2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bribie has the "fortune" of having Akker playing a one off for them this year - might increase the crowd size from 100 to 300?? he is unbelievable this bloke considering he is also coaching Nth Albury.

Yeah, Bribie won easily. The Cobs only kicked 4 goals for the game. Can't see them making the finals this year.
Bribie must've been chuffed. They belted out their club song after the match.
I found that amusing. To put it in context- they were only playing a praccy match.
Do teams usually sing the club song after a trial?
And the Akker story must be true. I heard about that one late last year.

The Roosters did the road trip up north yesterday and had a great day as far as the club goes. Seniors went down 21.9.135 - 7.4.46 (A big improvement on last year if anyone remembers). Nambour believe they are a 40% better unit this year with recruitment. Reserves went down by about 50 points (80ish to 30) but we probably handed them 5 goals through 50m penalties and some inaccurate kicking which didn't help the cause. Managed to take 2 teams up which is great this time of year given the travel.

Both games played in great spirits, although the seniors was dominated by one umpire who bewildered both clubs. He got noticed though, so I guess he found success as well. The reserves umpiring was great as we hardly noticed them.
Sounds like good things happening at the Roosters. I'm excited about the fact the league is balancing out nicely and I don't think there will be too many weeks easy to tip.

I have always found Griffith Marooka to be a proud club who play with pride. Is the captain of the Ressies running around again (think he plays in long sleeves)? Top bloke who just manages to find the footy.

The only bloke who wore long sleeves last year was our Senior Coach Brad Stephen when he helped with numbers a couple of times last year, but he is senior coach of Calamvale this year. We at the Roosters hope he does well as he is a top bloke.
Sounds about right. He played Ressies against us in the wet at home last year. Think he was a nude nut? Could be wrong! Ha ha

Fantastic performance by the Saints in both grades. 14 of our 22 in the ressies were 18 or younger and never once stood back against older more experienced Redcliffe. Seniors had a fair bit of bad luck yesterday. Two players were late withdrawals due to injury, one withdrew due to family bereavement and KP had nasty flu and should have withdrew as well. Two ressies backed up for a second game, and then copped two injuries in first five minutes. From the 5 minute mark of the first quarter our midfield could only rotate with one on the bench in very hot conditions. A big thanks to the Redcliffe boys who gave us a bit of leniency with rest between quarters etc and their hospitality as a whole.

Good effort by both teams yesterday in 30degree heat a good crowd, would like to hear how Redcliffe thinks well go this season? Would be good to here some feed back thanks for the game wish Redcliffe FC best of luck this season.

Good effort by both teams yesterday in 30degree heat a good crowd, would like to hear how Redcliffe thinks well go this season? Would be good to here some feed back thanks for the game wish Redcliffe FC best of luck this season.
so what was the end result?

Just recently found out about this forum so first time poster. I play for Redcliffe

I've read a bit of the last few pages and everyone's thoughts about the new club on the block. Well we got to play the Saints yesterday in our first hit out for the year. Going by what I saw they look like they will hold there own this year. They have a pretty young team and a good amount of pace around the ground. And from what they were saying they still have a few blokes to come in that didn't play yesterday. Like to chip around a lot, and when they can they like to run.

We didnt really kick away on the scoreboard until the last quarter. They will get better the more games they play together. All in all, very good bunch of blokes and a great day. Thanks for the hit out guys and best of luck for the season.

To KP, sorry for almost putting you through the fence as well mate, was not intentional. Sometimes a bit hard to slow down this old body...

Thanks m
Just recently found out about this forum so first time poster. I play for Redcliffe

I've read a bit of the last few pages and everyone's thoughts about the new club on the block. Well we got to play the Saints yesterday in our first hit out for the year. Going by what I saw they look like they will hold there own this year. They have a pretty young team and a good amount of pace around the ground. And from what they were saying they still have a few blokes to come in that didn't play yesterday. Like to chip around a lot, and when they can they like to run.

We didnt really kick away on the scoreboard until the last quarter. They will get better the more games they play together. All in all, very good bunch of blokes and a great day. Thanks for the hit out guys and best of luck for the season.

To KP, sorry for almost putting you through the fence as well mate, was not intentional. Sometimes a bit hard to slow down this old body...

Thanks mate all best to you boys too was a good day,
Haha all good mate you was kind enough to stretch my cramp for me

Thanks for the compliments Bondy and all in all it was a good day for both sides. Do me a favour in future and don't mention "pretty young team" as Morro will start talking averages with me again haha :p . Best of luck for the Tigers in Div 2 and thanks again for hospitality shown yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A road trip to Redcliffe? Teddy would've had the beer bong out for sure! ;)

Sounds like it was a good clash. How is everyone finding the implementation of the new laws? I'm concerned that the wrong blokes are going to get penalised in contests with the "below the knee" rule.

A road trip to Redcliffe? Teddy would've had the beer bong out for sure! ;)

Sounds like it was a good clash. How is everyone finding the implementation of the new laws? I'm concerned that the wrong blokes are going to get penalised in contests with the "below the knee" rule.
Swoop just sat through the clips on the league website & would have to agree the contact below the knees rule is a little strange. Will be interesting in the wet! I was always taught to go lower and harder than the opponent to win the footy. The other 'interpretations' aren't too earth shattering.

Fairly astounded with the interpretations on the weekend in our game... Blokes diving forward with no one in front of them and being penalized for "diving in". Into what fresh air?? Is going to take some time to get this one right I think!!!

Fairly astounded with the interpretations on the weekend in our game... Blokes diving forward with no one in front of them and being penalized for "diving in". Into what fresh air?? Is going to take some time to get this one right I think!!!

Not for me. You wont catch me on the ground. Too dangerous and too dirty.

I agree with attempting to reduce "those types of injuries" from the game but I have always considered myself a fair player and to think I could cop a free kick, 50m or worse for beating my opponent to the ball worries me.

I agree with stamping out people sliding in with the legs but if a guy wants to throw himself on the ball to win it then I don't have a problem with that.

The rule has come in bc of another rule - that being hit in the head constitutes a free kick. This is a dumb rule bc often a player causes himself to be hit in the head ie ducking (still no free I know) but often now players run in head down, head first with no fear bc they know that even if they make contact with an opponent they will get a free kick. This is a stupid rule. The consequence of this is that some blokes now throw themselves into contests and the guy standing upright has his legs taken out which has lead to extremely serious injuries. Unfortunately what has occurred is coaches now not feeling it necessary for players to learn how to protect themselves when entering a contest.

outside midfielders are need too hey swoopa (just ask morro)
Hmmm.... Not sure I'm comfortable with that tag but hey as long as I can get a touch I'll give up getting my body crunch every week!

So any matches planned this weekend? We are off to take on Alexandra Hills on Saturday which will be a good test.

What is going down at coomera today with this siege??? Has swoopa finally lost mind from watching the tower of terror going up and down to many times. Oh the madness !!!

Hmmm.... Not sure I'm comfortable with that tag but hey as long as I can get a touch I'll give up getting my body crunch every week!

So any matches planned this weekend? We are off to take on Alexandra Hills on Saturday which will be a good test.
Na it's just Johno from the club, a bit upset about having to pay fees. A bit sad really cause he's a real blast to hang out with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back