2. Bruins v 7. Capitals.
3. Panthers v 6. Devils
4. Penguins v 5. Flyers

West
1. Canucks v 8. Kings
2. Blues v 7. Sharks
3. Coyotes v 6. Blackhawks
4. Predators v 5. Red Wings

I'm sure you all know the schedules. As of yet, no schedule on Fox Sports but there will be at some point, especially now that Fox Footy is open.

Jeez I hope my days off from work coincide with Wings games. The regular season schedule has conflicted with my roster big time. I'd get a Wings game 1 day out of every 4 days off. Anyway predictions for the first round.

East
New York 4 - 2 Washington
Boston 4 - 3 Ottawa
Florida 1 - 4 New Jersey
Pittsburgh 4 - 3 Philadelphia

West
Vancouver 4 - 2 Los Angeles
St Louis 4 - 1 San Jose
Phoenix 2 - 4 Chicago
Nashville 3 - 4 Detroit

Some edits needed.....

Rangers play Senators
Bruins play Capitals

Rangers 4 Senators 2 - Sens give the top seeds a scare
Bruins 4 Capitals 1 - Defending champs have too much depth
Panthers 1 Devils 4 - Brodeur turns back the clock with 3 shutouts
Penguins 4 Flyers 3 - a scoring feast that could go either way

Canucks 4 Kings 2 - Quick steals a couple
Blues 4 Sharks 3 - Sharks take game 7 to double OT
Coyotes 2 Blackhawks 4 - Kane & Hossa stop Smith's golden run
Predators 2 Redwings 4 - one last hurrah for Lidstrom and friends

East
1. Rangers v 8. Senators 4-1
2. Bruins v 7. Capitals 4-3
3. Panthers v 6. Devils 4-1
4. Penguins v 5. Flyers 4-3

West
1. Canucks v 8. Kings 4-1
2. Blues v 7. Sharks 4-2
3. Coyotes v 6. Blackhawks 4-3
4. Predators v 5. Red Wings 4-3

Setting up...
Rangers vs Devils :D
Bruins vs Panthers

and...
Canucks vs Blackhawks
Blues vs Predators

East:
1. New York Rangers v 8. Ottawa Senators
2. Boston Bruins v 7. Washington Capitals
3. Florida Panthers v 6. New Jersey Devils
4. Pittsburgh Penguins v 5. Philadelphia Flyers

West:
1. Vancouver Canucks v 8. LA Kings
2. St Louis Blues v 7. San Jose Sharks
3. Phoenix Coyotes v 6. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Nashville Predators v 5. Detroit Red Wings

Bold for whoever I'm tipping.

Predictions, talk, etc in here

East
1. Rangers v 8. Senators
2. Bruins v 7. Capitals.
3. Panthers v 6. Devils
4. Penguins v 5. Flyers

West
1. Canucks v 8. Kings
2. Blues v 7. Sharks
3. Coyotes v 6. Blackhawks
4. Predators v 5. Red Wings

I'm sure you all know the schedules. As of yet, no schedule on Fox Sports but there will be at some point, especially now that Fox Footy is open.

The west is epic. I seriously could see any of those series going to 7 (might be wishful thinking for my Sharks, but I have faith!)

And Pittsburgh/Philly - shame its Rd 1 and will never be for a Stanley Cup, gonna be awesome.

Everyone seems to be writing Florida off - tend to agree. A bit of a quirky fact - even if they NHL didn't give division winners the top 3 seeds, the Devils and the Panthers would still be meeting, with home ice reversed.

East
Rangers 4 - 2 Senators -- Lundqvist will set himself up for a big playoffs for the first time in his career.
Bruins 4 - 1 Capitals -- Bruins will take care of the fast-finishing Caps. Caps will start two, maybe three, goalies through the series.
Panthers 1 - 4 Devils -- The rats will rain down in Florida, but the Devils will ride Brodeur and Kovalchuk past the Panthers with ease.
Penguins 4 - 2 Flyers -- Can't tip against the Pens.

West
Canucks 4 - 3 Kings -- Kings will take it to the Canucks in what promises to be a long series, but I think the latter will be too strong.
Blues 4 - 2 Sharks -- Blues too strong as Pietrangelo shows no signs of slowing down in his first NHL playoffs.
Coyotes 3 - 4 Blackhawks -- Kane + Hossa have been amazing this year, and will be too strong for Smith and the Coyotes.
Predators 4 - 1 Red Wings -- For one of the few times in recent memory, I'm predicting the Wings will have a short post-season.

