2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of qaulity names on the clearances last week and over the weekend.....Glossop from Rutherglen, he would be a huge loss for them:thumbsdown:

Also Halliday and K.Surrey leaving Beechworth, Margery leaving Yack, S.Hargreaves leaving Thurgoona and Duryea leaving Wahgunyah all will leave holes for their sides.

I see I was correct about the Ladgrove brothers going to Barny, but Heta staying at the raiders. Sounds like Barny have a solid pre season with the Wodonga night series and Brock-Burrum yesterday, but the Monkey yet to make an apprearance:D

Any other praccy matches played over the weekend?

Couple of qaulity names on the clearances last week and over the weekend.....Glossop from Rutherglen, he would be a huge loss for them:thumbsdown:

Also Halliday and K.Surrey leaving Beechworth, Margery leaving Yack, S.Hargreaves leaving Thurgoona and Duryea leaving Wahgunyah all will leave holes for their sides.

I see I was correct about the Ladgrove brothers going to Barny, but Heta staying at the raiders. Sounds like Barny have a solid pre season with the Wodonga night series and Brock-Burrum yesterday, but the Monkey yet to make an apprearance:D

Any other praccy matches played over the weekend?
Haliday and surry will be massive to beechworth, why are they leaving, i though the signing off nick dillon was meant to keep them all together, duryea will be huge as well as his a good player on his day, along with hargreaves and margery, thurgoona played murray magpies and i believe this was pretty close from the mail i got today, both side were not full strength though, couple of goals in it, thurgoona may have dropped back a couple. not sure who else played as i think the majority are in the night comp.

Haliday and surry will be massive to beechworth, why are they leaving, i though the signing off nick dillon was meant to keep them all together, duryea will be huge as well as his a good player on his day, along with hargreaves and margery, thurgoona played murray magpies and i believe this was pretty close from the mail i got today, both side were not full strength though, couple of goals in it, thurgoona may have dropped back a couple. not sure who else played as i think the majority are in the night comp.

You're a long way off the money there Jimmy - Thurgoona beat Magpies easily, closer to 25 goals than than a couple.

You're a long way off the money there Jimmy - Thurgoona beat Magpies easily, closer to 25 goals than than a couple.
thurgoona were 16 goals up at half time and it only got worse, thurgoona had alot more players missing than magpies as well, they looked very impressive

What did we all think of the BMM top 5 predictions in todays lift out

1. Thurgoona
2. Kiewa
3. Barny
4. Chiltern
5. Mitta

Big one was Wahgunyah tipped to slip to 9th i bet Dodd is happy with that prediction, i beleive they are quietly confident of remaining a finals aspirant.

chiltern is the talk of the town and while i think they will improve they wont make finals i dont think. yes there coach can play and they did get wilson as a solid chb but they find one lose one tim lamb is not playing so the good back line they would have formed is not that good after all and who is going to kick all the goals in this team.. as i said just my thoughts

What did we all think of the BMM top 5 predictions in todays lift out

1. Thurgoona
2. Kiewa
3. Barny
4. Chiltern
5. Mitta

Big one was Wahgunyah tipped to slip to 7th i bet Dodd is happy with that prediction, i beleive they are quietly confident of remaining a finals aspirant.

chiltern is the talk of the town and while i think they will improve they wont make finals i dont think. yes there coach can play and they did get wilson as a solid chb but they find one lose one tim lamb is not playing so the good back line they would have formed is not that good after all and who is going to kick all the goals in this team.. as i said just my thoughts

tend to agree winforme, although i havent heard about them being talk of the town, pretty sure they are just going to imrpove and no doubt push some sides but yeah they have to kick a score and stop sides scoring to win a game. Thurgoona and Barny have been the talk really, Thurgoona the Albury of the TDFL, if they are missing a link they fill it. Money obviously not an issue.

i see beechworth has been written of this year. tenth in predictions. although i see with a side of half thirds and seniors they have defeated culcairn by a point in the night series. thoughts??????

i see beechworth has been written of this year. tenth in predictions. although i see with a side of half thirds and seniors they have defeated culcairn by a point in the night series. thoughts??????

Went and had a look. Terrible game. Both sides looked pretty young though. A few top liners didn't play for Culcairn as well. Neither were impressive

yeah so very true i used the wrong words there barny and thurgoona are deff the talk of the town and chiltern just talk of finals but i still think even that talk is a bit fair from the mark they got some massive beatings last year and i think every team above them last year with the exception of rutherglen and maybe the lions (but the lions will still b around the mark) has recruited some good players as well they cant just pin all there hopes on there coach as good as he is.
tend to agree winforme, although i havent heard about them being talk of the town, pretty sure they are just going to imrpove and no doubt push some sides but yeah they have to kick a score and stop sides scoring to win a game. Thurgoona and Barny have been the talk really, Thurgoona the Albury of the TDFL, if they are missing a link they fill it. Money obviously not an issue.

Went and had a look. Terrible game. Both sides looked pretty young though. A few top liners didn't play for Culcairn as well. Neither were impressive
It wasn't a high calibre game but Cul's new coach and Dekka Murray looked in good shape. Was impressed by the Saints new coach, addressed his team well and has a set plan and structure in place. If i was them i'd get him signed a for another 2 years and get some recruits and the Saints will be a success around 2014/15.:thumbsu:

for another 2 years and get some recruits and the Saints will be a success around 2014/15.:thumbsu:
We knew the rebuild wouldn't happen overnight, and we are already seeing some positive signs from the practice matches, from the players and coaches, hopefully we can continue to build over the 2012 season with a few upsets and will keep working hard our future as well...

