2012 Season

HAWK20

Jan 11, 2008
Wodonga
Martin Park 2 or Baranduda 2? I think if Walker decides to take a few mates from the TDFL over to Jindera they might be surprised in the difference in leagues. I think some of those mentioned players would be a bit too slow and unfit for the cream of the midfielders in the Hume league on the bigger, open grounds. Hopefully those boys stick loyal to DMB and push up into finals action next season.
My predictions for the weekend are
Thurgoona by 5 points over Mitta
Chiltern by 30 points over Barny

Looking forward to seeing how the Sandy Creek ground comes up for this finals series.:p

Martin Park

Oct 3, 2008
Wodonga
Martin Park 2 or Baranduda 2?
Looking forward to seeing how the Sandy Creek ground comes up for this finals series.:p
After a lot of hard work the boys have managed to get permission to get Club Rooms for Wodonga Saints to call home.
http://www.wodongasaints.com.au/index.php/news/other-news/74-stepping-out-into-the-future1

Finals should be good, will be interesting to see how the ground holds up to all this rain as it is apparently in the best condition ever. I think if its wet Mitta will get up and the other game could go either way.

DanielJohns

Nov 23, 2007
Wodonga
If you are a player then and you say they are all signed up, I find this very hard to believe having talked to a few dederang players myself and they say what I posted last time about training and other stuff...they are not signed up mate and i bet you will lose players. Hill gentile your right what you say about them, Mansell plays 1 good game against saints then can't get a kick against good sides, didn't know about the sims with shoulder problems but u didn't mention his brother he looked real good the few times I seen them. Powell is a kid I would put time into and jones is in any teams best 21 every time I seen him he played good...He is the only one i would take but not this because my doggies are back you say we will go out in straight sets and I say see the hawks in 2 weeks

Read the post mate,players commited nothing said about signing, dissapointing from your mate at Wilsons that he would say these things about the coach when Chops bent over backwards for him, guess we will wait and see how many thay lose.
My bet Sandy Creek a BOG hole come Sunday Arvo

AlanWake

Rookie
Apr 13, 2012
Southern Hemisphere
GWS
Congratulations to the five teams in the race for that elusive premiership - now the serious stuff really begins.

Elimination Final.
Chiltern vs Barnawartha - Expecting an encore performance from the Swans as they repeat last week's big win over the Tigers.
Qualifying Final.
Mitta United vs Thurgoona - Said over past few weeks that the bite was well and truely back in the Bulldogs and after the big win last week will be extremely confident of bring the Mountain Men to their knees.

Big Al 11

Jan 6, 2007
Wodonga
Congratulations to the five teams in the race for that elusive premiership - now the serious stuff really begins.

Elimination Final.
Chiltern vs Barnawartha - Expecting an encore performance from the Swans as they repeat last week's big win over the Tigers.
Qualifying Final.

The mitta boys must have known club legend and footballing inspiration "The Culphmeister" was looking on and rose to the occasion to win for him. Don't think he even paid at the gate or for a beer once the Sandy Creek faithful knew the triple premiership god was in 'his arena'. Doggies will surely bounce back next week otherwise it's going to be another sad end to a season at the kennel.

CHUCKY4

Aug 5, 2007
Thurgoona
Balldale Magpies
Anyone know how the mighty Sandy Creek Stadium held up after 2 games at the weekend? Hope not to many Thurgoona boys got their nice, clean jumpers stained by fresh cow pats:p

redneck fury

Draftee
Mar 30, 2011
The universe
Anyone know how the mighty Sandy Creek Stadium held up after 2 games at the weekend? Hope not to many Thurgoona boys got their nice, clean jumpers stained by fresh cow pats:p
You might need to take a trip out there mate , the surface was beautiful ( saturday anyway ) there was a lot of work put into it this year , so hopefuly it holds up for the next 3 weeks.

Juan Fong

Rookie
Dec 1, 2008
Wodonga
What are everyones thoughts on this weeks Semi finals..?

I think the Mitta v Kiewa game will be a ripper...both sides are capable of going all the way but I think if Fraser doesn't line up for Mitta then Kiewa will just get over the line.

Thurgoona v Barny is another one which could go either way with both sides having a victory over each other during the year...word is that Thurgoona have some massive injury concerns and i think that will end up costing them on the day.

AlanWake

Rookie
Apr 13, 2012
Southern Hemisphere
GWS
My thoughts for you, Juan Fong :

1st Semi Final
Thurgoona vs Barnawartha - The Tigers were probably surprise winners last week while the Bulldogs lost a close one and now it's win or go home for both. Both teams were slow out of the blocks last week and if the Bulldogs get going early they should be able to hold off the Tigers.
2nd Semi Final
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Mitta United - The Hawks have had only the one hiccup, and it was a a big one, in the past two months and should be able to handle the Mountain Men and be the first one to punch their ticket to the big dance.