East

New York vs Ottawa - New York in 5
Boston V Washington - Boston in 4
Florida Vs New Jersey- New Jersey in 6
Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia - Pittsburgh in 7

West

Vancouver vs LA - Vancouver in 5
St Louis vs San jose - St Louis in 5
Phoenix vs Chicago - Chicago in 6
Nashville vs Detroit - Nashville in 7

East
Rangers in 5 - too strong and too talented for the fading Sens
Bruins in 5 - Caps could take it to 6 or 7 if AO8 lights up but the Bruins look too strong
Devils in 6 - The more experienced Devils outfit should be too good for the Panthers
Penguins in 7 - Awesome match up and the pick of the QFs. Penguins in 7 but the winer will be whichever team has the last man standing

West
Canucks in 5 - they kind of early round playoff series the show ponies in Vancouver will win easily
Blues in 5 - have been the complete team ever since the coaching change and have the goaltending to get this done quickly
Blackhawks in 7 - may be exposing my soft spot for the Hawks here but I think they have the talent to solve Smith
Red Wings in 6 - Wings will find away to get it done. Rinne is quality but has been up and down like a yo yo the last 5 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look in the Foxtel planner before, Cannucks/Kings is on Thursday 12:30pm, Then Pens/Flyers on Saturday 9:30am and Rangers/Sens on Sunday 9am.

Rangers in 5
Bruins in 5
Devils in 5
Pens in 6, afraid that if it goes to game 7 the Flyers may win with their record in our new arena. Plus it would be great to knock them out in their arena

Cannucks in 5
Blues in 6
Blawkhawks in 6
Redwings in 6

East
1. Rangers v 8. Senators - Rangers in 6. Will be a good series though.
2. Bruins v 7. Capitals. - Craps in 6. I fully expect AO8 to have a big series.
3. Panthers v 6. Devils - Devs in 4. Panthers are not 3 seed material. They are barely 8 seed material.
4. Penguins v 5. Flyers - Pens in 5. Too much firepower for them and I think all the guns will be on show in this series. I hope.

West
1. Canucks v 8. Kings - Kings in 7. If LA pressure the Sedins and Quick puts on a clinic, they should win this.
2. Blues v 7. Sharks - Blues in 6. Sharks are lucky to even be where they are considering the dog of a season they have had. Blues should progress with superior defence.
3. Coyotes v 6. Blackhawks - Hawks in 7. Experience counts.
4. Predators v 5. Red Wings - Preds in 5. Wings time has come and gone.

Rangers in 6 - Sens stuggle to score as Lundqvist steps up.
Caps in 7 - We see the Ovechkin of old (10 shots a game). All games are close but the Caps come away with it.
Devils in 5 - Not competitive. Jersey are the far better team and Florida is probably the worst team in the playoffs
Pens in 7 - Awesome series. Bryz stands on his head and Giroux is great, but the Pens stars pull it out.

Canucks in 7 - LA's offense is good and the Nucks switch to Schnieder after game 5 on the verge of elimination, but win the last two to close out the series
Sharks in 6 - St. Louis' goaltending comes back to earth and the Sharks finally play to their potential
Blackhawks in 6 - Toews comes back. Nuff said.
Preds in 7 - Another great series. I could see this going either way.

Just a bit more in depth on the Sens v Rags series. I expect us to lose, but it's not out of the realm of possibilty for us to win. The Sens match up pretty well with the Rangers as they are not far behind New York in terms of physical play and grit. They won the season series 3-1.

Sens have a better offense, with Karlsson and Spezza having the ability to break open a game by themselves, and the Rangers have had trouble containing puck moving defenseman. Alfredsson has had a very good season and has more playoff experience than anyone in this series and Michalek has performed very well on Spezza's wing all season. The Bingo crew (Greening, Smith, Condra etc) are inconsistent but usually chip in with some offense fairly often and Turris has solidified the 2nd line.

However, the defense is prone to weak coverage and the high tempo style often gives golden chances to the opposition. Fortunately, Karlsson is very good defensively against skilled, speedy wingers like Gaborik and will be much more comfortable going head-to-head against him than the likes of Lucic had we played Boston. He will of course be targetted by the Rangers, but is very good at avoiding hits, his first few strides being faster than pretty much any player in the league.

