2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a rumour today that Barny have secured former Richmond player Matty Richardson to play in their R18 home game v Chiltern. Is this true or rubbish?

anyone catch the game between chiltern and thurgoona?? thurgoona just winning although ive heard a few rumours spreading about some trouble at out that way...

anyone catch the game between chiltern and thurgoona?? thurgoona just winning although ive heard a few rumours spreading about some trouble at out that way...

Happened to be an interested on looker at the game on Saturday and it was a very physical clash to say the least.
If the way Durbidge was treated was the same as how Beggs from Mitta was treated then no wonder he knocked a blokes teeth out.
Going to give credit to Jack, Brian and the team at Chiltern. To stay in the game the way they did and almost pinch it goes to show how far they have come after winning just 3 games last year. To push last years runner up like that they will go a long way into the TDFL finals.

My top 5 after round 18 Thurgoona, Chiltern, Mitta, Kiewa and Barny.

GF - Chiltern Vs Mitta.

Happened to be an interested on looker at the game on Saturday and it was a very physical clash to say the least.
If the way Durbidge was treated was the same as how Beggs from Mitta was treated then no wonder he knocked a blokes teeth out.
Going to give credit to Jack, Brian and the team at Chiltern. To stay in the game the way they did and almost pinch it goes to show how far they have come after winning just 3 games last year. To push last years runner up like that they will go a long way into the TDFL finals.

My top 5 after round 18 Thurgoona, Chiltern, Mitta, Kiewa and Barny.

GF - Chiltern Vs Mitta.

great game of footy, apart from the brawl at half time, but to both sides credit they played footy after half time. chiltern stiff not to win thought they were the better side after half time, but their execution in front of goal in wet conditions wasnt as good as thurgoona's and that was the difference. cranage was clean inside 50 for thurgoona with a couple of ripper goals. would make for a great re-match if they got the chance to play each other in a final.

just one question though, did thurgoona give their video man the day off, he seemed to be missing????? wonder why this was?

great game of footy, apart from the brawl at half time, but to both sides credit they played footy after half time. chiltern stiff not to win thought they were the better side after half time, but their execution in front of goal in wet conditions wasnt as good as thurgoona's and that was the difference. cranage was clean inside 50 for thurgoona with a couple of ripper goals. would make for a great re-match if they got the chance to play each other in a final.

just one question though, did thurgoona give their video man the day off, he seemed to be missing????? wonder why this was?
Had a look at this game at the weekend and it was a full on slog. The ground was a bog hole.Thurgoona are blaming the city council for haveing the sprinklers on all Friday night. This also happened when they played Wahgunyah.You would think they would have spoken to them by last weekend. I hope the Bulldogs get their act together before their next home game.
Thurgoona are pushing the spirit of the game and it is not hard to see how the game got out of control .The umpires could have made a stand early but thay just had no idea.
Umpire advicer Dale Gleeson at the game and i hope he had some harsh words to his charges.

a few late clearances in.. chris lewis to kiewa, kade duel to chiltern and cameron mcneil to barnawartha all pending! any other movements ??

a few late clearances in.. chris lewis to kiewa, kade duel to chiltern and cameron mcneil to barnawartha all pending! any other movements ??
Kiewa look to be the big winners in the late season pickups with Ryan Wallace from Albury, Chrs lewis, Zac Simmons, one other not sure who, and have heard a cleareance for Jason Bartel is lodged as well if this is correct they will be very hard to beat in the big one.Also heard Wodonga is not happy with KSC as they are struggling for numbers as well, but thats what happens when they bring in guys like Shir to play in front of others who may have deserved a spot.

Round 11 done, everyone has played each other once, as good a time as any to review & predict.

