Game Day 2012 Prelim Hawthorn v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 5, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
cranky crikeys
Crows played well. Never say die and when stiffy slotted one I thought you might get there. Hawks threatened twice but you found a way back in. I don't the week off is as much of an advantage as people think. Hawks looked a little rusty at times.

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
Far too proud of the boys' efforts to bother wasting my time blaming the umps. I feel it takes away the effort shown by all our boys. To go from where we were last year to where we are now, less than a kick from a grand final it makes me swell with pride and no shitty umpiring decisions can take that away or make me feel any less proud of the boys. There will be no 'what ifs' from me this year, only fond memories of 'what was'.

After tonight, I can wish Kurt a fond farewell, he made up for the last two weeks of ineptitude.

This is maybe one of our greatest losses ever. Hopefully our heartache this year is rewarded by further success next year.
Mate....awesome first post

Considering our 2013, I still find it hard to believe we were in front with 5:26 to go in the 4th quarter in a preliminary final against the Hawks.
:confused:
I'd have said the opposite.
We were good at blowing leads late this year.....
Eerily similar with that game ;)

Our 2012 year was far better than Power's 2013.:thumbsu:
On that, it really confuses me.
Why do they go on about having a better future than us?
Last showdown our squad had a lower average age.
And we're final bound and they're not if Monfries offbreak didn't go through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that, it really confuses me.
Why do they go on about having a better future than us?
Last showdown our squad had a lower average age.
And we're final bound and they're not if Monfries offbreak didn't go through.

People don't like us - Simple. Reasoning is that we've had a lot of on field success in the last 7 or 8 years, whereas Port Adelaide have been woeful, so people feel sorry for them and get a soft spot. I am quite happy to support a hated team, because hated teams win matches. Hawthorn, Collingwood, Sydney, they are all hated, and they win games. Port, Richmond, Gold Coast have been well liked over the past few years and they don't win games.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Considering our 2013, I still find it hard to believe we were in front with 5:26 to go in the 4th quarter in a preliminary final against the Hawks.

And its typical for Adelaide to come back the following season and disappoint us. 2013 was a failure.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
People don't like us - Simple. Reasoning is that we've had a lot of on field success in the last 7 or 8 years, whereas Port Adelaide have been woeful, so people feel sorry for them and get a soft spot. I am quite happy to support a hated team, because hated teams win matches. Hawthorn, Collingwood, Sydney, they are all hated, and they win games. Port, Richmond, Gold Coast have been well liked over the past few years and they don't win games.

We have?

notsureifserious.jpg
It's a fair point.
When people look back on history do they remember the also rans?
Who lost the 2001 preliminary finals? I sure don't remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back