Overall, I think the series will come down to goaltending. Lundqvist has never quite been his dominant self in the playoffs, with a .909 sv% in 35 games, but this year has been his best ever. If Anderson can equal Lundqvist's play, which, while not his average, is possible (ask Bradesmaen), the Sens will probably win. If he doesn't this series isn't going more than 6 and could be a sweep.

Wales

Rangers vs Politicians – New York in 5, Goaltending the big difference
Boo-ins V Crapitals - Boston in 6, Thanks for coming Hunter get back to London
Cats Vs Devils - New Jersey in 4, Well done Florida, no good but no longer the longest streak of missing the playoffs
Penguins vs Bullies - Pittsburgh in 7, Fleury less of a fruit loop than Ilya B

Campbell

Canucks vs Kings - Vancouver in 7, flip a coin
Blues vs Charks - St Louis in 5, too solid in every department
Mongrels vs Blackhawks - Chicago in 5, Toews is back!
Predators vs Wings - Nashville in 6, Predators are finally ready to do something

Rangers vs Senators – New York in 5, Better goalie, better depth in every area. Great effort from the Sens to even get here this soon.
Bruins V Crapitals - Boston in 5, Washington really backed in this year, mainly due to the uselessness of others. Boston too strong in every department.
Cats Vs Devils - New Jersey in 5, I think the Cats can steal one, but they're just not very good and rode a wave of loser points into the playoffs.
Penguins vs Flyers - Pittsburgh in 6, Pick of the 1st round series. Too much star power and forward depth for Philly to handle with a pretty young squad.

Canucks vs Kings - Vancouver in 6, Difference in goalie performances account for a couple of LA wins, but they're not in the same league as the Nucks.
Blues vs Sharks - St Louis in 5, STL are built for playoff hockey. Two strong goalies, great depth up front, solid all around. Too strong.
Coyotes vs Blackhawks - Chicago in 6, On the assumption Captain Intangibles is back. Yotes will play hard as always, but I don't think they'll score enough to win 4 games.
Predators vs Wings - Nashville in 7, Detroit haven't looked overwhelmingly flash, and if Nashville can't make a run this year, then they probably never will.

Looks like Fox Sports is laying an egg again. Oh for the days of the double headers a couple of years ago.

East
1. Rangers v 8. Senators New York in 5
2. Bruins v 7. Capitals Boston in 5
3. Panthers v 6. Devils New Jersey in 6
4. Penguins v 5. Flyers Pittsburgh in 6

West
1. Canucks v 8. Kings Vancouver in 5
2. Blues v 7. Sharks St Louis in 6
3. Coyotes v 6. Blackhawks Chicago in 7
4. Predators v 5. Red Wings Detroit in 7

Day off tomorrow to watch the nucks take care of business, can't see kings penetrating through

Looks like Fox Sports is laying an egg again. Oh for the days of the double headers a couple of years ago.
I thought they did it last year.. oh well. At least they have some sunday games now due to no Footy on FS. Just wish I could get a sharks game when I'm at home... stupid full time work hours! Time to buy the gamecentre live app.

East

New York vs Ottawa - New York in 5
Boston V Washington - Boston in 6
Florida Vs New Jersey- New Jersey in 6
Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia - Pittsburgh in 7

West

Vancouver vs LA - Vancouver in 5
St Louis vs San jose - St Louis in 6
Phoenix vs Chicago - Phoenix in 7
Nashville vs Detroit - Nashville in 7

Thanks for making me look like a stooge, Brades.

My tips re done.

East
New York 4 - 2 Ottawa - Great turnaround from the Sens but Rags too good in 6 closely contested games.
Boston 4 - 1 Washington - Just don't rate the Caps much anymore.
Florida 1 - 4 New Jersey - Goaltending the difference here.
Pittsburgh 4 - 3 Philadelphia - Pens in a brutal 7 game series. Can see this being very high scoring.

West
Vancouver 4 - 2 Los Angeles - Will be a tight series. Kings will need something big from Richards to support Kopitar but I can't see it.
St Louis 4 - 1 San Jose - Blues almost unbeatable at home, very strong on the road. Sharks will make a go of it and make a 4-1 loss as tight as possible but they won't really be in it.
Phoenix 2 - 4 Chicago Come on Smitty I hope you can do it for the greater good of the hockey world. Brain says Hawks in 6.
Nashville 3 - 4 Detroit - 2 reasons. First, homer. Second, Wings almost healthy after a disastrous last 6 weeks with injury so we finally have a team out on the ice that can actually win a game. Mule needs to start kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back