1. Thurgoona 10 wins. Have Wah (a), Bar (a), Bee (h), Tal (a), Rut (a), Mit (h), KSC (h). Prediction 15 wins 2nd.
2. Kiewa 9 wins. Play Rut (h), Wah (h), Yac (a), Ded (h), Wod (h), Chi (a), Thu (a). Predict 16 wins 1st.
3. Mitta 9 wins. Play Yac (a), Ded (h), Chi (a), Wod (h), Tal (h), Thu (a), Bee (a). Predict 14 wins 3rd.
4. Chiltern 8 wins. Have Bee (h), Tal (a), Mit (h), Rut (a), Wah (h), KSC (h), Bar (a). Predict 13 wins 5th.
5. Barnawartha 7 wins. Play Wod (a), Thu (h), Wah (a), Bee (a), Ded (a), Tal (h), Chi (h). Predict 14 wins 4th.
6. Yackandandah 6 wins. Play Mit (h), Rut (a), KSC (h), Wah (a), Bee (h), Ded (a), Tal (a). Predict 10 wins 6th.
7. Dederang 5 wins. Have Tal (h), Mit (a), Rut (h), KSC (a), Bar (h), Yac (h), Wod (a). Predict 9 wins.
8. Wahgunyah 5 wins have a shocking run home and would have to claim some big scalps to put themselves in the 5.

Kiewa look to be the big winners in the late season pickups with Ryan Wallace from Albury, Chrs lewis, Zac Simmons, one other not sure who, and have heard a cleareance for Jason Bartel is lodged as well if this is correct they will be very hard to beat in the big one.Also heard Wodonga is not happy with KSC as they are struggling for numbers as well, but thats what happens when they bring in guys like Shir to play in front of others who may have deserved a spot.

So your saying KSC are winners for bringing in 4-5 new players mid season who will take existing players spots yet Wodonga bring in 1 club great and that is a bad move....can't figure that one out DJ?

I wonder if the powers that be would ever consider moving the clearance date forward (eg. to 30 April).

Just my opinion, but too many blokes jump ship because of a minor disagreement, selection issue or to jump on a winning bandwagon. I know nothing about the recent clearance applications so not saying thats whats happening in those instances, but whats wrong with seeing out the season at a club where a commitment was made at the start?

I realise sometimes there are good reasons to switch (eg. relocation of residence) but too often the rich just get richer. By 30 April there has been a month of footy, surely thats long enough for somebody to know if they want to continue to commit to their current club or not. Again, just my opinion

Chiltern vs Beechworth - Chance for a big win for the Swans as they host the Bushrangers.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Rutherglen - Another potential lopsided match with the Hawks looking to boost percentage at the Cats expense.
Wodonga Saints vs Barnawartha - Chalk up another blow-out; this time for the Tigers over the Saints.
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Tallangatta - Could be some high scores across the League and add the Bombers to that list here over the Grasshoppers.
Wahgunyah vs Thurgoona - Can't see the injury-hit Lions being able to muzzle the Bulldogs in this one.
Yackandandah vs Mitta United - On paper the best match of the round with the Mountain Men to leave with the points from the Kangaroos.

Knock ! Knock !
Anyone Home ?
Been absolutely quiet here this week .....

Barnawartha vs Thurgoona - The Buldogs are really smarting after the pounding last week and aren't likely to give the Tigers any latitude.
Beechworth vs Wodonga Saints - The Saints look like tey have gone off the boil and the Bushrangers will be looking for a big robbery of points.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Wahgunyah - Massive upset win by the Lions last week and have another challenge this week against the Hawks who will definately be aware of the danger.
Mitta United vs Dederang Mt Beauty - Top spot has opened up for the Mountain Men and will be looking to shoot down the Bombers and kill off any finals hope.
Rutherglen vs Yackandandah - Interesting game here and think it could be a nice and close one, giving it to the Kangaroos over the Cats, just.
Tallangatta vs Chiltern - The Swans can smell a potential top two or three position and must squash the Grasshoppers here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if anyone is looking for a good full forward they should grab Wodonga Saints Janesch. Any player who can kick 6 out 7 goals is very handy. I watched him against Barny if the ball goes down there he delivers.If he was in a better side can't image how many he would kick. The other thing I noticed was the lack of Wodonga Saints suppporters. Barny had 50ish there and Saints struggled to get people/players to hang around.