Shimmer

Feb 4, 2008
Wodonga
Read the post mate,players commited nothing said about signing, dissapointing from your mate at Wilsons that he would say these things about the coach when Chops bent over backwards for him, guess we will wait and see how many thay lose.
My bet Sandy Creek a BOG hole come Sunday Arvo

Just sayin how's that boghole theory holding up? Heap of rain and still pretty as a picture!

CeeBomb

Draftee
May 25, 2012
Has anyone else heard that Matt Jaensch has signed to coach a TDFL club in 2013 ?? Have been informed that he will be taking 3 of the saints best players with him and 5-6 from his old club Barooga to which ever club he will coach !!! Interesting... as most jobs seems to be gone. (Mitta-Gilson, DMB-Almond)

A little chink in the road for the hawks, injurys always play apart. We will be fine. see you in 2 weeks mountain men !!!!

Oct 3, 2008
Wodonga
Has anyone else heard that Matt Jaensch has signed to coach a TDFL club in 2013 ??
Considering 90% of the Senior Players have resigned with Wodonga Saints for the 2013 season, and Matt said his happy at Wodonga and keen to go again next year, I think you may find it is highly unlikely. I think his very much into his cricket, you will find and that may be what he will be doing this summer :)

Some great finals action on the Weekend, I thought the Hawks would have played a more running style of game instead just bombing it long. The surface is great and it will be interesting if they could maintain that standard every year. From all reports players love the surface, this year and it's providing for some great games.:thumbsu:

CeeBomb

Draftee
May 25, 2012
Considering 90% of the Senior Players have resigned with Wodonga Saints for the 2013 season, and Matt said his happy at Wodonga and keen to go again next year, I think you may find it is highly unlikely. I think his very much into his cricket, you will find and that may be what he will be doing this summer :)

Of course you are going to say that, from what I understand the "90% of players signed" all have out clauses in there contracts. And seeing as though he was your only shinning light on the field this season of course you are going to say he is happy and keen to go again.
As I said from what I have heard that is not the case. :thumbsu:

Albert Park

Jan 23, 2007
Albert Park
Has anyone else heard that Matt Jaensch has signed to coach a TDFL club in 2013 ?? Have been informed that he will be taking 3 of the saints best players with him and 5-6 from his old club Barooga to which ever club he will coach !!! Interesting... as most jobs seems to be gone. (Mitta-Gilson, DMB-Almond)

A little chink in the road for the hawks, injurys always play apart. We will be fine. see you in 2 weeks mountain men !!!!

I'm hearing there are quite a few coaching jobs available. Beechworth, Rutherglen, Barnawartha, Thurgoona. Not sure on Yack or Kiewa but both coaches been there a while.

Oct 3, 2008
Wodonga
from what I understand the "90% of players signed" all have out clauses in there contracts
Yes, that's right, Clubs go round signing all their players on contracts with out clauses to go play at other Clubs, what would the point of having a contracts be? Players know and everyone else can see the direction the club is heading, we continue to offer them the chance to stick with us and progress forward into next year, and in offering them the chance they are all happy to sign on for next year and take the Club to a new level and look towards playing finals. We all knew this year was going to be a tough year and with a major part of the group signed on already for next year and Club Rooms of our own on the way, the excitement is starting to grow around the Club. It may seem a long way from next season, but we are working hard to make sure we can do more than compete next season.

DanielJohns

Nov 23, 2007
Wodonga
I'm hearing there are quite a few coaching jobs available. Beechworth, Rutherglen, Barnawartha, Thurgoona. Not sure on Yack or Kiewa but both coaches been there a while.

could be an interesting off season on the coaching front, with the plumb job at Mitta going to Gilson was Packer ever only doing one year, Dederang to announce Almond once his commitments at Howlong are over , Matt Fowler and a couple more from Albury just about over the line at Kiewa, but Albert Parl is right there is a few jobs avaliable

Hard Truths

Rookie
Mar 26, 2012
In town
Heard last night that Rutherglen are heading downhill. There assistant coach(Curtis) has signed with his old club for 2013. Captain(Kay) is stating in Melbourne next year and vice captain(Seymour) is set to retire. Three pretty big losses if all true. Could be a trying year for the cats

two up

May 13, 2010
Huge game this weekend for both clubs involved. A point of discussion for those willing to join in; Which team is under more pressure this week? The dogs as last years runners up have a point to prove, yet have to make it to the big game first. Finishing third after coming second last year, so essentially going backwards, would be a failure for the club in most peoples eyes, I think all at the club would agree. Kiewa on the other hand at least have last years premiership to fall back on, though few clubs would want to suffer the indignity of finishing on top and going out in straight sets. Kind of the opposite of what they did last year. If they lose it would be the second time in four years I think they have failed to make the GF after finishing top?
I'm not sure of the state of both sides though Kiewa i'm led to believe have some injury concerns and of course form concerns having lost their last two games to contenders. Seem to be floundering a bit at the pointy end of the season. Dogs seemed to be playing some pretty good footy, and I think they should be able to progress in under four goals. Whether or not they can go all they way remains to be seen.