Its going to be tough on Beechworth and Kiewa playing 2 games in 6 days, can only help Mitta and DMB. But the fitness can only help...:rolleyes:

any other news from practice matches, teams have played in some other then Henri's comp? Chiltern, Tall, Yack, cats, lions?

We knew the rebuild wouldn't happen overnight, and we are already seeing some positive signs from the practice matches, from the players and coaches, hopefully we can continue to build over the 2012 season with a few upsets and will keep working hard our future as well...

Its going to be tough on Beechworth and Kiewa playing 2 games in 6 days, can only help Mitta and DMB. But the fitness can only help...:rolleyes:

any other news from practice matches, teams have played in some other then Henri's comp? Chiltern, Tall, Yack, cats, lions?

i am sure having Burgo will see your guys improve over time but two praccy matches and two 90+ point losses not to many positives there old mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am sure having Burgo will see your guys improve over time but two praccy matches and two 90+ point losses not to many positives there old mate

15 goals is better than 30. Saints will be a force in some part of this decade dont worry about that. i hope they knock a few sides off this year but even if they dont they are having a crack.

yeah so very true i used the wrong words there barny and thurgoona are deff the talk of the town and chiltern just talk of finals but i still think even that talk is a bit fair from the mark they got some massive beatings last year and i think every team above them last year with the exception of rutherglen and maybe the lions (but the lions will still b around the mark) has recruited some good players as well they cant just pin all there hopes on there coach as good as he is.

you could be right winforme, first six weeks or so will sort the good sides out from the rest.

What i have heard around the traps Chiltern have played Howlong and Numurkah and won both of their games.Good start by them as Howlong ranked number one and Numurkah a Murray league side. Then again we dont know if all sides at full strength but must be playing well.

What i have heard around the traps Chiltern have played Howlong and Numurkah and won both of their games.Good start by them as Howlong ranked number one and Numurkah a Murray league side. Then again we dont know if all sides at full strength but must be playing well.

Chiltern are looking like a very well drilled side this year, they did win both their games but Howlong and Numurkah were missing a few players but they are well and truly on the up! Rutherglen beat CDHBU by 5 points on the weekend which from reports was a very ugly game, they have Rennie this weekend which will give a better indication where they are at. Wahgunyah has won both their practice matches against Greta and Moyhu, word is they are a very different side to last year but still should be around the mark!

I know it is early, but I really think the Tallangatta League can give it to the Hume League this year, as long as clubs let more high profile players play and those players make themselves available. With another draw that includes 2 more weekends off there can't be many excuses.

With possibilties like Cook, Stead, Hicks, Donnan and maybe Pieri up forward and midfileders available like Reynoldson, Surrey, Durbridge, Mellier, Bain and Lappin there should be plenty of improvement in the league this year. I'm sure I've missed some too.

Hopefully a new ruckman will emerge and the selectors focus on some defenders this year instead of using forwards to play against the Hume leagues gun forwards, which really didn't work last year. Kirk Wilson would be an addition to the league that might provide something in this area and Kiewa has always had a very good backline.

These are my thoughts anyway, what do others think?

Anybody know the result of the Thurgoona and BB Saints practice match the other night?:confused:

went to both nights of the night comp this week and i have picked up 2 things dmb big gun dale lappin did his knee in the first game against beechworth i feel sorry for him and the club talking to a couple of the boys from the bombers he fitted in there so well he loved it they loved him fittest he has even been would of been huge for them, already looking to next year.
also there is a good player returning he was a premiership player with tallangatta, he will sign and play with kiewa this week......to give you guys a hint his brother plays at wodonga. round 1 only a week away doogies look the goods woof woof

went to both nights of the night comp this week and i have picked up 2 things dmb big gun dale lappin did his knee in the first game against beechworth i feel sorry for him and the club talking to a couple of the boys from the bombers he fitted in there so well he loved it they loved him fittest he has even been would of been huge for them, already looking to next year.
also there is a good player returning he was a premiership player with tallangatta, he will sign and play with kiewa this week......to give you guys a hint his brother plays at wodonga. round 1 only a week away doogies look the goods woof woof

Yeah hard luck for the Bombers by all reports Lappin was flying on the track, didnt even touch the ball went down in the first 5 minutes total reco needed for him, also heard another of there good players in Powell who had made the Bushys squad broke his jaw in there last practice match i would reckon thats 2 out of there best 18 gone before the season starts.
Kiewa picking up Telford shows they are pushing hard for back to back heard the bombers were also close to picking him up with Mansell and Jones being premiership teammates but obviously not that close as he went with Kiewa

Yeah not sure we want Telford, can't make the hard decisions, apprently leaving it all up to his girlfriend who then from what I hear from some our netballers played one club off the other. Not a happy netball team at Kiewa, most of the girls have done all the pre-season and then forced to take a recruits girlfriend. Hope they both perform up to expectations.

Very unlucky for dale!! he's a gun but speaking of dederang mt beauty I have heard matt bradshaw may be heading back/ staying at DMB!!can anyone confirm? also be good to hear how thurgoona went against brock burrom! im pretty sure barny played them as well, maybe they could give a comparison as to who they think is better at this stage! Round 1 not far away kiewa are shaping up red hot favorites!!!!

Anyone keen to give their tips for round 1..?
Here are my thoughts bearing in mind that its only based on last years form and speculation about how sides have recruited...

Chiltern v Barny
DMB v Beech
KSC v Mitta
Saints v Thurgoona
Rutherglen v Wahgunyah
Yack v Tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back