Golf 2012 PGA/European Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like it is Phil's to lose.

Journos don't have to delete their "will this be the year an Aussie wins at Augusta" story for another year.

Edit: **** channel 10, what a disgraceful network. :thumbsdown:

I'm on board the Bubba train.

I said Badds might win on Easter Sunday due to the religious angle, well Bubba is just as devout as Badds is, if not more.

Nothing against Phil, if he wins he goes up there with the all time great with 4 wins at Augusta, but I'd like to see Louis or Bubba win.

And OMG, WTF happened to Rory? That's two years in a row now he's played some of the worst golf you'd ever see at Augusta, ruining his chances in a few holes.

I'm also on the Bubba train. Went close at the PGA in 2010 and has been good on the tour for a couple of years now, so I'd like him to get the major.

Shrek has a British Open in his bag, so I'd rather a new major winner.

Yeah, I'll be going for Bubba too, always fun to watch and would be nice to see him win a major. Have a feeling Mickelson will take this one, just shaping up perfrectively for him. Oosterhsien is the only one to watch out for really, he's playing the sort of golf that won him the open, I guess we are all expecting for Hanson to choke?

Oh and Badds, 5 over for the last 5 holes, seriously? After eagling 13 and your playing partner is tearing the course the apart, what a goose....

A playoff.:thumbsu:

I thought Bubba was going to hold that putt on 18, but he just misread it a bit.

Oh well, I don't really care which one wins, both great guys, both never won a Masters obviously either.:)

Well done Bubba.:thumbsu:

In the end it was the right result, Louis never really had a shot/putt to win it, while Bubba could have won it on 18 the first 2 times, and obviously the last playoff hole also.

Louis was brave, a great effort, he'll win more majors for sure.:)

If Bubba had a short game, he would have won by 30 shots.

Even though you have to have an amazing short game to win the Masters, it goes to show that if you smack the par 5s, and give yourself chances, you can have success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bubba! :thumbsu: Played a great back nine and then of course that shot on the 2nd playoff hole was incredible. This guy has serious game, never thought he would get to these heights when he was playing on our tour a few years back but now he does has the potential to win quite a few tournaments. Fantastic that such a self taught swing can win.

Thought Louie was going to win the way he was holing his putts all around, that albatross really didn't even look like not going in the hole.

And a 66 final round from Scott to get the top 10, good round but way too late.

Great story, well done Bubba! The Masters rarely fails to deliver :thumbsu:.

He deserved to win, but must have been a little bit hard for Charl to hand over that green jacket, not only for the way he played himself in defending it, but I'm sure he would've like his good friend Louis to win it too. That said, Louis acknowledged that Bubba played fantastic and deserved to win.

Overall, another fantastic ending to one the most special tournaments of any sport, anywhere in the world. Needs some more Aussie flavour next year, though :cool:

The boy is finally a Tour Winner... well done Rick :):thumbsu:

How did he get to the playoff though? Did Rory 3-putt from where his approach landed? Sheesh, thought it was all over...

Oh yeah forgot about that, thought Rory was tied with Points on the last. All makes sense now, seeing where Points hit his approach. Cheers :thumbsu:

Was actually one of the better non major tournaments I've seen for a while. Had a good feel the whole way through, some big leaderboard moves throughout the 4 days. Nice course as well.

Nice write up Matty, one of the best tournaments all year without doubt. It definitely has that feel of a Major about it too, and with time will only be more and more highly regarded. :)

Any chance of an Aussie victory here? None in really cracking form right now, but some decent signs from Geoff and Jason last week.

Any chance of an Aussie victory here? None in really cracking form right now, but some decent signs from Geoff and Jason last week.
Scott and Day are the two Aussies to follow this week.

Day is the most talented player we have, and seems to love the big stage, but he couldn't perform at the masters because of injury.

And Scott, as we know, can play around here, and his recent form has been ok, without being blinding.

I could easily see either, or both in contention come Sunday (well Monday Morning our time).:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back