Game Day 2012 Prelim Hawthorn v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely devastated, ****in great effort though, umpires raped us but have come to expect this. That Scott Thompson in the back worst decision in history of the game

everyone lets just spare a thought for each other and drink our sorrows away tonight

See....this is it....I have no sorrows LOL. We did everything possible to win tonight. Yes, some decisions didn't go our way, but we can't change that. Be proud of our great year and have a drink to the joy they've provided us!

Yes it did but we came back from that and that was gutsy

Yep, such a turnaround from the last couple of years. The 22 out there today did us all proud and the whole team gave us an unbelievable year of footy and some amazing highs to look back on when the pain subsides. Success is not far away for us!

Unlucky today ladies n gents. Really looked better than a 'team with a soft draw' which I was guilty of preaching myself, though I know what it's like as we had a 'soft draw' last year but you can only beat who you play.

Anyway well done on a great year, hopefully it's an all non-vic top 4 next year!

When the hurt subsides you should be so proud of your side, they were magnificent.
I was cheering every Adelaide goal. Pity you were outnumbered by a few on the field at times...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like nearly everyone else thought Hawks were going to thrash the Crows, proven wrong, honest effort, not helped by horrible umpiring. Can't take anything away from the Crows, played tough all night.

10 more scoring shots is a thrashing, except for the final margin. Not hearing much about the reversal of the free after the coat hanger? That was there, but Franklin's not?

10 more scoring shots is a thrashing, except for the final margin. Not hearing much about the reversal of the free after the coat hanger? That was there, but Franklin's not?
the search for someone, anyone to coach you getting a bit tough champ? no wonder no-one wants to go there with quality like you about!

I am so proud of our boys. Against all odds including the umpires, they gave it a damn good shot.
2013, 2014, 2015 are ours.
ps Petrenko was our only weakness

Can only see us going upwards from here. I feel more confident about the improvement of the team compared to the end of '09.

Tippett or no Tippett, we'll most certainly be up thereabouts in the top 4.

Clarko put it nicely, thats what finals footy is all about, if you don't convert your opportunities you may lose, kind of like Geelong lost the grand final against the Hawks. The fact is; Hawthorn didn't put the Crows away, and as a result they were very lucky to come away with the win. 30 more seconds and it may have been.

I also seem to remember a game for us against the kangaroos a few years back, where they kicked like 21.3 up to a point. Not much you can do if you play just as good but kick 15.20. You see it don't mean s**t how many times you go inside 50, its how effectively you use it.

This is why the footy world was wrong for assuming Hawks would thrash the Crows.

The four that stick in my mind were:
1. The hawk player tackled legit at a centre square bounce who just releases the ball with one hand- incorrect disposal :mad: - picked up delivered lace out ...goal to Hawthorn In the last quarter near the end right? If so I think it was Savage, I remember vividly cracking it at that.
2. Thommos tackle at CHF paid against for in the back ...* off U maggot.:thumbsdown: Did outstandingly well to turn Mitchell and NOT land on his back.
3. Luke Thompson doesnt take the advantage give the face palm - no one listening - had to play on from the compromise-WTF!!o_O I wonder if it's because (Rutten?) had already handballed and subsequently played on? I have a feeling that's what happened, but still rough.
4. Tippett had an octopus over his shoulder right in front - play on:rolleyes: Don't recall but let's stick with the shitty umpiring theme!

On the advantage call, it was absolutely disgraceful. The free kick was paid, L. Thompson stopped and appealed for the advantage. Put up his hand, stopped moving, made direct eye contact with the umpire. He waited for the call, it didn't come. Finally he figured the umpire wasn't going to call it, so he had better play on - and as soon as he did, the umpire yelled "ADVANTAGE!" That made it abundantly clear that it was not deemed advantage already by this stage.

How could the umpire have possibly misread the situation so badly, short of having done it deliberately? It was absolutely baffling and from memory it cost us a goal almost immediately.

Sando was spot on when he said that we would have to play at our best and the Hawks would have to be slightly off their game. If they had kicked straight the game would have been over at three quarter time. They only played at their best for ten minutes at the start of the third quarter. However nothing should be taken away from our guys. we played with spirit and realy took it up to them. With just a little more help from the umpires we could have won. Regardless, our team won a lot of respect tonight and we can look forward to next season.

Sando was spot on when he said that we would have to play at our best and the Hawks would have to be slightly off their game. If they had kicked straight the game would have been over at three quarter time. They only played at their best for ten minutes at the start of the third quarter. However nothing should be taken away from our guys. we played with spirit and realy took it up to them. With just a little more help from the umpires we could have won. Regardless, our team won a lot of respect tonight and we can look forward to next season.

Stop undermining our boys. They played as well as we let them. Massive pride that they matched the best side in the comp for 4 quarters and fell short by less than a kick.

I can only hope this motivates them to improve over the off season.

Adelaide Crows 2013 premiers here we come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back