Dogs by 22.

AlanWake

Rookie
Apr 13, 2012
Southern Hemisphere
GWS
Preliminary Final
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Thurgoona - The Hawks got winged last week while the Bulldogs were back to their snarling best to set up this tantalising knock-out final. The Bulldogs will be super confident from their important win over the Hawks three weeks back and should repeat the dose to advance to the big dance.

The Wolf

Rookie
Feb 13, 2008
Tangambalanga
Pretty quite on here at the moment considering the time of year. big game for both mitta and thurgoona. i think mitta are favorites but despite that i think all the pressure is on the dogs. i think anything less than a premiership for thurgoona will be an under achievement. mitta on the other hand went through most of the season without much fuss and look to have caught everyone by surprise at the end. should be a cracker but after a pretty bruising game on the weekend for thurgoona, and a week off for mitta, i think mitta by 3 goals.
any news at other clubs? kiewa boys were pretty shattered after the weekend. they were reasonably confident about this year especially after the mid season recruits. i did notice that their team on the weekend was mostly made up of young guys that had played juniors at the club. pretty good effort for them to have such quality youngsters who are prepared to play for the club. i think they'll be in a pretty good position over the next few years.

Albert Park

Jan 23, 2007
Albert Park
Pretty quite on here at the moment considering the time of year. big game for both mitta and thurgoona. i think mitta are favorites but despite that i think all the pressure is on the dogs. i think anything less than a premiership for thurgoona will be an under achievement. mitta on the other hand went through most of the season without much fuss and look to have caught everyone by surprise at the end. should be a cracker but after a pretty bruising game on the weekend for thurgoona, and a week off for mitta, i think mitta by 3 goals.
any news at other clubs? kiewa boys were pretty shattered after the weekend. they were reasonably confident about this year especially after the mid season recruits. i did notice that their team on the weekend was mostly made up of young guys that had played juniors at the club. pretty good effort for them to have such quality youngsters who are prepared to play for the club. i think they'll be in a pretty good position over the next few years.

Yes Wolfy, very quiet considering it's the big week of the year. I don't think any of the sides playing on the weekend will be any more disappointed than the other if they lose, both will be shattered. Chiltern & Kiewa would be the big under-achievers of the year, in my opinion. Is Almond coaching Dederang and if so when will it be announced. Clint Gilson will be confirmed as replacing Packer at Mitta on Monday, bringing a couple from Rand Walbundie with him and talking to old mate Aydan Brown from Raiders. Any news on coaching front at other clubs ? Kiewa, Rutherglen, Beechworth ?

Angry Mal

Jun 10, 2009
Guam
Yes Wolfy, very quiet considering it's the big week of the year. I don't think any of the sides playing on the weekend will be any more disappointed than the other if they lose, both will be shattered. Chiltern & Kiewa would be the big under-achievers of the year, in my opinion. Is Almond coaching Dederang and if so when will it be announced. Clint Gilson will be confirmed as replacing Packer at Mitta on Monday, bringing a couple from Rand Walbundie with him and talking to old mate Aydan Brown from Raiders. Any news on coaching front at other clubs ? Kiewa, Rutherglen, Beechworth ?
Surely you can't be serios Albert Park? Chiltern as an under-achiever? They have gone from second or third last, last year, to one of only a few genuine contenders this year. The big Red Merkin and the rst of the recruiters need to be congratulated with those who they have recruited, especially because they are the kind of players that will be there for years to come. If you regard either side as the under achievers, you are a muppet.

In regards to Gilly coaching Mitta, I'm not too sure how many he would take up there from Rand, but there wouldn't be too many from their senior side that would walk staight into Mitta's 1s. Aiden Brown definately would though, but its really a different type of footy than the Hume league, that and Rand were one of the middle/weaker sides this year. Jesse Dale may be one that Gilly would entice over that would walk into the 1s.

Jeremy Jordan

May 2, 2011
Does anyone know any of the happenings regarding Thurgoona's coach for next season? Whispers are alot of it depends on how they go this weekend. Lose, they are looking for a new coach. Win, McGlynn remains.

Don't know much about the Tallangatta league but you would think Thurgoona wouldnt have any trouble finding a good coach. Someone out of the O&M? Anyone heard any contenders?