:

I'm off to my first GP at the island this week hoping it rains a bit for ant west too! Very much looking foward to seeing them in the flesh and for Caseys final time around the Island. Sucks about Ben though.

I'm off to my first GP at the island this week hoping it rains a bit for ant west too! Very much looking foward to seeing them in the flesh and for Caseys final time around the Island. Sucks about Ben though.
IT does, but next year we will see him on the podium ;)

Turn 3 at Phillip Island to be named after Casey Stoner. Couldn't be more fitting.
Turn 12 named after Marco Melandri's effort?
Tell me about it.

Turn 12 named after Marco Melandri's effort?

No way, Melandri's was a cool moment but Casey owns turn 3 like no-one else.

I don't think that will change this weekend!

You'll love it. Make sure you get to view Casey go through his own corner (he's amazing) and coming off turn 12 - you can really hear the difference between he and the rest coming onto the straight. His bike is just screaming as he feeds the power in (rapidly) onto the straight whilst the rest of the bikes are popping and farting with traction control desperately fighting wheelspin. Good spots to watch the race include Doohan corner and Siberia with your own eyes, you can see quite a lot of the circuit from there, or MG corner and turn 12 are good with big screens and plenty of action usually happens at that end too.

Well, I'm heading off tomorrow desperately hoping it's not too wet and I don't get blown off my bike by the wind! It will be a happy/sad weekend, ripping to be there watching racing but sucks to be farewelling Casey all too soon. Casey can win I reckon, he owns the joint but it will be very difficult. West is getting better every round so should be a good chance of top 10 regardless of conditions and hopefully Miller and Sissis can have good rides too. Also, Kris McLaren has the chance of a lifetime filling in for the injured Yonny Hernandez so best of luck to him too. there will be plenty of entertainment with the local supports on including the supercross run at the top of Lukey Heights on Saturday night.

Well, that's it for me til next week, will post a report when I'm back and hopefully plenty of good photos.

Anyone watch 1HD today ?

Anthony West was strong :thumbsu: fingers crossed he can do it for the weekend.

Anyone watch 1HD today ?

Anthony West was strong :thumbsu: fingers crossed he can do it for the weekend.
Yeah, in the afternoon just as I was gearing up to watch FP1 from Buddh I realised 'hey! this is the Aus GP so practice will be broadcast!' and switched over.

Bit of a juggle watching MotoGP on the TV and F1 on the laptop but I managed ;)

Stoner is a ******* freak at Phillip Island.

These are the very best motorcycle riders in the entire world, and they're not even in the same universe at PI. Crazy

Now we have to hope that it doesn't rain tomorrow, because it looks as if Lorenzo and Pedrosa will have to be content with fighting for second and letting Casey ride off with yet another Island win.

Casey should retire after this race, no better way to go out than a win on home soil.:)

Rode down to the island today in the cranbourne run - awesome - had lunch and what not on the island then made it home in time to watch Qualifying. Cant wait to watch the best in the world do is thing tomorrow. Really hope he changes his mind about retirement.

Ben Spies is out of the Aussie GP due to injuries [busted rib,AC shoulder seperation,bruised lung] sustained in his Malaysian crash
Won't be replaced for this weekend.
Rode down to the island today in the cranbourne run - awesome - had lunch and what not on the island then made it home in time to watch Qualifying. Cant wait to watch the best in the world do is thing tomorrow. Really hope he changes his mind about retirement.
You should've stayed at PI. There was your chance!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back