Oppo Camp 2012 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How ironic.

being on saturday gives the winner a better break going into week 2 than if we played on sunday.

kayaz is obviously talking best case scenario, on the proviso we actually win. no one here has banked this win already, and rightfully so.

stop being so precious, and get off our board if slightly poorly worded posts on the cats board are going to upset you so much.

Is this right folks?

As far as I can understand if we knock off Freo we must play Adelaide or Sydney away and then come back for a prelim at the G against Hawthorn or Collingwood?

If so I think the likely path we will have to try and get through is:

Fremantle (MCG)

Adelaide (AAMI)

Hawthorn (MCG)

Sydney/Collingwood (MCG)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be in absolute shock if Adelaide knocks off Sydney this week.
Adelaide have won 8 of the last 10 against the Swans and seem to have the wood on them.

Adelaide have won 8 of the last 10 against the Swans and seem to have the wood on them.

Yeah mate, I know the history and relevant stats but I genuinely believe when it comes to the big stage and finals footy, Sydney will just be too tough. (even in Adelaide)

I can't see how Collingwood won't make the GF, unless they potentially run into us in the prelim.

If they lose to Hawks, they will play West Coast or North Melbourne at the 'G in week two (can you see them losing to either?) and the winner of Adelaide v Sydney away in the prelim. They haven't lose to Sydney since 2005 and have lost to Adelaide just once since 2007 - Pies would definitely fancy themselves against either with good reason.

The other alternative is if they get up over the Hawks and play us, Freo, Sydney or Adelaide in the prelim at the 'G. We'd be the only realistic chance to beat them.

pretty impressive record and they beat them earlier in the year by like a goal at the SCG of all places also

I can't see how Collingwood won't make the GF, unless they potentially run into us in the prelim.

If they lose to Hawks, they will play West Coast or North Melbourne at the 'G in week two (can you see them losing to either?) and the winner of Adelaide v Sydney away in the prelim. They haven't lose to Sydney since 2005 and have lost to Adelaide just once since 2007 - Pies would definitely fancy themselves against either with good reason.

The other alternative is if they get up over the Hawks and play us, Freo, Sydney or Adelaide in the prelim at the 'G. We'd be the only realistic chance to beat them.

definitely can. personally, i would be surprised if they beat either. getting north on the return from perth might help them, though. of course, i also wouldnt be surprised if they beat them both.

edit - nice contradiction... i mean, the games could easily go either way. collingwood look pretty bad right now.

you are right on their prelim match up though, if they make it. travelling to sydney or adelaide will not worry collingwood.

(can you see them losing to either?)

Eagles looked good once they changed their style against Hawthorn at quarter time.
They could really cause Collingwood big troubles because remember last year they only lost by 20 points in that final and then again at the G a couple of months ago, lost by less than a kick

Can someone enlighten me to as when we would likely play in the second week if we happen to make it?

Friday night or Saturday?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back