moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I saw some of that! Castleford were very good, considering the conditions.

Even down South where I am we had snow on Saturday, about an inch. All gone now, though.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Watched the highlights tonight of what looked a terrific game between Wigan and Leeds at the weekend. Wigan looked very sharp indeed, both in attack and defence. Frankly I'd be much more confident if it were them, rather than Leeds, facing Manly on Friday, with a fine hat-trick from their young wing Josh Charnley, who is already looking at least as good as Chris Ashton, if not better. That said, Leeds had their moments, with prop Jamie Jones-Buchanan impressive along with the effervescent Rob Burrow, who so lit up the Grand Final.

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Australia Cricket,League,Union team
Round 2
St Helens 38-10 Salford City Reds
Wigan Warriors 20-10 Leeds Rhinos
Warrington Wolves 50-10 London Broncos (Disappointing)
Wakefield Wildcast 10-22 Hull KR
Huddersfield Giants 66-6 Widnes Vikings
Castleford Tigers 12-20 Bradford Bulls (Disappointing)

Catalan Dragons v Hull FC postponed due to a frozen pitch.

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
On Widnes I agree. I think you'll see the Broncos improve as the season goes on though and will peak in the back half of the season.

Warrington are in a golden patch at the moment.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Well, London look better than Widnes, I agree, but I can't see them doing that much. Warrington were comfortably the best side in the ESL last season and came away with nothing, despite scoring the most points, most tries, etc. I only saw very brief highlights of the Warrington/London game, but they certainly looked sharp, with Lee Briers well to the fore. Watching him for Wales in the Four Nations, I couldn't help wishing he was English and five years younger.

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
True. Not all of London's opposition will be as good as them though.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I shall aim to get down to London for a few games this season.

Unfortunately, any lingering ideas I had about going to the WCC in Leeds have been written off cos my car needs a new clutch, and there's no way I'm doing a 500 mile trip on my bike in February!

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
Its so damn hard to follow the ESL when its not on fta or fox.

SF are some games shown in Q'ld and NSW atm?

I just hope this new commission sorts this out for people who have an interest in ESL.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
It'd better not be on fta when it's not on fta in the UK! :) And sadly the little netboook I'm borrowing isn't really up to watching it by, er, alternative means...

However, a shiny new laptop should be arriving tomorrow. :)

Really wanted to watch Leeds/Warrington at the weekend. I'll bet it was a cracker.

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Its so damn hard to follow the ESL when its not on fta or fox.

SF are some games shown in Q'ld and NSW atm?

I just hope this new commission sorts this out for people who have an interest in ESL.

Unfortunately not, the ESL TV deal for Australia came to a end at the end of last year. I have heard the RFL are talking to a few stations about showing it but they are all more worried about the up-coming NRL TV deal.

Ch 9 did have the rights but showed it at midnight on Monday night, another case of ch 9 screwing Rugby League.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
A compelling and bruising contest between Wigan and Warrington tonight, with the Wolves just shading it by a penalty to win 20-22.

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Just the highlights package, looked to be a ripper of a match.

Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
It's been awhile since I've been able to watch the Super League. I hope you are right.

Same here. I made a point of even pre-setting games when they were on Fox a few years ago and I really miss them.

Imagine if rugby league had its own station like the afl, it would be filled up in no time with heaps of local and international games.

I'm sure Foxtel would gain a lot of extra subs if they set up that extra station.

storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Rather just have Fox Sports 1 remain and become a League only channel.

Does anyone know why 6 games of football were played on one day in the Super League, Motto might know. I heard something about a world record attempt. It certainly devliered a lot of unpredictable results.

Back