Gone gone gone. Word is that they have over spent and asked a few of the higher paid players to rest so they can pay the electricity bill, players not happy and have walked out. Well done Tony

Is it a bit eager to suggest the Wodonga Saints will win their first flag before Thurgoona?

Keyboard courage is better than none at all :thumbsu:

you are probably right noah fence (if that was aimed at my comment). we are all guilty of it on here (yourself included). its what makes this forum a laugh. Thought it would be a bit of a controversial comment. no real bites though.

On a serious note, What are your thoughts on Thurgoona? a poor patch of form or something bigger going on? everyone has written them off (including me), and jumped on Kiewa. Dont forget about the Mountain Men, in great from and we all know they only have to make the big dance and they nearly win every time they are there. Could Phil Packer possibly be the best coach in the comp, what makes him so successful up there, from what i have seen he has his players full respect? Massive match between Chiltern and Mitta this saturday, top 3 spot up for grabs for Chiltern or Mitta could cement one for themselves.

With the top five now set, baring any unforseen upsets, as we run into the finals series - although there is still some jockeying for positions to come - trying to predict what some of the non-finalists will do over the next five rounds could be rather tricky.

Dederang Mt Beauty vs Rutherglen - Going for the Bombers, but wouldn't surprise me at all if the Cats upended the Bombers in a game of little consequences.
Wodonga Saints vs Tallangatta - A toss-up game of little importance save for the combatants, with the Grasshoppers taking the Saints halo and consigning them to a winless season.
Chiltern vs Mitta United - Game of the Round that could set up the finals series. Have been impressed with the Swans all season long and expect them to cut down the Mountain Men.
Thurgoona vs Beechworth - The Bulldogs desperately need a strong win and are probably greatful in taking on the Bushrangers this round.
Wahgunyah vs Barnawartha - The Lions went from chocolates to boiled lollies in a week and back at home could surprise the Tigers if the fire in the oven is alight.
Yackandandah vs Kiewa Sandy Creek - Can't see the Hawks having too much trouble here on the Rabbit patch.

Well done to the Saints on having their first win on the weekend, baby steps I know but i'm sure their setting a good platform to win a good half dozen games next year.:thumbsu:

whats everyones thoughts on coaching positions for next season? chiltern, mitta. wodonga saints, beechworth, wahgunyah, rutherglen, would appear to be sorted after appointing coaches last year. Tallangatta also appointed a coach at the start of the year but i'd suspect they'll be on the lookout again. Will Richo stay at kiewa? They've picked up a lot of good local kids late in the season and dont appear to be dropping off in the future. If thurgoona fail to get the chocolates will Gooba get shown the door? can they afford him and other blokes next season? Twyrcross has been at dederang for a few years now with no real evidence of success. Demarte in a similar situation at barny? Clayto i beleive has been great at yack but they would really want to see some finals action next season. could be a very interesting behind the scenes towards the end of the season.

I'm guessing Beechworth will be looking for a new coach after suspending Nick Dillion from playing and coaching indefinatly not football related, Surrey has taken over.
One of the worst stories i've heard of a coach doing to his club, at least all the younger blokes will be happy now

I'm guessing Beechworth will be looking for a new coach after suspending Nick Dillion from playing and coaching indefinatly not football related, Surrey has taken over.
One of the worst stories i've heard of a coach doing to his club, at least all the younger blokes will be happy now

So not a happy Beechworth camp one would assume!!!!!!!!!! Obviously behaviour related..... If this is the case nice to see a country club setting the standard on these off field issues...........

Whisper is Mark Sarau is the favourite to coach Barny next year........ Any truth in this?

What is the story?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back